Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Moronic, what's the southeast pa gnat control solution? These little assholes keep landing in my Scotch.

Half joking, but if there's a solution that's not going to kill kids or pets I'm all ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
I wish the back deck was covered. Oh well, guess I'll look for a fan anyway. Thanks guys!

I actually have a bug zapper, I use it in the garage when I use the propane burner for brewing beer. Best janky solution I've seen in a commercial brewery was one of these things right above a trash can for keeping flies down inside. Goddamn acetobacter.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Short answer: wasp spray is made for that, but any time you go after a nest you need to make peace with the fact you might get stung.

How high up is it? Looks like bald faced hornets, which wasp spray is exceedingly good at making dead fast, but if you're talking ladder needed it still may be questionable. Also keep in mind whatever the max range is quoted on the spray doesn't mean vertically (e.g., Raid will get not spray 15 feet straight in the air).

Anecdotally, we had a wasp nest at the junction between our garage and house roofs. From the ladder with my arm at full reach, the stream of the spray fell about 1 foot short of the actual nest. When I got on the roof to finish the job, they were hosed up enough from being near the fumes that they were unable to fly and dying.

If it is within spray reach, if possible wait until after dark to spray it. During the day there are hornets coming and going foraging, so you'll get the most bang for your buck hitting them at night.

Quick e: also long sleeves and gloves never hurt. If you don't already have the spray, they probably sell mosquito head nets at wherever you buy it, if you want to feel extra secure.

I bought two cheap pvc pipes and a coupler, then taped a plastic drywall scraper to the end. Knocked down the nest 2 stories up, then sprayed it. It was a very bendy lance, but it worked and was cheap.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
I love how that post is basically cat.txt.

Pretty sure you adopt cats by removing dangers, which you've done, and providing food. :catstare:

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Bait a tin cat.

https://www.amazon.com/Victor-M310S-Trap-Catches-Geometric-Pattern/dp/B00004RAMU/

You can release elsewhere or leave the first mouse as bait for others, your call.