Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

collocation posted:

Cena comes out and says that there are many familiar faces for Eddie in this fairly Hispanic audience. He points out one guy and says that it was the first guy Eddie cheated on who let him cover all 4 of his bases. Says that after they spent the night together, Eddie couldn't walk right, that they started with dinner and a movie and ended up with a cock fight. He then tells Eddie that you don't belong here, that he stole a green card, and that he better run south before Cena calls border control. He tells him that it doesn't fit in because he's got the US title but he's not even a citizen. He then tells him to get deported, says that isn' a setback for Cena, and that he will pin him in the gulf of Mexico and leave him with a wet back. He then tells Eddie that he will break him open like a pinata.
jfc

great idea for a thread btw. it's interesting to take a look back at pop culture from almost two decades ago and see all of it just so completely out of touch

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

PWG 10/04/03 Are You Adequately Prepared To Rock

Excalibur:

"You might think that Paul T is Chinese because of his slanted appearance, but he is actually Japanese"

"No actually because there are alot of non Jewish people here" - in response to if there is a lawyer in attendance

"The island of Guadacanal was never the same after the Americans routed those filthy slopes there"

"as we know foreigners are not as smart was the native born Americans"

"narrow like the space on his resume because he's Mexican and Mexicans don't work a lot and if they do it's for unrecorded labor"

"you can be sure that they are covered with the dirt and the filth of the Strawberry farms in the LA area" -regarding Lil Cholo's footwear

"He's going to get crotched, that's what he's going for, he's going for no children in his future, which is actually pretty funny because alot of black people I know have many many children" - on Scorpio Sky

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

CZW 10/04/03 - Pain In the Rain II

"Hey buddy I'll come over and fudgepack you like Hershey PA" - Rockin Rebel

Rick Feinberg announced as weighing in at 200 T cells

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

WWE loves bringing up Mexican food when it comes to Mexican dudes.

Confidential 10/11/03:

"He's got a stomach weakness for those gorditas" - John Cena on a radio show explaining his secret weapon to beat Eddie.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

CZW 10/11/03 Uprising:

Derek Frazier and Rockin Rebel carry Watermelon and Fried Chicken to the ring for Frazier's match against Ruckus

Rockin Rebel offers the KFC and Watermelon in exchange for Ruckus forfeiting and giving them the belt

"Ruckus is mad, he just lost his dinner" - John House, after the meal is smashed

Ruckus shoves watermelon into Rockin Rebel's mouth until he chokes, which I was good with.

Rockin Rebel tells Sonjay to dance (?!?) up his camel and get someone worth a set

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

collocation posted:

CZW 10/11/03 Uprising:

Derek Frazier and Rockin Rebel carry Watermelon and Fried Chicken to the ring for Frazier's match against Ruckus

Rockin Rebel offers the KFC and Watermelon in exchange for Ruckus forfeiting and giving them the belt

"Ruckus is mad, he just lost his dinner" - John House, after the meal is smashed

Ruckus shoves watermelon into Rockin Rebel's mouth until he chokes, which I was good with.

Rockin Rebel tells Sonjay to dance (?!?) up his camel and get someone worth a set

oh man, MRT just showed this a week or two ago. Even by edgy early 2000s standards it was horrible.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

collocation posted:

CZW 10/11/03 Uprising:

Feel at this point that I should mention, in case anyone isn't aware, that Rockin' Rebel would later murder his wife & then kill himself.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Hirez posted:

Man I bet Goldust has a war and peace coles note sized list - One of the worst Owen moments I have is when he started an F chant at Goldust - I'm sure he was told to do it because he didn't seem like the type but then again he is a Hart, and they know heat (and it was the terrible 90's).

I was watching a ye olde raw during the lawler/goldust feud and Lawler just straight up calls him the f-slur and the crowd cheers. Even Lawler seemed taken aback.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Peanut President posted:

I was watching a ye olde raw during the lawler/goldust feud and Lawler just straight up calls him the f-slur and the crowd cheers. Even Lawler seemed taken aback.

Yeah that's the famous promo where Lawler later says Dustin's daughter, who was like 3 years old at the time, should be named "Target, because everyone has had a shot at her." Talk about projecting.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I know it's not exactly in the time frame but watching the EricIsDrunk Twitch stream for '86 WWF shows and at one point Macho just flat out calls Tito Santana a slur on Prime Time Wrestling. What a piece of poo poo.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
what was the slur

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

If this isn't ok I will gladly remove it

B***er

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

TheKingslayer posted:

I know it's not exactly in the time frame but watching the EricIsDrunk Twitch stream for '86 WWF shows and at one point Macho just flat out calls Tito Santana a slur on Prime Time Wrestling. What a piece of poo poo.

Thank god Macho was a heel; it's just wild that Brian Pillman shouted into a camera that JOHNNY BE GAY and led a crowd in chanting the f-slur as Johnny Be Badd and he was a face. Same with Lawler being a face and calling Goldust the same thing

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Testekill posted:

Thank god Macho was a heel; it's just wild that Brian Pillman shouted into a camera that JOHNNY BE GAY and led a crowd in chanting the f-slur as Johnny Be Badd and he was a face. Same with Lawler being a face and calling Goldust the same thing
I thought Lawler was the heel and one of the reasons he got a face reaction (outside of homophobia being totally cool among wrestling fans at the time) is because RAW was in Tennessee.

