Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

I'm using ceph at home with 3 hosts each with 5 OSDs and I haven't had any problems with it. I switched over from Gluster maybe nine months ago and haven't looked back - Gluster (and the RH derived product) are on life support anyway so it's not wise to go with it.

I don't have any experience with the options you mentioned however.

What sort of hardware are you on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So for your garage rack folks, what do you do for cooling? It's not like my garage has A/C, and it gets like 90+ with 80+% humidity around here neither of which seems positive for hardware health

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Dunno your budget:

https://store.minisforum.com/products/minisforum-ms-01

The ol' mini PC with an i9, 2x 10gb sfp+ and 3x nvme slots

I wish they'd announced it two weeks earlier or I'd be using it for my updated proxmox cluster

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Twerk from Home posted:

The spec sheet says it's validated with 64GB, and I would be surprised if it doesn't actually accept 2x48GB for 96GB.

It does, servethehome tested it in that configuration

https://www.servethehome.com/minisforum-ms-01-review-the-10gbe-with-pcie-slot-mini-pc-intel/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Omada has a software controller that works fine. I just tossed it on my windows server