Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Good luck with this cool, goon-adjacent project, Tawd and Tawd's buddy! An ad has been purchased on SA, so this is not unpaid shilling: the forces behind this game have done the Right Thing and worked with TG administration to plan this Officially Sanctioned Thread about this game.

Also congrats on that kickstarter funding more or less instantly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah what I would have liked would be a normal-shaped book so it could go on my bookshelf in a convenient way, and then PDF could be available in either portrait or landscape; or perhaps an landscape-mode artbook could be a stretch goal. If I do get a hardback book, it'll have to sit spine-up on my shelf, which means I can't see the spine/label.

It's not a dealbreaker for me, especially since I'm probably just gonna back at the PDF-only level anyway, but a common pitfall of micro-press/small-production/indie products is special-snowflake decisions by the auteur project lead that, while justified in their minds by artistic considerations, actively make the product less convenient for customers.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, this thread has like two or three points of feedback, while the KS has 661 backers, so really they should go with what the majority seem to want.
I don't mind the idea of a sleeve, I guess a bit like a dust jacket but oriented the other way, though. Might make a nice little stretch goal.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I would suggest retaining extra funding for a post-kickstarter marketing campaign to try to get more copies of the game into game stores. Maybe post-covid or something. Or the company could use extra money to help fund its next project.