Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

why would we emulate brown people? that's not returning to our roots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Rutibex posted:

anarchy implies there will be other people around to deal with. gently caress that if im going primitive im going to an area so remote i wont have to deal with all the bullshit of other humans trying to dominate me and put me into their hierarchies. people are the problem you can't have some stupid rear end "society" without everyone trying to make stupid rear end hierarchies. one person = no hierarchies!

my hero is dick proenneke, walked into the woods with a backpack of wood working tools and build a cabin to escape people forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

To people asking how this dude survived he had a buddy who was a pilot and would bring him supplies by landing a float plane on the lake every month or so. He lived up there for loving 30 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Proenneke

edit: so he wasn't full on primitivist just "go the gently caress away"ist

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Victory Position posted:

what about coherent thought, is that off-limits when you're going anprim

Empirical analysis should be completely off limits as that is the basis of technological advancement.

I am not sure about a priori intuitions (logic and math), maybe those are acceptable as they can be arrived at on one's own.

But I feel like unless it is a natural instinct that one is born with, it should be off limits; this will surely cause no problems at all.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil
just remembered rewilding retreats and had a bif laff

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Peanut President posted:

To people asking how this dude survived he had a buddy who was a pilot and would bring him supplies by landing a float plane on the lake every month or so. He lived up there for loving 30 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Proenneke

edit: so he wasn't full on primitivist just "go the gently caress away"ist

yeah that absolutely doesnt loving count at all if you're relying on fossfil fuels and modern industrialization to keep you alive in some remote rear end place

its like saying yeah i can live in a hut on the moon, no big deal easy peasy, i just get nasa to ship me up $500 million supplies every week burning gigatons of fuel to airdrop me a packet of skittles and MRE's. society is a sham, why doesnt everyone else follow in my footsteps??????

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I assume people like Derrick Jensen (lovely TERF with daddy issues) are anprims, but what about like Daniel Quinn (Ishmael)? Is telepathic monke anprim?

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Xaris posted:

yeah that absolutely doesnt loving count at all if you're relying on fossfil fuels and modern industrialization to keep you alive in some remote rear end place

its like saying yeah i can live in a hut on the moon, no big deal easy peasy, i just get nasa to ship me up $500 million supplies every week burning gigatons of fuel to airdrop me a packet of skittles and MRE's. society is a sham, why doesnt everyone else follow in my footsteps??????

this is basically thoreau, writing about going back to nature and living the rough life while his friends and family bring him food and do his laundry

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

asdfkjgl;l;;ffgdbcn.kfkyri7/ hvlvb;kds484qauykuhv vf6vch0

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Raine posted:

asdfkjgl;l;;ffgdbcn.kfkyri7/ hvlvb;kds484qauykuhv vf6vch0

:hmmyes:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
love 2 be a rural rugged self-made man living in a cabin built out of pre-cut industrial wood airdropped in while amazon drones come deliver me industrial antibiotics and pasta 200 miles out in the mountains that i cook using propane out and tut tut society for being dumb dumb sheeples. we gotta return back to our roots folks

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

[quote=""Rutibex643981"]]
:hmmyes:
[/quoot

nmbvtyo

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

we should all learn a lesson from matt damon an d grow potatoes in poo poo

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

what the gently caress are you talkng about

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Xaris posted:

I mean I don't think he claimed anything like that, he just wanted to go out and live in the wilderness

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Organic Lube User posted:

I assume people like Derrick Jensen (lovely TERF with daddy issues) are anprims, but what about like Daniel Quinn (Ishmael)? Is telepathic monke anprim?

yes also no

the orangutan is a lot of things

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Humanity self-domestication was a mistake

- God Random universe poo poo

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Victory Position posted:

yes also no

the orangutan is a lot of things

Ook?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

i don't respect dick proenneke so much for figuring out anprim, honestly i think its impossible for a single person to survive alone for long. you get sick or you slip on a wet rock out in the wilds and its all over.

what i respect about proenneke is he is a successful anarchist. he escaped the hierarchy of society, no one tells him what to do. and he did it without dominating anyone else

