Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Just here hating the state and civilization so much that I horseshoe myself into advocating a policy position that de novo necessitates massive state coercion in order to implement genocide for 99.999% of the human race (me & my PNW coast white hippie friends not included).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LittleBlackCloud
Mar 5, 2007
xXI love Plum JuiceXx

DrSunshine posted:

Just here hating the state and civilization so much that I horseshoe myself into advocating a policy position that de novo necessitates massive state coercion in order to implement genocide for 99.999% of the human race (me & my PNW coast white hippie friends not included).

excuse me, this is so disrespectful of indigenous cultures.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

I remember fondly seeing John Zerzan's wikipedia article for the first time and my mind getting blown by all the fundamental things he's against

quote:

Some subjects of his criticism include domestication, language, symbolic thought (such as mathematics and art) and the concept of time.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Imagine looking at this and thinking, "Clearly the only way to stop our wastefulness is to let most humans die"

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Not nearly enough cats.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Rutibex posted:

anarchy implies there will be other people around to deal with. gently caress that if im going primitive im going to an area so remote i wont have to deal with all the bullshit of other humans trying to dominate me and put me into their hierarchies. people are the problem you can't have some stupid rear end "society" without everyone trying to make stupid rear end hierarchies. one person = no hierarchies!

my hero is dick proenneke, walked into the woods with a backpack of wood working tools and build a cabin to escape people forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

i looked this guy up on wikipedia and he sounds pretty sweet. but i also found a link to this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_McCunn

got flown into the alaskan wilderness but failed to arrange for a flight out and died

tbh camping way the gently caress out in the wilderness has always sounded interesting to me but there's like a 90% chance i end up like this guy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Maximo Roboto posted:

I remember fondly seeing John Zerzan's wikipedia article for the first time and my mind getting blown by all the fundamental things he's against

has he tried smashing his head against a rock

edit: it'd be difficult to rally against what he's against if he's still carrying around all of that filthy knowledge

Victory Position has issued a correction as of 22:59 on Oct 28, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aglet56 posted:

i looked this guy up on wikipedia and he sounds pretty sweet. but i also found a link to this guy:

got flown into the alaskan wilderness but failed to arrange for a flight out and died

tbh camping way the gently caress out in the wilderness has always sounded interesting to me but there's like a 90% chance i end up like this guy

quote:

On this trip, he flew in with 500 rolls of film, 1,400 pounds (640 kg) of provisions, two rifles, and a shotgun. Believing he would not need them, he prematurely disposed of five boxes of shotgun shells in the river near his camp.[3]

Although McCunn thought he had arranged for the pilot to return for him in August, he had apparently never confirmed this.[5] In early August, when the expected plane had not arrived, he wrote in his diary, "I think I should have used more foresight about arranging my departure. I'll soon find out.

lol owned

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
The only compelling argument I've heard from anarchist primitivism is from the introduction to Ted Kaczynski's collected works (Technological Slavery: The Collected Writings of Theodore J. Kaczynski), as written by David Skrbina.

He makes an analogy about how humanity has been around for about two million years and equates it to about 50 years. The last three months of this 50 years correspond to how long we've had civilization. Our species is the culmination of millions of years of evolution, yet we train ourselves to exist in civilization by ignoring the first 1,990,000+ years of our existence. A fifty year old is somehow supposed to ignore the first 49 3/4 years of their existence? What have we done in those three months of our fifty years? Nearly killed all life on the planet several times, invented world ending weapons, trashed the environment. We (and our ideologies) are the meteor that struck the world sixty million years ago.

As I said, that's the only compelling argument I've heard from the primitivist camp. I read it from the perspective of a Marxist and equated a lot of the evils and problems to the prevailing social order, which in our case is capitalism.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rutibex posted:

lol owned

his last written words were “The I.D. is me, natch.“

tight

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

the end of battlestar galactica suck rear end

breadnsucc
Jun 1, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the beauty of the plan is that if we do it right, anprims can have what they went when we declare 99% of earth a nature preserve and move everyone else into major population centers

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

breadnsucc posted:

the beauty of the plan is that if we do it right, anprims can have what they went when we declare 99% of earth a nature preserve and move everyone else into major population centers

just like judge dredd

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

Aglet56 posted:

Some guys i knew did this and on the first day while they were fishing besrs got into their camp and staryed eating their food and drinking their beers and they sidnt have a bear gun and they had to just eat what fish they could cstch and sleep on bare ground for a week because they couldnt get the bears to leave lol

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
earth got cucked by humans. sad but true

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

earth got cucked by humans. sad but true

lol

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Reverend Dr posted:

the end of battlestar galactica suck rear end

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Getting in on the ground floor of this mega thread because I do not believe in ladder technology.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The tiger picture is still hilarious and the best thing that anprims have ever given the world.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Getting in on the ground floor of this mega thread because I do not believe in ladder technology.

lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Building a second floor and climbing a tree to get there.

