Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to win?
Infinitum
Hunters
View Results

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

The undead are defeated and I missed the end of the game :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Infinitum posted:

- Got found in turn 2

Always scout Manchester! :D
(Actually drat, now that I think about it, if I had scouted London instead it could've been a very different game, depending on our luck...phew)

EDIT: Also, I had two cards for the second half that, when used together in an action, reduces influence by two - it's almost disappointing that I couldn't use it! :D

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 1, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
In honor of our victorious hunters, here's another $50 to a good cause:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Perhaps we can have a Return of Dracula game at the end of the probe?

:thunk:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Perhaps we can have a Return of Dracula game at the end of the probe?

:thunk:

I'd be up for it, if we're bringing the old gang back together! Else I'll happily watch, to see Dracula burn for good :D

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've usually got plenty of free time, so I could come back for the sequel.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Excellent show from both sides, and a great stream. Enjoy your vacation, Vlad!

Congratulatory donation:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

What's the influence track do and why didn't it move until the last 5min?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

TOOT BOOT posted:

What's the influence track do and why didn't it move until the last 5min?

Drac can get influence my maturing vampires (and possibly other cards and killing hunters too, I'm not sure?), but the hunters did a pretty good job keeping that from happening.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Vampires give a varying amount of influence if they mature (3-5 I think?), killing a hunter is worth (2 + despair) influence, and after Dracula hits 3 despair he gains 3 influence for every city card he places down.

Oh, and he wins when it hits 13.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Arzaac posted:

Oh, and he wins when it hits 13.

Well we know that certainly didn't happen :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Prokhor posted:

Aha! You fool, after extensive consultation with the ancient tomes we have discovered your weakness, and our path to glory!

And, of course, the Hunters will win!

Just gonna say, this post aged REALLY well. :D

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Fury of Dracula Stream Replay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xQXyy_njCQ

I also woke up this morning with the following message on Discord from Infinitum:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Fury of Dracula Stream Replay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xQXyy_njCQ

I also woke up this morning with the following message on Discord from Infinitum:

:yeshaha:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

That's magnificent

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I played this twice a couple of years ago and enjoyed it, so it was nice to see a playthrough of it. I think one of those games even also had a turn 2 Dracula reveal in manchester from the same scouts card, though uhhh they didn't manage to drag out it out as long as this one.

Anyway here's to hoping there's a sequel video.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Thanks for uploading this. Wow, you could not have come up with a more entertaining game with a tense, down to the wire finish if you had scripted it. Really great job to everyone who contributed!
(also thanks for the donation shoutout midgame)

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

kept you waiting huh

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I watch Creature Features on YouTube, this past weekend I tuned in and son of a bitch guess what the movie was

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
:siren::spooky::drac:Vs Series - Friday the 13th aka Renfield's Revenge is a go!:drac::spooky::siren:

The whispers of Draculas impending resurrection hang in the air..
Can the team of Inspector's stop Renfield from drawing the blood he needs?..
Or will Renfield succeed in resurrecting his Master to exact this revenge..

On Friday the 13th Infinitum will take on a team of 3 Goons in
Whitehall Mstery
(Reskinned for Dracula purposes!)

Twitch Channel :siren:
https://twitch.tv/shallnoiseupon

-------------------------------------------
Starting Time
  • 9:30am Nov 14th - AEDT (Sydney)
  • 2:30pm Nov 13th - PST (Los Angeles)
  • 5:30pm Nov 13th - EST (New York)
  • 10:30pm Nov 13th - GMT (London)

If you get confused put your city into this converter and it will tell you the starting time! :siren:
Whitehall Mystery takes 1-2 hours at most to play, and won't be a 3-4 hour game like Fury.

Inspector Team
ShallNoiseUpon
VideoGames
Mystic Mongol

'Betting' aka Donations

If you would like to 'bet' on the match, you will be rewarded with a Vampire Killer gangtag on the provision that you make a charitable donation of at least $10

1.) Make a donation to the BLM movement, or your countries Red Cross, or another worthy charity.
2.) Post a pic of your donation in the Vs Series Thread, alongside who you would like to win. (Either "Infinitum" or "Inspectors")
3.) If you voted for the winner, you will receive either the new gangtag or a tag of your choice.
4.) If you voted for the losing team?.. Well.. :rolldice:

:siren: Remember to post Donations + who're you're 'betting' on in the Vs Series thread if you want the gangtag :siren:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Oh, and if you have already bet for a Vampire Hunters gangtag and lost because you believed in Infinitum, you're allowed to repost the same donation and choose a team for the new game. All you suckers who believed Dracula could beat the hunters I trained can try again!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

bovis posted:

Donated $20 to the ActBlue split bail fund

Put me down for Infinitum (Dracula). From a Kiwi to an Aussie I believe in you Infinitum!

Still believe in you Infinitum!!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

If you would like to 'bet' on the match, you will be rewarded with a Vampire Killer gangtag on the provision that you make a charitable donation of at least $10

If I bet and win the bet, do I get a SECOND 'vampire killer' tag? I could start building up a collection! :D

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Mystic Mongol posted:

Oh, and if you have already bet for a Vampire Hunters gangtag and lost because you believed in Infinitum, you're allowed to repost the same donation and choose a team for the new game. All you suckers who believed Dracula could beat the hunters I trained can try again!

Omobono posted:

Screw it, add €50 eurobucks to the pile

Put me in for the "Dracula and the hunters call a truce midway and they save the world in a Pandemic session" longshot.

(actual answer, put me in the Drac column)

In Dracula we I trust.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
https://imgur.com/a/Kxe3mX6

I'm betting on Infinitum. gently caress the police.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Major Isoor posted:

If I bet and win the bet, do I get a SECOND 'vampire killer' tag? I could start building up a collection! :D

Infinitum is asleep, so I can't ask him, buuuuut... sure, why not. Put 'em in a marquee tag so the don't eat up vertical space is my suggestion.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Yes but only in marquee because it's silly

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Andrast posted:

(Punainen Risti is the Finnish Red Cross)

I'm voting for Infinitum. Dracula will crush the hunters.

Would Dracula lose again? That never happens, All in on Infinitum

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

Sub Rosa posted:

Laura Ingalls Wilder — 'Never bet your money on another man's game.'

##vote Infinitum
##vote Infinitum

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Do not fail me a second time, ##Infinitum

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

coward

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
The Infinitum rematch is going live in 0 to 5 minutes!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

megane posted:

Congratulatory donation:

Might as well put this towards the obvious winner, Infinitum!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Alright, double or nothing, let's go Infinitum!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

eeeexcellent! :D

Alright, donation made - let's go Hunters!

https://imgur.com/a/yp5dafp

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Infinitum wins!

For my reward gang tag, please replace my current JOE tag with this one:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I will go through and queue tag changes in the morning! Congrats Infinitum!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Congrats Infinitum!

Since I think we can only have 3 tags could I get my raccoon goons tag replaced with the vampire killers one please? :D

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

So is Infinitum still probbed until Dec 1?