Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles are leading the NFC East at 2-4-1

Suck it rest of the NFL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

But they who wait for TNF shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Danny Dimes ran 80 yards before getting tackled by a ghost 🤣🤣🤣🤣

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1319464628468867073
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1319467629900369921
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1319483038947024896

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the giants play that -exact- game against the eagles every year, and -every- year they lose it in the same hilarious fashion

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That game was amazing in all the wrong ways.

Daniel Jones, may your :effort: scramble be an inspiration to us out-of-shape goons that suck at running.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I love the nfc east

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes/status/1319465145047961601

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Better Than You posted:

Danny Dimes ran 80 yards before getting tackled by a ghost 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's Halloween! A spoopy tackle!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I feel bad for those teams, but that was tremendous content.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Whoever said Thursday Night Football should NFCE only is most correct person on this forums.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

as a giants fan unironically I enjoyed every minute of that game. I love INT to INT drives, the bizarre special teams gaffes, it hit a peak of clownball with the Daniel Jones early slide where the fumbles and goofs stopped bothering me the way they have for the last many miserable years of giants fandom. i have ascended. why be mad that Jerry Jones is coaching my football team? I can't control it. Thursday night football matured me as a man. Daniel Jones fell so we could rise.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
That game was entertaining as gently caress and everyone who hates NFCE clownball can eat it

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Whoever said Thursday Night Football should NFCE only is most correct person on this forums.

tnf is always horribly lovely and the nfc east is horribly lovely.

a match made in heaven

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
What the gently caress are the Eagles doing with Jalen Hurts

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He's extremely bad yall

https://twitter.com/wingoz/status/1319484501601431554?s=20

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

What the gently caress are the Eagles doing with Jalen Hurts

they really liked the dumbshit stuff the saints have been doing with taysom hill and wanted in on that action

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

NFC East: :regd08:

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Tonight has only confirmed the truth that the Eagles are the best team in the division and also have very, very serious long-term structural problems.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

the gmen

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Wentz looked pretty good last night I thought.

Our Secondary on the other hand did not look good at all.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1319609392090828802?s=19

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think I'm really enjoying all the hot takes on Jones run as if any of those people would be able to run 80 yards in full kit at full speed without absolutely dying. Those runs are the ones you see the backs and receivers on the sideline afterwards huffing oxygen like they got covid.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Look I'd be out of breath and obviously a lot slower than Jones, but I could still run 100 yards without tripping.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Asproigerosis posted:

I think I'm really enjoying all the hot takes on Jones run as if any of those people would be able to run 80 yards in full kit at full speed without absolutely dying. Those runs are the ones you see the backs and receivers on the sideline afterwards huffing oxygen like they got covid.

The backs and receivers don't fall flat on their face at the 20 yard linr, though.

Although I'd laugh just the same at them if they did.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The lesson here is Jones should've eased off his max speed and opted for a couple more seconds of ATP reserves to reach the end zone. Also should've looked up at the Jumbotron to see how much space he had vs the nearest tackler.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jameis's 2019 was truly an epic season in these times.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Android Apocalypse posted:

The lesson here is Jones should've eased off his max speed and opted for a couple more seconds of ATP reserves to reach the end zone. Also should've looked up at the Jumbotron to see how much space he had vs the nearest tackler.

No. I like how he did it better.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Well yeah, it's better for us viewers. For Jones trying to score a touchdown, he should've throttled back a little.

Either way that game was fun. I wonder how it's ratings did vs. the debates?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Asproigerosis posted:

Could you run 80 yards? Checkmate Libs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Did the giants score on the drive?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

a neat cape posted:

Sadly yes

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

a neat cape posted:

Yeah so it's kind of irrelevant. Like Jackson chucking the ball away on his deep bomb catch. It's funny but ultimately meaningless

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

my thoughts on the game are:

- daniel jones, gallman, boston scott, fulgham, and golden tate are all fun to watch. they're probably all third option guys on a decent team but at least even the bad teams in the nfl are doing interesting things instead of pounding the ball 100 times behind a putrid o line.

- I remembered the hype around jabrill peppers and I guess he's a bust or maybe just nothing special

e: also besides the run, that punt early in the game where the gunner was uncovered was completely insane. the punter is pointing at the open guy, and the eagles/giants sideline/giants gunner don't notice either

hifi fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 23, 2020

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

hifi posted:

- I remembered the hype around jabrill peppers and I guess he's a bust or maybe just nothing special

I've been revisiting Peppers in my head. College teams are moving to 3-3-5 scheme's which is something teams have adapted for Lamar. It seems like he could have value as a Good Enough safety in that kind of defense.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:qq: I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU RUN 80 YARDS :qq:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I've been revisiting Peppers in my head. College teams are moving to 3-3-5 scheme's which is something teams have adapted for Lamar. It seems like he could have value as a Good Enough safety in that kind of defense.

Yeah but he was the only one that got those "the swiss army knife" "the eraser" type nicknames and comparisons to mathieu, deone bucannon, budda baker, or I guess now isaiah simmons, when you really just need a safety that isn't a 170 lb converted defensive back.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Better Than You posted:

:qq: I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU RUN 80 YARDS :qq:

How many times is a guy allowed to poo poo himself during the combine 40 yard dash before he's disqualified

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

hifi posted:

Yeah but he was the only one that got those "the swiss army knife" "the eraser" type nicknames and comparisons to mathieu, deone bucannon, budda baker, or I guess now isaiah simmons, when you really just need a safety that isn't a 170 lb converted defensive back.

College swiss army knife who moved directly to safety in the pro's. Just seems like there's enough athlete (4.46 40 and 213lbs at the combine) he could stick as a tackler for the coverage guys in 3-3-5.

I can't believe I'm defending Jabrill Peppers as "eh sure why not" when I hated the pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Asproigerosis posted:

8 year olds run from one end of the field to the other for conditioning, OP.