Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captian Nuke
Aug 5, 2012
The invisible timer per scenes is an interesting game play idea since not only dose it prevent you from doing everything or exploring everything in a scene, thus allowing for an easier way of writing differing outcomes based on what you do, but it also creates greater tension in scenes where you obviously don't have much time to act. I also didn't have much of an issue with the game not letting you explore on this ship since, diagetically your character is being held captive by individuals who wouldn't want you to be able to wander all over the ship (also you have already explored this section as another character earlier in he game, which I presume is the point of making you walk through it again). I did laugh when the guy batted the clipboard out of your hand since a) that's sort of what you would expect from a pirate and b) its a bit of a "screw you" to the player for not taking the situation as seriously as the characters would be.

That said I could see this being infuriating for a 100% completion or anyone who expected one of those old point and click adventure games where the purpose was to explore and interact with absolutely everything.

Have you played around with the multiplayer at all? Ive never messed with it but it sounds interesting/potentially annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU