Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i need to reorder some stuff from uptons anything i really should try??!?!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i think you would want to brew the tea as normal for 4-5 min or whatever is appropriate for your flavor tea, and then strain it into the thermos and use the thermos to just keep the brewed and delicious tea hot instead of putting the leaves in the thermos.

I was hesitant about this because I thought it would involve a lot of extra steps and more things to clean, but turns out they sell teapots large enough for my thermos so I really should have just looked for that first. Whoops!

Thanks for the help.

Escape From Noise

Leraika posted:

I was hesitant about this because I thought it would involve a lot of extra steps and more things to clean, but turns out they sell teapots large enough for my thermos so I really should have just looked for that first. Whoops!

Thanks for the help.

Another BYOB success story!

I actually really like rooibos. Some people don't. My mom really likes tulsi.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Leraika posted:

Due to weather and a rather unreasonable amount of my job now being outdoors due to COVID, I have invested in a thermos for the purposes of hot tea for hours.

I have some questions, though!

1) Is there a good way to brew actual tea tea in a thermos without it sitting too long and going bitter? I've been doing herbal tea because you can let it sit forever and it'll still taste decent, but I wouldn't mind alternatives.

2) Are there any gadgets that make brewing loose leaf tea in a thermos not a massive headache? Mine's one of the larger ones.

3) Someone recommend me some herbal teas they like? I've mostly been doing peppermint and Tazo's wild sweet orange but some variety would be nice! The only requirement I've got is that I'm not super fond of blends with cinnamon in them because it's easy for the cinnamon to get overpowering.

1. Any good whole leaf tea will be good, but if you want a tea bag alternative, Prince of Peace Jasmine Organic Green is my go-to

2. Use an open fill teabag or a piece of cheesecloth. Look for tea socks or tea bags made by Finum, I have strong opinions by teabags made from a lot of other vendors

3. I have been enjoying Jiao Gu Lan, which is a caffeine free herbal that is naturally sweet and can be resteeped. There is a saying that drinking it makes you live longer, and people who live in the area where it grows do tend to live longer, so who knows? You can find it sold at places like ImmortaliTEA. I recommend looking for whole leaf Jiao Gu Lan if you can find it.

Escape From Noise

I uh...may or may not have gone to Kobe and dropped 27k yen on tea. I'm so happy to finally have a selection of Chinese and Taiwanese teas again.

Escape From Noise

Got some Yunnan gold leaf brewing and that smell! God! It's been too long!

Escape From Noise

This is absolutely one of my favorite teas and a fantastic way to start the day.

Unsinkabear

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Looks delicious. :swoon:

Escape From Noise

Unsinkabear posted:

Looks delicious. :swoon:

Of you can find some I think it's an A+ tea. Kind of smells like chocolate in a way. Really light. Just a bit astringent. A little sweet. It's like my favorite morning tea.

Escape From Noise

Time for some frozen summit oolong!

Vivian Darkbloom

I got some puerh with Nuo Mi Xiang, an herb with a flavor like sticky rice, and OH MY GOSH it is the most amazing flavor

This is the best tea I've ever had holy poo poo

Vivian Darkbloom fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 8, 2022

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
I just got some boldo tea for the first time recently and I've never tasted anything like it!

poverty goat

Drinking some tea rn

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

poverty goat posted:

Drinking some tea rn

nice

gleebster

Only a howler
Made lots of peppermint tea today. Also, had an idea for a mug: have a teacup painted on the side.
Something like this, but not a hideous paint mock-up:

Finger Prince

I had some of the herbal dried fruits tea that my byob secret Santa got me and it was perfect. I think I've got another pot worth left.

Escape From Noise

Brewing up some Eastern Beauty here in a sec.

Escape From Noise

A little frozen summit oolong to start my day.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i swear yorkshire gold makes me sleepy

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

KitConstantine

I love tea - got really into it after I had to stop drinking coffee.

Adagio teas is a really good place for looseleaf, but my personal favorite is theteahouse.com - I know the guy who operates it and he knows his stuff. He's a wholesaler as well and goes over to tour the actual plantations and everything. All of his tea is super high quality and delicous.

