Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Rangers declined Kluber’s option

Is Kluber missing next season? Cause turning down an $18 million year for him is....

bawfuls posted:

too late i did it myself but good effort

edit: there was no gap in the previewwwwwwww :argh:

how do I fix this?

You might have had to do both images in bb code instead of uploading one and using bbcode for the other, that's all I've got

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Odd that the preview doesn't show the issue though, which makes me reluctant to do it again because I won't know if it works until after throwing some more money at it

Guess I should pm some people with the double-tall avys and see if that's how they did it.

PM Athanatos he won't charge you since you already paid

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bregor posted:

I, for one, will miss Joe Kelly

Here you go

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eaton slashed .320/.433/.560 against the Astros in the WS last year so I think they're fine with the trade

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin posted:

That the Nats aren't willing to pick up a mere $9M option for Eaton does not bode well for what teams are going to be looking to spend in FA.

Maybe the QO will be bigger than any offer Springer gets :v:

But really, Eaton was terrible this season and is going to be 32

Jim Crane is listed as giving only $25K and it's supposedly bipartisan but I find that hard to believe considering the guy was sued for hiring practices regarding minorities and his company was sued and settled out of court for literal war profiteering

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 28, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:toot:

Can't wait for the fans of whichever team he signs with to become passionate about due process

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hell yeah getting hung up on literally the least objectionable thing about hiring TLR

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

please change the thread title to Tony La Russia

god damnit I didn't even noticed that :lol:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CWS hiring Luhnow as GM and talking Eckstein out of retirement

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMojok posted:

I Found this kid on YouTube called THE GOAT MAN. One of his videos is about how Koufax is one of the most overrated pitchers of all time.

What's this bullshit there's only one true goat man

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Charlie come back to Houston!

He turns 37 in two weeks so it wouldn't surprise me if he retires. Certainly no one will be giving him more than a one or two year deal

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

General Dog posted:

I still don't really see why Houston and Boston bothered firing Hinch and Cora when it was pretty certain they'd be back somewhere else in a year and no one would care by that point.

I mean, I do get it, but I don't see why anybody's bothering putting on airs of integrity here in our nation's Post-Shame Era.

For one thing, are they supposed to tell any potential manager hires they're out the door after a year?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

A .150 hitting catcher is not worth $4.5 million so Zunino I can understand at least. Morton though :(

Charlie had a bad year by traditional stats but it's such a small sample size and he got unlucky (4.74 ERA vs 3.45 FIP) and still had a 9.9 K/9 with a K/BB ratio that was basically identical to 2019 when he finished third for Cy Young

Look at how Charlie sat the Astros the gently caress down in game 7 of the ALCS

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Glasnow seems like a great candidate to get non tendered and sign with the Cardinals then become a hall of famer

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I might switch from the Padres to the Brewers for my NL team now that Braunzo is gonezo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They really did fly right under the radar didn't they

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Considering the way teams are penny pinching so far it was a no brainer even if he weren't always injured

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The fact that the Astros didn't even give Brantley a QO in an offseason where they're losing him and Springer in a thin OF market with no internal options for replacing them is just the cheapest poo poo

Oh god Ryan Braun is going to be an Astro isn't he

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 2, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Do they really think he would take the QO? They must. I'm sure the players are already getting the indication that the owners are going to cry poverty as much as possible during this offseason.

If he does you get another year of him and his steady production, if he doesn't you get a pick

Not offering it is 100% being cheap

Brantley is absolutely worth a year at $19 million, especially since at this point they have no one to play LF and only Myles Straw to play CF (ughhhh)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It'll probably be like it was two years ago when the huge Machado and Harper contracts "disproved" collusion to depress the FA market

Springer and Ozuna get huge deals, everyone else gets hosed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin posted:

I think Bauer is more likely to get a big deal than Ozuna honestly.

Maybe. Well the top of the market players will get their money and everyone else gets screwed, that's probably a better way to say it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oh hey you fixed it, what ended up being the problem

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wasn't there a MOTY fired just a couple of years ago

e: might be thinking of another sport

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lindor is 26

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

he's also a FA in 2022 so unless they're convinced they can sign him to an extension I can see why a lot of teams might not want to go there

Well yeah I assumed an extension went without saying, especially if it's the Yankees

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

People need to stop beefshaming so this kind of thing won't happen

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Talk about a Friday news drop

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The only long term effect on the Red Sox for their own scandal is that ownership used it as an excuse to dump Mookie

Which hell, I guess that's more than enough punishment

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dinosaurs! posted:

I think a big part of that is MLB working to shield their storied franchise while leaving the Astros out to dry.

I think the biggest part of it is the laughability of banging on a trash can

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

To be fair, Betts also got a pass, and there was plenty of "Thank god for Julio Urias" stuff in these very threads

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ok I get it, I know no one wants to see what Aubrey Huff has to say

But this is an all timer. Laugh with me

https://twitter.com/aubrey_huff/status/1325094678060888065

STAC Goat posted:

Man, I know we have a gentlepersons' agreement not to post Aubrey Huff's twitter but he's having a real one today.

:hfive:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

2010 wasn't such a great year Spo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

saying "I know no-one wants to see this but I'm posting it anyway" just makes you sound like a tremendous rear end in a top hat

I'm sorry but if you can't enjoy someone in the throes of maximum cope saying Qanon was actually a dem conspiracy I don't even know what to say

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: Actually I'll just defer to GA on this one

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 8, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Dodgers got Mookie on the cheap so the Red Sox paid their penance to them

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1325287203224903680

whoopsiedoozle wonder how that might have happened

p sure we decided it was no big deal and/or mlb's fault and not the dodgers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There are several people in the picture attached to that tweet who, while they don't have the masks over their mouths and noses, at least have masks they could theoretically be wearing when not taking a group photo. And the one guy they know for a fact has covid isn't one of them

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: this was supposed to be a joke about proximity to fame but it might come across as something else so I'm removing it

Intruder fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 8, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/1325835661824430081

Please come back Uncle Mike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

But at least he didn't pimp a homerun or something

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm hearing tony la russa was reinsdorf's second choice after attempting to hire lou brown from major league before finding out that he was fictional and the actor who played him is dead

poo poo, really? :smith:

Shouldn't have been listening to the game from his hospital bed

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 10, 2020