Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
I have heard assumptions of like 2/30~32 for Turner. My biggest issue with JT is that I'm worried he'll fall off a cliff and turn into the righty 3B version of Adrian Gonzalez, able to drive it in the gap, but not always fast enough to make it to second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
I mean we just won yesterday, why am I doing this to myself?

Dodgers offseason/FA wishlist: keep the band together as much as possible, though it'll be hard. Also unsure of roster sizes for next year.

Turner: Conflicted. Still can rake, just worried about dropping off a cliff. Would probably be a good almost full time DH candidate should it be here to stay. Wouldn't mind Rios getting more playing time.
McGee: Expendable, most likely. Didn't get to see him all that much this year, seemed to only throw fastballs. Multiple lefties (Gonzalez, Kolarek?, even Wood) seemed to be ahead of him in the pecking order.
Baez: Love/hate relationship. Probably too expensive, go get your (COVID-suppressed) payday. Welcome back for the right price.
Wood: Can he be stretched back into a starter? If so, worth another one year deal if he's not too pricey. Could be useful in the Stripling semi-swingman role, though that seemed to have negative effects on Chicken Strip.
Treinen: Sure, why not. Hopefully not used in quite as high leverage situations as this year if he comes back.
Keeks: Please stay. Just amazing in general, and Madbum is still in the same division. Fingers crossed.
Joc: Oh Joc. I love you Joc. I wish you fit in to the makeup of this team better, but it seems like it's probably time to say goodbye. Sign with an AL team so that you can continue to reign in Joctober.

other random thoughts:

Barnes seems to be personal catcher for the top two in the starting rotation now. Does that mean Smith continuing to DH a lot? Can Mookie keep Barnes hitting? Does this make Keibert somewhat expendable as a really valuable trade chip (also Cartaya is around lol), or do we just carry three catchers next year?

Where does Lux fit into all of this? Can he make the throw from 2nd lol?

Looking forward to seeing Gray and White next year.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

bawfuls posted:

I doubt he gets the same AAV as the deal he's just completed. For what he's going to get who cares if he breaks down in the last year of it?

That's fair, I'm just paranoid that that breakdown is coming in something like 50 games or so. But as long as he's healthy for the postseason, I guess it doesn't matter.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

bawfuls posted:

I expect the Dodgers will work with Will on his framing

his bat is too valuable to give up on him

Oh I don't think they'll give up on him in the slightest, I mean that's why they kept DHing him with Barnes in. It just seems like a logjam of sorts if Barnes indeed stays as a personal catcher. Barnes 96 percentile framing lol.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
read the whole thread last night, to catch up on the offseason all at once. cool.

summary from my dodgers-centric view of the world:

padres looking pretty scary. well, I went to this game as a 10 year old: https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/LAN/LAN199609290.shtml, so glad we can't be swept by them the last three games of the year to lose the division to them

arenado to the cards lol

i should pay more attention to the american league. like, i'm glad rich hill signed with the rays

why are so few teams trying to win?

deadening the ball - teams should be allowed to provide their own balls at home, deadening or juicing it as they wish each game. just give in and make coors field play like the neo-vancouver stadium that you could unlock in triple play 99 - also consider replacing grass with what they make aluminum bats out of for extra bounciness

goodbye pedro baez, you were sneakily incredibly solid, even if you were the slowest... pitcher... ever

goodbye keeks, i always love you for game 5 of the 2017 NLCS, and owning madbum so thoroughly

goodbye joc, i'm glad you get to run free and play every day now, i really hope you learn how to hit lefties quick

hello trevor bauer? man, i was going to UCLA in 2011 when they had both bauer and cole, even though they couldn't get over the hump. so i have a soft spot for him after that ridiculous year. didn't realize what a dick he is. i suppose i've been trying to turn a blind eye to it. i hope he pitches well for my team again, and i hope he learns how not to be a dick. also give kersh your new sticky stuff so he can live forever.

free agents seemed to mostly get screwed again. yay covid.

guillotine the billionaires

I hope the dodgers win again. but at some point you do have to ask, are we the baddies?