Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
The Yankees had better re-sign DJ "DJ" LeMahieu or I will be sad.

EDIT: And trade Gary Sanchez for pitching.

EDIT 2: If anyone will take him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Inspector_666 posted:

People who hate Gary are gonna loving love a full season of Higgy!

It's Romine all over again, I'm honestly impressed with how little anybody learned.

In my head world, we had Romine / Cervelli platooning.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

STAC Goat posted:

I like Sanchez so like I'm presupposed to give him excuses, but I'm definitely of the mind of "who you gonna do better on?" and "that's not a team priority."

Do him and Higashioka again next season and if he loses his job to his backup then he made the decision for you. You're not gonna get something for him trading 2 cents on the dollar.

The big issue with that is they can't seem to stop giving him chances so he'll never lose his job to his backup. Although maybe they playoffs are a sign they will move past that in the regular season, but I have my doubts still.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
If you have one not amazing season, you do not belong in the hall of fame. It's not called the "hall of fame for the six seasons where they won two World Series, and won three Cy Youngs and won a league MVP" for a reason.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

bewbies posted:

is it the racist one

He said it was an Indians hat.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

bawfuls posted:

hello fellow sports nerds

-10 points for not pouting or grabbing crotch, but good effort.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

bawfuls posted:

davecrazy you need a new avatar for this bold new MetsWorld

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

IcePhoenix posted:

Oh that reminds, me. This happened a while ago this offseason but the Twins ended their affiliation with their AAA team in Rochester New York and picked up the St. Paul Saints to be their new AAA affiliate.

I'm actually pretty psyched by this news, I love going to Saints games and now I'll get to see actual almost MLB level players too. Plus if I go early enough in the season I can see all the MLB ready big prospects being held down for service time fuckery working on their defense.

As a Rochestarian I was very sad about this, but then we became the Nationals AAA team, so someday maybe I'll get to go see games again once going to a ballpark isn't possibly fatal.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

Destroy capitalism

:same:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Shiroc posted:

"Our fans have gone a year without being able to go to any games and it may be another half or year more if everything goes well. Surely they will love to come back to the games to see our rosters gutted, their favorites gone, but excited to buy jerseys of Chucklefuck SomeGuy"

"Sure things are tough, but the nation's billionaires have increased their wealth by almost $1 trillion in total net worth since the pandemic shuttered the economy in March, and I think our fans are as proud as can be of this American success story, and are happy to sacrifice their enjoyment of the game to make it possible."

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

100% length is due to them wanting to get below the luxury tax.

Yeah, that deal is a steal in some sense, but in that light treating it like a 4y/90M but avoiding the salary cap luxury tax seems like a good read.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

In "worst person you know makes a good decision" news...

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

GalacticAcid posted:

I like Clint Frazier but he isn’t in the same universe of value as Castillo.

I really like Clint Frazier, I think he will be a good player for a while, I think the Yanks jerked him around a bit, I want him to do well, and boy howdy I would trade him in a heartbeat for Castillo.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Sydin posted:

Late to the Hank Aaron news because this day sucked, now it sucks more. :smith: RIP one of the all time greats.

In cubsposting news, the Cubs signed their first actual, honest to god major league deal of this offseason. They went out and got... a backup catcher. For $1.5M. :confuoot:

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1352657089336897538

That’s a steal for Romine though. I wish him well.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Chamale posted:

Steve Cohen might be going to jail lol :mets:

Read the book Black Edge. Then look up his "punishment".

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

They will not enjoy hurricane season in FL

Yeah, but nobody enjoys any time in Buffalo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Shiroc posted:

Lindor owns and I hope he's a megastar in New York and gets his rings.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Agreed except, he should wait until free agency and sign with my favorite team, instead

If he waits for free agency and signs with my favorite team, both will be true! The best outcome.