Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Yeah Morpeko only learns it at a high level because it's actually a powerful move.

Also Hi, finally caught up to the thread! It's been a good story! Here's my league card (code 0000 0005 43RH GX):

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Golux fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I posted my code, but I usually prefer to get cards by trading mons with people or something...

Falconier: I think you're kinda missing out if you're playing this without Online... might see if we can do something about that.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

You can buy digital codes for 3- or 12-month memberships on, like, amazon that you can redeem in the eshop

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Ber.

(Avery's gimmick is referencing psychic moves... Klara's is just being Toxic)

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

That's a lot of update!

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Yeah it takes like a million watts to get the last significant reward and 3.28 million to get the absolute last one... It's honestly kind of a thing to sink your watts into since you can get way too many.

I don't blame you for not wanting to see the ugly bike suits and random people all over everywhere and playing with internet off most of the time, but it's really nice to have the ability to get help.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Roger that, I will assemble my numbers. I already PMed you my friend code which is not needed but might be helpful.

Most of the story stuff in crown tundra is reactions to having caught the mons so you can prolly skip over most of it; the very last (technically postgame) bit might tie into the galar particles stuff but it also doesn't really lead to anything except having more stuff to catch, so it's not that... narrative? I'm sure you could do something interesting storywise with the birds and the regis if you wanted to but it would probably be making up more reasons/stakes for the stuff that happens.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Yeah Mustard Srs Version is pretty cool, and I do like Kubfu and Urshifu a lot.

Dark/Fighting is almost perfect coverage and IIRC they can learn iron head for fairies but there are two other fighting/dark pokemon and one of them is even a bear. Meanwhile, fighting/water is a little better defensively and it's only Poliwrath and Keldeo, who is mythical. Plus, your own opinions on the Dark Side I guess. Also, as the forms suggest, Single Strike's signature move is one big hit while Rapid Strike's hits three times; single strike's is just a tiny bit more powerful in exchange for not being able to break substitutes I guess?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Congrats on making this part seem a little less dumb! Though I'm pretty sure even in the actual game Mustard's mostly loving with you when it comes to forgetting about what Kubfu and Urshifu like to eat.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Falconier111 posted:

The bad news: I was too smart for my own good and ended up recording things in the wrong format and spending a couple hours this afternoon trying to get everything under control. And then realized my fix wouldn't work like 10 minutes ago. This next update is going to be missing a few images, though that the sort of thing you can find in any video of the events in question.

The good news: I just completed my multiplayer exhibition with The Golux! I'll have plenty of screenshots to ladle into the update after the next one. I'd like to invite them to shill any projects they're working on in this space; they've worked to earn it.

It was fun and I'm glad to help!

I suppose I should probably plug Fragments of Silicon which is a podcast I'm on where we interview game developers and talk about video game related topics on wednesdays (9PM Eastern) and sometimes friday (11AM), and review games on sundays (8PM). Also archived on the main host's youtube channel here. I'm not head guy in charge but I do reviews of games we get on switch and participate in interviews and discussion.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

The seizure flashes weren't even Porygon's fault, either, but they couldn't very well ban Pikachu...

Versus Mustard (Serious) is definitely one of the better fights in the game. Honey's a good fight too but I don't mind you not wanting to scrounge up over a million watts to fight her...

If you got the game physically, at least at launch, it came with a code for an item that you can throw into that big busted tower in the wild area and make it spawn a particular mon for you to raid against (possibly multiple times?). In Shield, you got a code for Jangmo-o, the first form of Kommo-o; in Sword, you got a code for Larvitar. That said, you can get other version exclusives by joining other peoples' raids for them sometimes, or by trading.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

It was a good match! I don't do as many battles as I probably should because my prediction is pretty bad (see also me not considering Dynamax cannon when I was trying to take out Ddraig with Clang). Stardust had a flame orb, which burns him after the first turn in battle which activates his Guts, making him stronger on offense... but I just noticed in that battle that he doesn't actually have Facade, which is the other usual part of the combination; instead he has Body Slam to try to inflict paralysis. Togekiss is my favorite pokemon, and McQ is also a very good boy. I tried to show off interesting mons and ones that would make for a fun battle!

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Worth noting that, unlike Avery/Klara, Peony's pokemon are not lower level if you go to the tundra, say, before the first gym. Which you can do.

I think Adventures are much better balanced and more fun than regular raids but they only reach their full potential when you have friends you can communicate with playing with you so you can coordinate strategy, since some of the rental mons work better together than others. Also, I actually kind of like having to work with the wonky movesets on the rentals, gets you to use mons and moves you'd never normally consider. Sucks when you just can't get any mons that aren't weak to the boss and then get schmucked, though, and a couple of the bosses (Kyogre, Zygarde) pretty much require getting one of the five or so rental mons that have Wide Guard.

Oh, some of the legendaries in Adventure are version exclusive, generally box legendaries. Shield gets Lugia, Latias, Kyogre, Palkia, Thundurus, Zekrom, Yveltal, and Lunala, while Sword gets their counterparts... but if you're playing online you'll end up in other-version raids sometimes when you don't ask to go after a particular mon.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Yeah the main reason not to keep the legendary you catch is if you want to try again for a better nature or a shiny (Apparently shiny odds are way better in adventures, I think I saw 1 in 100?).

Also you can totally end up fighting a legendary you already caught, at least if you join someone else's adventure, it just runs away without letting you catch it.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Yeah they really don't want No Guard Fissure Machamps running around, or something.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Ooh, interesting... I was wondering how you were going to do this.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

its head is a bud (Calyx; its japanese name is literally Budrex but they made it fancy in english) but it's also supposed to look like a crown. And it does have power to grow plants and is still grass type if you take it off the horse (though it's a lot weaker then). It also has the power to grow other things - unlike every other pokemon that can dynamax, who have a pink-red aura, when Calyrex dynamaxes it has a blue aura because it's using its own power for it and not borrowing ambient galar radiation.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Good show bringing it full circle!

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

...I may have heard of Glorantha before but not in any significant detail.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Dareon posted:

I'm still annoyed he's got the sticker still stuck on the brim of his hat. Although, if they wanted to convey he's an idiot, there's not a lot of more immediately obvious visual cues. And visual cues seem to be important with Leon's design, given the crown-like pattern on the underside of the brim.

Sticker?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

FoolyCharged posted:

The obvious glorantha stand in is the new farfetched evolution because you do not gently caress with the ducks.

I don't think we saw it much in the lp, though.

Sirfetch'd is sword exclusive, the shield equivalent (regional variation of a mon with an evolution the original doesn't have, and also of the type of the stow-on-side gym leader for that matter) is Corsola, but that's why I traded Falconier a duck with a leek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

The crown thing, or something else? I figured the crown on the top of the brim was an intentional logo. I think it's like image attached?

Or did you mean something else? I guess now that I think about it hats do have round stickers on the top of the brim but I don't think they're usually that big?

Only registered members can see post attachments!