Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I think the Jays payroll will go up as well!

lmao Cleveland cutting Brad Hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If they can't even trade Brad Hand the players are about to get turbofucked in free agency.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He's thrown 40 innings in 3 seasons.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/bnicholsonsmith/status/1322237089338064896

He sucked a lot so this is good.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Why don't you want the best pitcher in the league? Cause he's a dipshit on twitter? meh

Its fun to cheer for people you might like versus people you don't like.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

99.999999999% of players are chuds. They just talk about it less than he does. There are way worse people to cheer for than him.

Just cause you need to find reasons to make it ok to cheer for the evil Yankees doesn't mean we all want to find similar ones for our own teams.

My favorite player growing up was Carlos Delgado and since then is Jose Bautista. Neither is a chud and are genuinely good people that do good things but keep pretending who you cheer for doesn't matter.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1325163362863390720

Guess that means Taijuan Walker won't be back since I think the Jays wanted to fill two spots in the rotation, one at the back end and one at the front.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ryu "free agent" Pearson,, ray, collection of 5th starters and minor league arms.

I'm not sure what sorta joke you think I'm making.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That Ray was near the front of the rotation and now they only needed one at the back.

Ya I never said that? Its not like Walker would be a front end rotation starter either. They're both back end guys.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

This is excellent

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Are you ok?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Is he even worth 19 million? He isn't very good and he didn't pitch last year.

Stroman is actually good what the hell

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Twin Cinema posted:

Has any team ever traded away pitchers that went on to place 2nd and 3rd in Cy Young voting the year after?

Other than the Dodgers, of course.

Ryu was never traded though.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

This rules

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Marlins finally found someone who'd take 70% of a GM's salary.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mark Buehrle should be in the HOF

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

lmao Morosi is always full of poo poo, so I expect Theo to sign within days someplace else.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/Brandon_N_Wile/status/1328379183576330240

Welcome to Toronto (Buffalo), Yu.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

elentar posted:

Early days yet but I have hopes that Cohen will go full Ted Turner. League's been overdue a new Ted.

I agree, he should definitely find a way to be the manager.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm pretty sure the Miguel Cabrera trade is worse than any of those.

Not to mention trading Sheffield and stuff for Zeile and Piazza then trading Piazza a week later for a pile of gently caress all.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 20, 2020

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Put in Mark Buehrle you cowards

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

General Bullshit posted:

Still developing that cutter.

But can he still bring the heat?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

IMO Bartolo should come to the Jays if the Mets don't sign him. Then we can add another big sexy lad to our team of chonky boys and trade him to the Mets at the deadline so he can retire as a Met. 2021 would be better with Bartolo playing

As much as I am pro beefy lad on the team, I am very anti beefy dad, so I hope this doesn't happen.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

bewbies posted:

I enjoy watching bartolo pitch from a technical perspective, his mechanics are still incredible and I imagine he can throw the baseball in a coffee cup more times than not

also I want to see a guy who throws nothing but mid-80s fastballs be a passable major league pitcher

Let me tell you about Kyle Hendricks

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

Apparently the Jays fired Mike Wilner. No reason was given. I never found him particularly great at calling games, though I have fond memories of the mid-late 2000s and him yelling at terrible post-game callers.

Rogers doing Rogers things. I didn't particularly care for him calling games one way or the other but he was an unabashed gigantic Jays fan who was smart and mostly thoughtful and he seems crushed.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

It sounds like the Cape Cod League. I don't think they could even pay players because at the point they would be in the league, they would still be 'amateurs'.

Ya this definitely seems better than throwing 145 pitches a game for some rear end in a top hat manager at Rice or wherever.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I am very excited for Travis Shaw to not be a Blue Jay.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Blue Jays apparently trying to trade for Jean Segura for some reaon

The Jays have a boatload of money to spend so every conceivable move will be tied to them at some point.

lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Jays really need to add Kyle to their collection of beefy lads. Although Vlad is seemingly in shape according to his cousin constantly posting Vlad's workout vids.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

What exactly happened to Mazara? I know he just kind of fell off a cliff.

Mazara was always bad. His best season he had an OPS+ of 96.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Pussy Boss posted:

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1335626436472877056

Wheeler is arguably better than any of this year's free agents. Offseason just got a little more interesting.

Hello Ross Atkins go do this thanks.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The current Phillies management debacle makes miss Rube

Thanks Phillies

Are there any base coach openings?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Minor league affiliations being announced today. Lansing Lugnuts no longer with the Jays while Vancouver becomes their high-A affiliate.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/MLBNetwork/status/1336759443296546816

uhhhhh pardon?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ryan Tepera kicks rear end

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Dombrowski rules but I'm not sure how his usual go all out to win the World Series or bust works when the team already is a bust.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Dombrowski is great why would anyone be upset about going from the last two doofuses that ran the Phillies to a guy who's taken 3 different teams to the World Series?

Like its confusing in that he generally does a lot of gambly moves that sells out for a World Series and the Phillies don't necessarily have the things he usually uses to do that, but he's also not a dumb idiot like the last two guys.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

bawfuls posted:

i can not wait for the Dodgers to squeeze another ~50 effective innings out of Brandon Morrow again for peanuts, laughing at the Cubs all the way

https://twitter.com/kengurnick/status/1337543597126631424

It might take 4 years for him to throw 50 more innings.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

4 years at around 10 per seems like way too much but what the hell do I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

There's obviously a budget if they didn't sign Realmuto instead.