Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Goroawase, yes. Basically, each number can be pronounced different ways, so you can map words to numbers. The Wikipedia article has several examples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Blaziken386 posted:

you take that back, bug types are cool and good. they've been perfectly respectable since gen 5!! :mad:

...are you saying that that post... :cool: ...bugged you?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525/~/nintendo-switch-system-updates-and-change-history#v1100

New Switch update will make transferring pictures off of the platform a hell of a lot easier. :v:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Falconier111 posted:

E: oh, not sure I asked this: when I get to the next round of the finals, should I still do the prep work I did for Marnie and Hop or go back to the older style of ignorant flailing?

At this tier, I would expect challengers to do their homework about the people they'll be facing, as much as they're able. It'd be a bit unrealistic for Gloria to not be able to steamroll either of them, and insulting to low-ball them to boot.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Black Robe posted:

Closer to 70 actually. 41 in the Discworld series alone. Realistically I doubt any other human being will ever match him.

gnu terry pratchett

Alan Dean Foster would like a word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Dareon posted:

Oh god oh god I do not know the protocol for referring to a trans person before they were trans at all I am terrified of loving this up

Use the name they chose and their pronouns. You might like Love Lives Here, by Amanda Jetté Knox — she wrote about her experiences as someone whose partner and one of their kids transitioned, and she does an excellent job about discussing all of that.