Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Crosspost from the Horticulture thread.

Are there any good outdoor wasp/hornet traps y’all recommend? Mostly for paper wasps and the like. I just busted a few trying to build a nest in one of my tree trunk covers.

Are those electric traps any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Motronic posted:

And sorry to those asking invertebrate questions. It's really not my thing. I was hoping someone who does that would start lurking/answering.

well poo poo

in that case I may have to check with the Fix It Fast thread or go back to one of the plant threads

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Last week I went from getting stung by none hornets in my entire life, to getting stung by two of the fuckers just walking around my house. The second one stung me on the arm while I was walking to my car and I didn't even see or feel the thing on me; just a sharp burning sensation that didn't go away, followed by two guys at Home Depot being able to point to the spot without me even telling them where on my body it was.

The first one was in my bedroom. Where I sleep. I took one step through the door, it took one look at my foot, and it stung me.

I need wasp/hornet trap recommendations, and I need them now.

I don't know what exact species the bugs that stung me are but I strongly suspect they're both the same. They were very dark brown and either big wasps or small hornets. Not a ton to go on but it's all I have at the moment. I am in east/northeast Texas, and I plan to call an exterminator to take a look at several places along the outside of my house where I wonder if they might be nesting, but I'd like some trap suggestions too.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

welp, apparently I got possums.

I was just greeted by a huge fucker in my garage when I got home from the gym about half an hour ago. I've seen a few possums around my neighborhood over the past few months, but this is my first time spotting one inside my garage. It seemed to know the layout of the place too because it just casually walked behind a pile of junk when I tried to shoo it away, which tells me it's probably been there before.

How do I get rid of a possum?