Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's hard to believe AB won't end up on the Commissioners' Exempt List again as more details during his upcoming trials come out. It might not matter much to the Bucs offense, but it would probably put AB out of commission in the comp pick formula.

Brady put AB in touch with Tony Robbins and you haven't accounted for that :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

chamois posted:

most quarterbacks never get to play in the superbowl

I mean his career as a whole, we got 5 maybe 6 years of peak fun Cam and the rest was a mess and now he's trash

FizFashizzle posted:

The only part to argue about is how much blame goes to him vs. the organization as a whole.

Like imagine an offensive coordinator who used him half as well as Greg Roman uses Lamar.

Nah, let's just run him off tackle 10 times a game.

Norv had something good going for a few games before Cam looked hurt again, he could have used someone more creative early on though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Norv had something good going for a few games before Cam looked hurt again, he could have used someone more creative early on though.

Well we started with Chudzinski who ran a fun two tight end vertical passing game.

Would have been great to see him develop in that, but Chud bailed, Ron was "still learning to coach" for his first 2.5 years, and then in came Mike Shula.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Holy poo poo!

https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/1320760989441163265?s=20

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

wandler20 posted:

I think it took him a few weeks to get back into shape considering he hadn't played in a year and there was no offseason. He's obviously lost a step or two but he still gets open and can just body up almost any defender and make the play. Plus he's a pretty good blocker.

he's the best tight end to ever play with kind of a gale sayers career, i just didn't expect him to find even half of what he used to be

and yeah larry allen is the best athlete to ever play as shown by that clip, completely freakish

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:randstare: drat, I don't think I've ever seen a Larry Allen highlight that had him in a dead run that much, usually he was just :killdozer:'in people.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
If the Steelers or Titans can put together a full game they're going to be a real problem

Larry Allen is incredible

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That is loving peak performance right there.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s impressive as all hell, but honestly the greatest of all TIME is Ben Watson chasing down Champ Bailey

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Amy Pole Her posted:

That’s impressive as all hell, but honestly the greatest of all TIME is Ben Watson chasing down Champ Bailey

I thought this at first but I think Larry Allen moving that much weight is just incredible

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
The most impressive highlight of all time will always be Reggie White throwing Larry Allen like a ragdoll for me.

Nov 6, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

I actually think Metcalf's is more impressive because Baker never slowed down and even could see at the end that Metcalf was coming for him and still couldn't get away. Bailey was out of gas at the end and had no idea he was about to get blasted. Although Watson had to run diagonally across the entire field which was pretty loving amazing.

Also Metcalf truly saved a TD. The Broncos scored there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZCTzYNBQE

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It should’ve been a fumble so that’s actually another point for Watson TY

Nov 6, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

It should’ve been a fumble so that’s actually another point for Watson TY

Touchback probably.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

metcalf only saved like 3 or 4 expected points though

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

hifi posted:

metcalf only saved like 3 or 4 expected points though

?

He stopped the TD return and then the cards turned the ball over on downs.

Saved 7 points.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

?

He stopped the TD return and then the cards turned the ball over on downs.

Saved 7 points.

its an advanced statistics joke

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Larry Allen was the most physically gifted player in the history of the NFL. He just happened to be huge so he was a lineman. If he was 225 instead of 325 he'd have been the one of the best LB/TE/DE or whatever else he wanted to play ever.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
IMO, this is the most iconic chase down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqGNTUQSuPM

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Larry Allen ran a 4.85 40 yard dash at over 300 lbs. There are maybe 1-2 people on this entire forum that could run a sub 5 second 40.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiu52DN8vYA

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I will never get tired of that clip. Dick Enberg, Dan Dierdorf, and Paul McGuire all losing their minds and laughing.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

lol I knew this was going to be either this video or the one before it.

My favorite detail is how wide his eyes are in the replay, really conveying that sense of "oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress what do I dooooooooo"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Woozie66 posted:

I'm sure everyone reading the thread knows, but I didn't see it posted: OBJ tore his ACL and is obviously out for the year.

Nooooooooo!!!!! :( why God why is this world so cruel!!!! When’s the end of his contract? Can the Browns make it to a winning season without him? And Chubb? And the Super Bowl?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Gatts posted:

Can the Browns make it to a winning season without him?

And Chubb?

And the Super Bowl?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

lol he's so desperately trying to hand the ball off but no one is there to take it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hahaha that’s great

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

:golfclap:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gatts posted:

Nooooooooo!!!!! :( why God why is this world so cruel!!!! When’s the end of his contract? Can the Browns make it to a winning season without him? And Chubb? And the Super Bowl?

I hate to break it to you but Baker is better without OBJ then with him for whatever reason so while it sucks for OBJ from a purely Brownsian perspective you should probably be secretly happy.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gently caress the bears

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Could the next gdt please be called I Did It All For Dinucci

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
the bears still suck

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hughesta posted:

the bears still suck

Yesterday I was musing to myself wondering if the Browns were the worst 5-2 team in history and answered no but I thought they might possibly be in the conversation.

gently caress me the Bears were right loving there with a better record at the time.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams defense is really good this year provided they remember how to tackle

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
fire pace fire nagy fire pagano

cut massie, leno, whitehair, daniels, anthony miller, david montgomery, foles, trubisky, trevathan, roquan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/danwiederer/status/1320930569820262401?s=19