RHX
Oct 20, 2005
Hulk Hogan referring to Yokozuna as "the Jap" around Wrestlemania IX always sat badly with me

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

TheKingslayer posted:

If this isn't ok I will gladly remove it

B***er

I have no idea what this could... and I don't want to google around racist slur sites... you can spoiler it or just put the 3 other letters cause now I'm curious :v:

vv oh duh... and no Lucha House Party during that time to give Macho his due

Hirez fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 8, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hirez posted:

I have no idea what this could... and I don't want to google around racist slur sites... you can spoiler it or just put the 3 other letters cause now I'm curious :v:

*ean**

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fncAyxe1c8E&t=1614s

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
yikes, but holy lol at that finish to the ladder match

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxe2tHkhNY0

God drat the 90s sucked lol

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

RHX posted:

Hulk Hogan referring to Yokozuna as "the Jap" around Wrestlemania IX always sat badly with me

That one in particular pisses me off too. I guess because of Hogan's whole image being a hero when he is literally the worst person on earth even in kayfabe honestly. His whole shameless use of American nationalism to get over is pretty disgusting.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

RHX posted:

I initially thought that Pearl Harbor was just a wrestling move due to how much it was used as a description of an attack from behind by 80's WWE announcers.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Better Than You posted:

I thought Lawler was the heel and one of the reasons he got a face reaction (outside of homophobia being totally cool among wrestling fans at the time) is because RAW was in Tennessee.

Nah that was in Evansville, IN. To be fair it was in the Mid-South's territory back in the ye olden days but it absolutely wasn't Tennessee.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Smackdown 10/16/03:

"Yes, it's true, I'm obsessed with other men's balls" - Kurt Angle as John Cena

"You see that, esse? You see your low rider?" - Big Show to Eddie Guerrero after smashing him and his low rider

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

collocation posted:

WWE loves bringing up Mexican food when it comes to Mexican dudes.

Confidential 10/11/03:

"He's got a stomach weakness for those gorditas" - John Cena on a radio show explaining his secret weapon to beat Eddie.

This is actually a pun insult about Vickie

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Smackdown 10/23/03:

"Kurt made me nervous. He was grabbin' my salami" - John Cena, explaining his PPV loss

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Raw 10/27/03:

"What about Rico? What kinda I wish he would go back in the closet" - Jerry Lawler

"Rico's still mourning Roy or Seigfried, one of em, I don't know" - Jim Ross

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Smackdown 10/30/03:

"Chris, Kurt, what happened? You used to get along so great. And last week I guess you lover boys just ran into a bad date. After what I saw, I was sure you were going to break up. That fight was kind of weird, but then I saw you kiss and make up." - John Cena, who shudders after saying make up

Funaki:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Okay, I know he's not, but it looks like he's parodying Mohammad Yone.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Okay, I know he's not, but it looks like he's parodying Mohammad Yone.

The announcers mentioned Undercover Brother, which was only 17 months old when the segment was aired, making that one of WWE's more timely cultural references.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

ROH Main Event Spectacle 11/01/03

"Give up I beat (?) Dusty with it, <f word slur for gay person>" - AJ Styles to Bryan as he has him in a Figure Four, which he had recently used to beat Dusty Rhodes in TNA

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Also @ ROH:

"Samoans, you give em a raw fish and coconut, and they're happy people." - Jim Cornette, talking about Samoa Joe

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

collocation posted:

Also @ ROH:

"Samoans, you give em a raw fish and coconut, and they're happy people." - Jim Cornette, talking about Samoa Joe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mlYxS5rOAw

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

There was a clip from one of those TNT programs from the 80s, where Piper said of Mr. T: "He wears more chains than his ancestors."

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Piper would regularly call Bruno Sammartino a wop at MSG shows in the 80s.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There's a Hogan promo from a brief run as a heel for Vince Sr where he tells Tony Atlas to shine his shoes and refers to him as a brown clown

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 16, 2020

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:thunk:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Triple H in 1998 did a gorilla impression at Mark Henry while he's coming to the ring for their match.

Booker T and the Undertaker had a pretty lovely feud where Booker visited a mystic for advice on how to beat Undertaker and I think he started dabbling in voodoo?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Peanut President posted:

Goldust literally turned face by having Lawler ask "Aren't you, y'know, a queer?" and he angrily screams NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and the crowd goes wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

collocation posted:

They've laid off of it more recently, but I wrote about another trope that Vince loved regarding race earlier in my rewatch of the year:

I wanted to explain this next one a little bit, as the larger racist aspect of the story is not what was being said by the characters, but rather in the construction of the story.

WWE seems to have a trope in which they like to have an "incorrectly" angry black person or persons being mad at the man (see NOD for a more frequently referenced case) while there's a hard working non-complaining black person who doesn't blame anything on racism (see Ahmed) to show how one should act because racism never held down anyone in the WWE.

I remember seeing this video some years ago and this just reminded me of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDcgYw2MtCI