Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

I don't have an active project thread for this but hope it's ok to post this here incase anyone is still around.

I've been working on the Qanon question a fair bit over the last 2-3 years. I published about 6-7 articles, looking at it from different angles and perspectives. One of which was the first to really lay out the network behind it and got 250K views. The last one, which I published in november 2021 and felt really tied all of them together, only got about 20K.

Since then I've basically left it and taken a nice big break, and I don't know about anyone else, but there's nothing like giving yourself time to come back and look at something with fresh eyes. Because on going over the last one again, I'm not actually very happy with the writing. Basically when I first published it I think I was tired, and rushed, and too close to it all. I wanted to tell the whole story, but keep it as brief as possible, and keep the read time under 60 minutes. So I would let one sentence, or even a single hyperlinked word, do the work of a short paragraph. And I was relying on a lot of assumed knowledge. And I think it suffered for it.

But since then I'm more inclined to think gently caress it, if we're going to do it we may as well tell the whole story properly. Give it some space to breathe. So I'm giving it a do over (currently up to the Pizzagate part), and if anyone felt so inclined I'd love to have some input on any of the writing in any of the paragraphs. I'm not looking for discussion of the merits of the argument or the theory, just the prose and the way it all flows and fits together.

"Why the World's Gone Mad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU