Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Strategic Sage posted:

Yes. Developer Digital Reality was based in Budapest. [...]

Woah.
Didn't they make another space strategy called "Haegemonia" later? That would explain why somehow the ambitious mechanics feel ...familiar despite never having played this game.
Maybe Haegemonia did not have the same scope, but they tried some neat stuff with the hero skills, tech system and space spies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Libluini posted:

Now I'm getting flashbacks to playing Nexus: The Jupiter Incident and having to watch my superior gently caress up massively before we were asked to go in and save his bacon.

Are you implying that Rear Admiral Norton does not posses the most brilliant tactical mind of his generation?

It is a shame that Herpicle's lp of the game kind of died before the end.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Do ships in fleets just passively get repaired over time? Or do you have to use some command or building on your colonies?

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
I love big space ships space bars and cannot lie.

Although i am surprised we already get a flagship. Maybe it is the LP format, but it gets really hard to get a good grip on the power/achievement curve in this game.
In already named games like "Haegemonia" or "Nexus -The Jupiter Incident" with it was a big deal researching/acquiring your big bad battleship. Here it feels somehow early?

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Randalor posted:

Edit: Wait, did I hear the end cutscene right? "Here's a ship that we can't build anymore. It's three times larger than anything in the fleet, and is full of technology that is primitive by even our standards. It's yours now. By the way, we found a race that made the Garthog look like primitives, have fun fighting them kthxbye"?

I think more in terms of "super-prototype that can't be replicated anymore with our current technology" last of its kind.