Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mystic Stylez posted:

just right now?

We’re talking whole new levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Can players strike for better medical personell?

https://twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN/status/1323374215463112709?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Players won’t strike for far more egregious poo poo.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://twitter.com/stnap_kcin/status/1323090765426368512?s=20

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lol just lol if you didn't watch last night's game. It was mana from heaven.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Who's ready to see history made tonight? I'm certainly here for it.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

As someone with a chronic condition where there is no financial incentive to get me back on the field let me tell you Doctors can royally gently caress you over without a profit incentive. With one I shudder to loving think.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wandler20 posted:

The most boring game in the history of football?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

really queer Christmas posted:

Lol just lol if you didn't watch last night's game. It was mana from heaven.

perfection

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Looking forward to a classic Brady blowout. And if he sucks then the rest of you can laugh.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
N: Bucs wearing red for the first time this year.

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1323399488225091586?s=1

V: Owns

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This is interesting.

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-lawsuits-football-us-supreme-court-brett-kavanaugh-4a84e13ae1a62d9dfc2ccc89c3756bec

quote:

The Supreme Court said Monday an antitrust challenge can go forward to the way the National Football League sells the rights to telecasts of pro football games.

The league’s 32 teams pool the rights to telecast their games, negotiating packages with the major networks as well as the DirecTV satellite service. The lawsuit was filed by businesses and individuals who say they purchased a package of games from DirecTV. A lower court ruled that the NFL’s contract with DirecTV may limit competition in violation of federal law. The arrangement has been in place for more than 25 years.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
yeah DirecTV is blowing the competition out of the water with these incredible deals

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DeimosRising posted:

This is sick, hosed up thing to say about a person like Randy. What is wrong with you

Randy grew up a Cowboy's fan and it was his dream to play for the team. Jerry even told him that he was going to select him. They drafted Greg Ellis instead with the number 8 and Randy slipped to 21. He never forgave Jerry and loving balled out anytime he played the Cowboys.

Oh what could have been...:smith:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

a neat cape posted:

yeah it's his fault

Listen kid, some quarterbacks are born winners and others are born losers. Herbert is in the loser camp until he proves otherwise.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'll say again this was one of his better throws on the night, creative and almost catchable.

Ignore that the receiver was standing with both feet out of bounds when he attempted the pass, it didn't really matter one way or another.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

at this rate he's gonna beat the Steelers in the super bowl so he has every right to be

He's gonna gently caress it all up by insisting on bring AB in, who will poison that locker room long before the playoffs hth. AB + Arians is an explosion that will definitely happen

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1323405230864818176?s=21

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Grittybeard posted:

I'll say again this was one of his better throws on the night, creative and almost catchable.

Ignore that the receiver was standing with both feet out of bounds when he attempted the pass, it didn't really matter one way or another.

I agree with you, i posted it cause its actually kind of cool and right down the line, even hooking back inbounds. However there being no receiver is a big problem lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

So... send the entire NFC East naturally, the NFC West minus the 49ers who are all dead, and the Bears from the NFC North. Maximum clownball conference.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Coaches everywhere not getting fired because they "made the playoffs", oh and what about contract clauses for players about extra pay for playoffs?

I don't know what I'm talking about but seems like it could be funny.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

*watches an NFC team play* drat i wish they could all go to the playoffs

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Man league really wants the Pats in the playoffs.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

fartknocker posted:

So... send the entire NFC East naturally, the NFC West minus the 49ers who are all dead, and the Bears from the NFC North. Maximum clownball conference.

maybe we would see two teams get eliminated in the same playoff game

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

The athletic has an amazing hit piece on Bill B the GM. My two favorite nuggets:

* The Patriots are interesting in that regard because they rank 32nd in cash spending since 2016, including 29th if we remove the outlier 2020 season, according to execs with access to those figures.

* Linebacker Jamie Collins, selected in 2013, was the last Patriots draft choice to earn Pro Bowl honors.

I mean ~~ kiss the rings ~~ and all but their last few drafts have been clunkers at a minimum.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Half the league being in the playoffs opens up the opportunity for really dumb things to happen so I'm all aboard the plan

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Any chance you can post that article?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

adaz posted:

The athletic has an amazing hit piece on Bill B the GM. My two favorite nuggets:

* The Patriots are interesting in that regard because they rank 32nd in cash spending since 2016, including 29th if we remove the outlier 2020 season, according to execs with access to those figures.

* Linebacker Jamie Collins, selected in 2013, was the last Patriots draft choice to earn Pro Bowl honors.

I mean ~~ kiss the rings ~~ and all but their last few drafts have been clunkers at a minimum.

but but their 3-cone drill times

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
If top-8 make it then so many top teams will dress exhibition squads in their final week(s), and clownball will determine several spots.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Any chance you can post that article?

I would but its against the forum rules. Here's a bit more of an excerpt on their drafts.

quote:

The Patriots have not drafted well enough, and that is the real issue, not the cap or COVID-19 opt-outs.

Spending less on players works for teams with high-performing draft choices on rookie contracts.

“Tell me the last Pro Bowl player they drafted and what year,” an exec said.

Linebacker Jamie Collins, selected in 2013, was the last Patriots draft choice to earn Pro Bowl honors. Dating to Belichick’s arrival in 2000, only the Rams and Raiders have drafted fewer Pro Bowl position players on offense, outside quarterback. The list for New England includes tackle Matt Light (2001), center Dan Koppen (2003), guard Logan Mankins (2005) and Gronkowski (2010). Meanwhile, the New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, Ravens, Steelers and Dallas Cowboys have hit on between 10 and 13 Pro Bowlers at the positions in question (offensive line, receiver, tight end, running back). The average is seven per team.

“One area where there is not enough scrutiny on New England is how poorly they have drafted over the past 10-12 years,” an evaluator said. “Not having Brady for the first time magnifies that. Bill talks about the cap, but their situation is more of an indictment of what they haven’t been able to do in terms of developing their own players.”

Below we rank teams by the number of drafted running backs, receivers, tight ends and offensive linemen named to a Pro Bowl as position players. The Pro Bowl obviously isn’t the ultimate measure for any specific player, but it’s not a bad one for many players spread across many drafts at multiple positions.

Not having Brady also could remove whatever advantage existed in luring veteran free agents, which could further complicate efforts to upgrade the roster (the team did sign Antonio Brown last season and would have paid him million in cash had that arrangement worked out, with Brady’s presence on the roster a key variable).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Super Bowl MVP Nick Mullens

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Get ready for the playoff Browns baby

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Half the league being in the playoffs opens up the opportunity for really dumb things to happen so I'm all aboard the plan

Like a 7-9 Seahawks home playoff win? Nah. gently caress them

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

GD_American posted:

Like a 7-9 Seahawks home playoff win? Nah. gently caress them

Accept the fact that the saints are getting a wildcard game hosted by the nfc east and losing imo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

sharknado slashfic posted:

Get ready for the playoff Browns baby

gently caress yeah goddamn Supabowl all the way

:ohdear:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Accept the fact that the saints are getting a wildcard game hosted by the nfc east and losing imo.

:sickos:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

This year I'm ok with it. I'm just sorry Gayle Benson doesn't have some stupid premature on the field celebration I can mock for it, like her dead meal ticket or Arthur Blank

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

adaz posted:

I would but its against the forum rules. Here's a bit more of an excerpt on their drafts.

If only they could have the draft success of the Cowboys and Dolphins. Alas

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I've gotta see where the Saints are on the defensive side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They’re impossible not to love Fiz.

I just adore this drat dog.