Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Motronic posted:

Well here's one outside of my experience and training. I thought I had a racoon in the barn because I was finding stuff knocked over and dusty (from the floor) paw prints on the tables and desk/keyboard/shiposting station in the back corner. I misidentified the paw prints.

Came back after being on vacation for a couple of weeks and found this kitty in there, very much not happy to see me and jumped up on the cabinet and then climbed across the rim joist into/onto the soffit.

I have another pic where you can tell he/she has no collar. This has been going on for almost 2 months, including one of my inside cats occasionally going batshit insane in the late evenings yelling and pissing on the floor near one of the back sliding glass doors, presumably when this cat comes out and explores near the house.

Now I need to figure out what to do. Best outcome would be figuring out how to get my other cat to stop freaking out and adopt the barn cat as a barn cat and just leave it there, maybe get my hands on it to vet it if possible (seems feral, but maybe not?). But I have no idea how they are getting in out out. There is no way it survived locked in there when I was gone. And it's sleeping in my desk chair based on the amount of cat hair on it.

I've started making drat sure the pesticide cabinet is closed and that I don't leave anything out because some of the stuff I use normally is very toxic to cats when it's still wet.

If you look for a local TNR (trap, neuter, release) program they might be able to help you out with a trap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

A dime sized hole is big enough for mice.

I think even as small as the diameter of a pencil is big enough