Also I would appreciate if anyone has recommendations for sites that sell nice teaware - traditional pots and teacups specifically :)

Thank You To Pot Smoke Phoenix

Heath

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Taiwan Tea Crafts has some really good stuff. I have a whole set of blue hare's fur glaze stuff from them

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
My mother went to a tea convention in Kansas City and sent me a bunch of different teas from Taiwan, Nepal, and France. There were also Mississippi teas (not a euphemism), but I did not get any of those.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I made a tea business

Unsinkabear

aldantefax posted:

I made a tea business

:allears:

Buttchocks

aldantefax posted:

I made a tea business

Tell us more!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
It is located at https://www.neutral-ground-tea-services.com - basically, it will specialize in tea service and events and then also sell tea itself incidentally in case people wanted to buy some tea coins. All public service will be free of charge, no tips or anything, since I believe that all people should have the opportunity to drink excellent tea (excellent, sincerity, respect, and accessibility are the four cornerstones of the business).

The site is pretty simple and high contrast and with alt-text on most all images in order to ensure that I'm being color-blind and accessibility reader friendly. So far under the actual business banner, I've served tea for 17 people with an online event and am going to do another one for 5 people once I get the new teawares in to send out to people.

I ended up parting ways with the other local tea business in town since I have my own thing going on - no hard feelings with them but I didn't want to stay tangled in their business lines. Public tea service will be 'traveling pop-ups', so wherever I am and bring my tea stuff, I will serve tea. That could be at a coffee shop, a dance studio, a kink studio, a martial arts center, on a paddle board on the lake...You get the idea. Also talking with some other tea businesses to see if I can do a traveling tea residency there and do business knowledge sharing.

It is a good time!

JNCO BILOBA

site looks fantastic! love seeing your journey

Buttchocks

Tonight I am drinking Nepal Tea's Buddha's Potion, a white tea with spices. It's nicely aromatic, but the flavors are a bit too subtle for me. It's...fine. I neither desire this tea nor suffer because of it.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
i served a sample of 2008 bai mu dan that I received from a friend who flew to san antonio for family then went out of his way to come have tea and spend the day with me in person. it was delicious! a hit with others as well. aged white tea is a pretty nice go of it.

i am supposed to get some sticky rice puerh soon and im fired up about it since it tastes really good probably

Escape From Noise

Buttchocks posted:

Tonight I am drinking Nepal Tea's Buddha's Potion, a white tea with spices. It's nicely aromatic, but the flavors are a bit too subtle for me. It's...fine. I neither desire this tea nor suffer because of it.

I like white tea but it's definitely very subtle. I'm surprised the spice doesn't completely overpower it.

Buttchocks

Tonight my cup holds Jing Si Black Oolong from Taiwan. Smooth, pure taste. I like this better than other oolongs I've had.

Dip Viscous

when i woke up about an hour ago and was still in that half asleep state where weird stuff runs through your head i heard 'dream police" except it was "tea police"

now i feel like something bad is going to happen to me if i DON'T do a tea crime, like putting earl grey in the drip coffee maker

gleebster

Only a howler
The Tea Police will put you away somewhere nice and cozy

Buttchocks

Tonight I am drinking a French vanilla black tea. very nice!

Escape From Noise

Having a post getting yelled at for daring to ask for time off after working 11 days in a row with another workday tomorrow rooibos.

Unsinkabear

Today was day one of trying to replace soda consumption at home with tea and water. I had an english breakfast that my partner left here for me. It was delicious, cozy, and relaxing, but I discovered that drinking warm beverages next to an active PC in Florida is a recipe for thinking you have a fever. 7/10

Escape From Noise

Tieguanyin with breakfast and self loathing.

Unsinkabear

Hang in there friend, you have great taste and you're doing better than you think :glomp:

Buttchocks

Tonight is Nepali black tea with black pepper, ginger, black cardamom, and cinnamon leaf. Tastes like black tea. I'm kind of underwhelmed. With those ingredients, I was expecting mouthgasms. It's not bad for black tea though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat

coffee has been making me anxious so I'm back on team tea w/ some assam + milk today