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ohrwurm posted:

we should all learn a lesson from matt damon an d grow potatoes in poo poo

scienceing the gently caress out of poo poo is anti-anprim. idiotS

we will be hunter gatherers as Gaia intended

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1326875643519373319

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

does Ted Kaczynski count as AnPrim

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Unga bunga

-sent from my fire pit

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

sorry unga, smoke signals are technology

we now have to burn you

Oh no! I have accidently invented cooking! I must repent by burning myself.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

*primal screaming*

weast
Nov 7, 2012

Rutibex posted:

i don't respect dick proenneke so much for figuring out anprim, honestly i think its impossible for a single person to survive alone for long. you get sick or you slip on a wet rock out in the wilds and its all over.

what i respect about proenneke is he is a successful anarchist. he escaped the hierarchy of society, no one tells him what to do. and he did it without dominating anyone else

if successful anarchism is going out into the woods and pretending things don’t exist then i have bad news for anarchism as a whole

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

I've always said that my apocalypse survival plan was to go eat the ice cream before it melts, then cash out. I'd never make it as an anprim anyway.

Of course that's supposing a Hollywood-style sudden total apocalypse and not the slow grinding horror we seem to actually be going for :v:

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

quote is not edit

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

hey thread, finally, without the distractions of modern machines and electronics and without the poison of cultivated, prepared or cooked foods, my mind has expanded beyond the limits of my body. I am making this post by psychically interfacing directly to the cloud.

now with the mental powers and hyper intelligence that the anprim life has provided me I am incredibly bored and just want to play video games. what a paradox

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Raine posted:

*primal screaming*

Marina Abramović rules

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Voice of Labor posted:

hey thread, finally, without the distractions of modern machines and electronics and without the poison of cultivated, prepared or cooked foods, my mind has expanded beyond the limits of my body. I am making this post by psychically interfacing directly to the cloud.

now with the mental powers and hyper intelligence that the anprim life has provided me I am incredibly bored and just want to play video games. what a paradox

“the cloud” is a post industrial atrocity and you have committed a war crime against Mother Gaia. put on the bear suit and get into the hut, infidel

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Eating mushrooms to become a wizard and then making GBS threads myself to death

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Taintrunner posted:

“the cloud” is a post industrial atrocity and you have committed a war crime against Mother Gaia. put on the bear suit and get into the hut, infidel

in principle I agree but shame and struggle sessions are clearly social artifacts born from the misteps of modernity

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

in principle I agree but shame and struggle sessions are clearly social artifacts born from the misteps of modernity

wrong!!! shame has existed for thousands of years, dating back to the nation of westeros

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

scienceing the gently caress out of poo poo is anti-anprim. idiotS

we will be hunter gatherers as Gaia intended

https://streamable.com/he0e4p

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Taintrunner posted:

wrong!!! shame has existed for thousands of years, dating back to the nation of westeros

more lies of progress. if shame were an intuitive concept, chimps wouldn't jack off in public. or at leat they wouldn't after they'd seen how massive my anprim engorged cock is compared to theirs.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

more lies of progress. if shame were an intuitive concept, chimps wouldn't jack off in public. or at leat they wouldn't after they'd seen how massive my anprim engorged cock is compared to theirs.

the very ideal of the public square is a heretical concept from the pre-revitalization era! your commitment to your pathetic old world delusions of grandeur have made you into a deviant! I find you guilty in the court of the Gaia and sentence you to death by tar boiling!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Taintrunner posted:

tar boiling!

look at the hypocrite fireist over here

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

SpudCat posted:

I've always said that my apocalypse survival plan was to go eat the ice cream before it melts, then cash out. I'd never make it as an anprim anyway.

Of course that's supposing a Hollywood-style sudden total apocalypse and not the slow grinding horror we seem to actually be going for :v:

if my medication supply is interrupted my quality of life declines rather precipitously so yeah, my plan for societal collapse is to press the eject button.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

look at the hypocrite fireist over here

I’m gonna burn down your harvest crop if you keep backtalking me!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Taintrunner posted:

I’m gonna burn down your harvest crop if you keep backtalking me!!!

death is the most primeval state and starving is the most primeval means of attaining that state. don't threaten me with a good time