Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Here you go

This was the appropriate amount of effort for the gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It would help if he were even an average catcher defensively. But since he's one of the poorest if his bat isn't there he becomes a major question mark for the Yankees. But...who else could you even get this offseason?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You'd think baseball would at least act like they give a single gently caress about the cans.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

IMO the Red Sox's handling of the scandal is far worse than the Astros and they should be getting roasted a lot more. Instead they're just going to be largely forgotten as the Astros take all the bullets. It sucks.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just glad the Dodgers got their ring after all this. This sounds weird but after reflecting a little on it it kind of rights some of the wrongs of the situation. Hell, they should probably win next year too.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh man I forgot about the Urias stuff here. That's a pretty hilariously lack of self awareness, in hindsight.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Luis Castillo looks like a stud - he could certainly be that guy.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I will laugh at the Yankees forever if they don't resign DJ. That would be a momentously stupid decision.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

Dodgers can probably get KB by offering the cubs a low level prospect and a donation to the rudy giuliani election superpac

Please. It'll be a generous donation to the Pence 2024 campaign.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hell yeah, my local team got promoted to High A from Short Season A. I'm looking forward to going to a lot more games in 2022 (because lets be real 2021's gonna be 2020 part 2).

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I was born in Cleveland, but moved when I was 5. One of my few memories of my time living there were the absolutely massive spiders there. If you remember the 2007 ALDS with all those midges, there were constantly swarms of them around my house, which was right on the lake. Spiders had an unlimited supply of midges to eat and they became enormous, like golf-ball-sized bodies, then they loved to show up in the basement where I played and terrify me. Those fuckers could jump too.

So please name them the Spiders.

Okay, gently caress that. I'd get the hell out of Cleveland too!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's kinda jarring to see goons overhype Josh Bell so much. Look at the dude's career WAR - he should probably be a DH at this point.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

euphronius posted:

I remember when “add up the wars” was what we said to make fun of people

cool I'm glad SAS matured a little bit

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Pirates are a cursed franchise so I fully expect this to blow up in their faces.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Chamale posted:

According to BRef, he'll be worth an additional 1.5 WAR as a DH, assuming the rumours are true. Average MLB players don't grow on trees, and he was a fan favourite in Pittsburgh. (There's a 5 run penalty for moving from 1B to DH, but his glove costs 20 runs per season so he comes out ahead)

Exactly. He'd probably be a really good DH, especially if that's the only part of his game he'd need to focus on. I'd expect something similar with Schwarber too.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Not gonna lie, that's the most one sided trade I've seen in a loooooong time.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

The Blake Snell trade was yesterday :v:

But seriously, how long will the work stoppage be and what emerges from the wreckage? You know this is the last year of baseball as we know it so far

I get what you're saying, but this is much, much worse than the Snell deal.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah I don't blame Cubs fans for being irate. I sure as gently caress would be too. This is bullshit - the Cubs should be in the top 5 of payroll every year. Why are they shedding salary?!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just double checked, Astros still 2017 champs. Kiss the ring!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I cannot believe Lindor and Carrasco are valued so lowly.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The HoF voters need to be entirely flushed out and a completely new group needs to be brought it. They've become a joke - a parody of themselves.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

hey guys just came here to say the pirates got more for joe musgrove than the cubs got for yu darvish

lmfao cubs

GA I know this is frustrating to see but it's a solid haul for Musgrove. I wouldn't be too upset by this trade.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Thanks for the championship George - glad you got paid. I have zero expectation for the Astros to resign him but it still sucks to see him go.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man that Quintana trade looks especially bad now.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If the Astros can get Bradley for a couple of years I'd be cool with that. Nothing wrong with a Brantley - Bradley - Tucker outfield at all. It sets us up to compete at least next year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

We're talking about a team that went to the ALCS last year - they aren't that far off.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Which should make it more impressive that they got as far as they did. Hell, they were one win from the World Series! Lets not act like the Astros are garbage or anything.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Curt Schilling is an awful human being but he should 100% be in the Hall of Fame.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Whoa mcmagic watch out you may burn yourself with these hot takes.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I just don't see how the MLB can continue to sustain itself with single digit teams actually giving poo poo at any given time.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

At this point it's 50/50 odds that we don't have a 2022 season.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I look forward to coming together with you all in 2060 on the 30th anniversary of Arenado day.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

dodgers more hated than the astros now

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bawfuls posted:

this is not for you nor I to declare

astros cheated to prevent a dodgers dynasty.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Even as an Astros fan it's kinda lovely that we're going to get basically two seasons of next to no fans for them to get their vitriol thrown at them. Remember when they were being lauded as some kind of vindicated hero for making the ALCS?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hahahaha you as a Twins fan sure as hell remember it.

STAC Goat posted:

I have faith that whenever fans do return there will be a row of drunk Bronx guys lined up with garbage cans to make up for lost time.

I kinda hope they do. Really, I do.

(Dodgers still bigger bad guys tho)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Imagine being so bad that the odds don't even let you say the "So you're saying there's a chance..." meme.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I like how saying the quiet parts out loud is what did him in and not the awful sexual harassments but at least the piece of poo poo is finally gone

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Jarred Kelenic had 21 games in AA in 2019, obviously no games in 2020 (spent it on the split roster though), so it really wouldn't be out of the picture to have him spend time in AAA in normal circumstances. Alas, Mather has sort of screwed the pooch on this one!

I sure hope airing the grievances of the Mariners' best prospect since King Felix was worth it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tony Phillips posted:

Kazmir made me wonder about the longest gap between MLB appearances.

For WWII roster reasons - here's the record holder:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/schrepa01.shtml

I'm confident in saying this is the most untouchable record in MLB history.