Others hostile, but I have the high ground.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
How do these anprim fellows plan to make clothes? Is spinning wheel too modern technology?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Crumbskull posted:

Some guys i knew did this and on the first day while they were fishing besrs got into their camp and staryed eating their food and drinking their beers and they sidnt have a bear gun and they had to just eat what fish they could cstch and sleep on bare ground for a week because they couldnt get the bears to leave lol

lol rekt

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fish of hemp posted:

How do these anprim fellows plan to make clothes? Is spinning wheel too modern technology?

kill an animal and steal its skin duh

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Hilario Baldness posted:

The only compelling argument I've heard from anarchist primitivism is from the introduction to Ted Kaczynski's collected works (Technological Slavery: The Collected Writings of Theodore J. Kaczynski), as written by David Skrbina.

He makes an analogy about how humanity has been around for about two million years and equates it to about 50 years. The last three months of this 50 years correspond to how long we've had civilization. Our species is the culmination of millions of years of evolution, yet we train ourselves to exist in civilization by ignoring the first 1,990,000+ years of our existence. A fifty year old is somehow supposed to ignore the first 49 3/4 years of their existence? What have we done in those three months of our fifty years? Nearly killed all life on the planet several times, invented world ending weapons, trashed the environment. We (and our ideologies) are the meteor that struck the world sixty million years ago.

As I said, that's the only compelling argument I've heard from the primitivist camp. I read it from the perspective of a Marxist and equated a lot of the evils and problems to the prevailing social order, which in our case is capitalism.

my counterargument to that would be that making GBS threads in a toilet is completely unnatural and yet not only do we do it everyday with zero issue, it is vastly superior to the natural alternative

assuming things are good because they are "natural" is dumb as gently caress basically

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
what about a garbage disposal

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Hilario Baldness posted:

anatomically modern humanity hasn't been around for 2 million years, it's only been around for ~250k years. we didn't train ourselves to exist in civilization, we loving built it. our natural behavior, combined with environmental changes, led to it. arguing that civilization is "unnatural" is nonsense that is predicated on humans somehow existing outside of nature. building civilization is obviously in our nature, because we did it multiple times across multiple epochs.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

babypolis posted:

my counterargument to that would be that making GBS threads in a toilet is completely unnatural and yet not only do we do it everyday with zero issue, it is vastly superior to the natural alternative

assuming things are good because they are "natural" is dumb as gently caress basically

If you think making GBS threads in a western toilet is vastly superior to squattinf over a hole your an idiot op

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Modern western toilet is just a machine for causing hemorrhoids tho

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Crumbskull posted:

If you think making GBS threads in a western toilet is vastly superior to squattinf over a hole your an idiot op

squatting in a hole aint natural either

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71swxdSzY1w

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

what's the anprim viewpoint on the societal construct of language?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Reverend Dr posted:

anprims are all about that objet petit a soooo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Reverend Dr posted:

its bad. language is a tool used to oppress natural instincts and control the people into statism.

we should only communicate by walking around with erections, waving it around like a helicopter depending on what we want to say, and groping our balls and shaking titties

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Xaris posted:

its bad. language is a tool used to oppress natural instincts and control the people into statism.

we should only communicate by walking around with erections, waving it around like a helicopter depending on what we want to say, and groping our balls and shaking titties

please dont insert your symbols into my real

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Electronic voting machines are anprim erasure

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

Xaris posted:

animals can communicate without words, so should we.

you can express hundreds of simple commands through the manipulation of foreskin

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

what about coherent thought, is that off-limits when you're going anprim

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

without a frame of reference, thoughts are just dreams that wander through the empty mind.

people will have beautiful dreams, like having sex with a horse man, but they will never have the tools to enslave themselves to their very erotic idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Eternal Walkabout...

so wait, the anprim goal is that of the lives of the indigenous Australians?