Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water. And we're mostly water. Therefore, we are bleach.
Time for the second April Mystery Tyme Attack race!

The race this time is Mario 64 Chaos Edition! Most stars in 90 minutes!
:phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline:

GROUP 1: https://www.multitwitch.tv/tymestalker/jakemonroe/faronheights/neptunedaydream/nalwonk/starmanrandom
GROUP 2: https://www.multitwitch.tv/flamingrok/drmutagen/zerogravyon/okamiofgames/sprasshu/kyon2570

GROUP 1: Tymestalker, Jake Monroe, Faronheights, NeptuneDaydream, Nalwonk and It's A Staman
GROUP 2: FlamingRok, Dr. Mutagen, ZeroGravyon, OkamiOfGames, Sprasshu and Kyon2570

The videos for Mystery Race 1 should be out by Sunday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water. And we're mostly water. Therefore, we are bleach.
An addendum to the Tyme Attack April Mystery Races, due to tech issues on my end (had to system reset my computer due to graphical issues with Windows), I'm skipping over archiving Week 3's race. So I'll only be getting out 3 of 4 Tyme Attack races for the month of April.

The race was a custom rule defined "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego" race, which doesn't really work in a video format anyways.

- The goal was to finish 5 cases.
- Every case you successfully finish, you get 5 points.
- +2 points each day the case is solved before Sunday (you have a week to arrest the criminal).

Here were the participants:

GROUP 1: Tymestalker, Dustminion, Faronheights, ZeroGravyon
GROUP 2: Bendyhuman, Dr. Mutagen, FionaKaenbyou, JakeMonroe, OkamiOfGames
GROUP 3: FlamingRok, TerrorVan, Sprasshu, Polk Kitsune

I'll also throw up the final scores too, since an uploaded archive of the race will never come to light!

1st: Faronheights and TerrorVan: 57 points
2nd: FionaKaenbyou: 49 points
3rd: Polk Kitsune: 39 points
4th: Dr. Mutagen, Sprasshu and Tymestalker: 37 points
5th: ZeroGravyon: 27 points
6th: Dustminion and JakeMonroe: 25 points
7th: FlamingRok: 21 points
8th: OkamiOfGames: 11 points
9th: Bendyhuman: 1 point

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

It's time for the final Tyme Attack race of April!

This is called the "Nalwonk Special". Nalwonk has supplied us with a special romhack. 90 minute race, no warps allowed. Furthest we get in 90 minutes wins.

We got 3 groups tonight, so come check it out!

GROUP 1: https://multitwitch.tv/tymestalker/jakemonroe/zerogravyon/flamingrok/faronheights
GROUP 2: https://www.multitwitch.tv/drmutagen/okamiofgames/sprasshu/polk_kitsune
GROUP 3: https://www.multitwitch.tv/nalwonk/terrorvan/kyon2570/neptunedaydream

GROUP 1: Tymestalker, Jake Monroe, ZeroGravyon, FlamingRok and Faronheights
GROUP 2: Dr. Mutagen, OkamiOfGames, Sprasshu and Polk Kitsune
GROUP 3: Nalwonk, TerrorVan, Kyon2570 and NeptuneDaydream

Also due to tech issues, the archived videos of these races were delayed, I'll have all 3 groups of race 1 uploaded tomorrow or Friday for sure!

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

TWITCH RACE: SCORE DEFLECT | TYME ATTACK APRIL MYSTERY RACE | GROUP 1 | GROUP 2 | GROUP 3

GROUP 1: Polk Kitsune, Tymestalker, Bendyhuman, JakeMonroe

GROUP 2: chaos_defrost, Dustminion, Kyon2570, Terror Van

GROUP 3: ZeroGravyon, Sprasshu, OkamiOfGames, FlamingRok

*Recommend of course watching the videos in order*

Also, I've been slacking on updating the THREAD CONTENT post with recent races, I'll have that updated soon!

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

UPDATE:

Last time I'm promoting this:

Last call on signups for Gelgium Falls first ever Mystery Race Tournament! Signups close and the tourney officially starts on May 10th. We are currently at 14 participants signed up, I'm looking for at least 16 participants total. Otherwise, I have to change the format of the tourney to remove the preliminary rounds. If you're looking to participate in a casual racing tourney this spring/summer, consider signing up!

https://challonge.com/gelgiumfallsMRT

Currently signed up for the tourney: CirclMastr, GeneJeanie, Tymestalker, Bendyhuman, chaos_defrost, PolterGhost, Subzero7, TerrorVan, heavybass, soundlyParanoid (It's A Starman), Pufferfish King, SalmonBuffalo, Polk Kitsune, Kuchiri

Now for more depressing news. I realize this thread is pretty much dead. I got that hint when ManicX stopped posting the latest GRA videos in the thread. Probably more than 10 videos have come out of GRA since I last posted their Ape Escape race, and it's not my responsibility to archive their content for them here. All this thread has become is me shillposting my own races and events to an audience that has ceased to exist for over 5 years now. I never wanted it to just be like that, I wanted it to be more interactive than this, just like the original racing threads were.

I'm gonna finish up editing together the April Tyme Attack Mystery Races and then after that, twitch race uploads will cease to happen for awhile, because the tournament will be underway, and this thread will temporarily be about updates and uploads regarding this tournament.

The success of the tourney will dictate the future of this thread and whether or not I wish to continue with this crusade called Let's Race, or whether I pull the plug on it for good. If the tourney goes well and both me and the participants are happy with how it went, I'll make the Mystery Race Tournament a yearly thing and continue with Let's Race. But if it all falls apart, I'll accept that this is dead and I'll close down this thread.

Finally, the THREAD CONTENT post has been updated. Next update from me will be either when the tourney starts or I finish editing together the second April Tyme Attack Mystery Race.

Edit: I'm gonna restart with this thread and keep things simplier this time around

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 7, 2021