Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Based on how things have been going in the USA covid-wise, I don't think it's possible we're going to have a full season schedule with full stadiums by the time April rolls around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

DurosKlav posted:

Countdown until he alienates his first player.

It's gonna be Tim Anderson

Man, I was actually enjoying the White Sox for a while there too.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sitting next to Hawk for so many years has rotted his brain.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Strelok604 posted:

The absolute universality of everyone agreeing that the Tony La Russa move is dumb as poo poo is hilarious

Hiring Tony La Russa is the dumbest managerial move the White Sox have made since they fired Tony La Russa.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Javy finally got a gold glove :toot:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

He was detained on a 72-hour mental health hold, which they won't do unless there is concrete evidence that he will hurt himself or others. Then they released him early from that hold. Gotta love the American mental healthcare system.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Spoeank posted:

Bawfuls the Dodgers can go to the White House :unsmith:

Yeah but now they can't do what Almora did

https://twitter.com/VanHicklestein/status/880138310785609728

The second-best thing Almora has ever done, after taking second on a sac fly in game 7.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

LOLOLOL godamn we need a drunk TLR smilie around here

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dinosaurs! posted:

La Russa driving around the north side next spring doing “Cubbies, come out to plaaaayyy”

Wrigley is conveniently located right next to Boystown, which would turn TLR to dust if he tried driving through it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bip Roberts posted:

It might be impossible to win a cy young out of colorado.

Ubaldo Jimenez came in 3rd in 2010. I don't know if any other Colorado pitchers came that close.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm still extremely pissed at Tommy Lasorda for turning his son's death into yet another forgotten statistic of the AIDS epidemic. What a waste.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Vote for Aramis you cowards

He has a higher career OPS than Harold Baines!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/thekapman/status/1328745004538408961

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

lol my day just got weird

I heard you say "holy poo poo" in the other room and when I asked what it was, you said "I can't tell you." :mad:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

George Brett is also famously known for being unable to play in the World Series because of hemorrhoids. Dude's just got butt problems.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Those employees better all still get rings

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

That story made me wonder what Ugueth Urbina is up to and apparently he was released from prison 8 years ago. :stare:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

GoatSeeGuy posted:

So do we get a taco again for this or what?

I think that's only on a successful steal

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bewbies posted:

also I want to see a guy who throws nothing but mid-80s fastballs be a passable major league pitcher
I had a friend in high school who made it to AAA in the Royals system as a pitcher. He was a submariner and his nickname was "Disco Hayes" because his pitches never got out of the 70s. He actually had a very popular MLB blog for a while because he was super into sabermetrics right as the whole Moneyball thing started. In high school, I knew him much more for being the star of the chess team rather than the baseball team. He pitched with JA Happ at Northwestern and graduated with a computer science degree before heading to the minors.

Shiroc posted:

I remember Bartolo the hot young rookie for the Indians and him still pitching effectively decades later is a delight that I think we're owed after the last few years.

I remember being super impressed with him still being able to throw triple-digit fastballs in the 7th inning as a rookie.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

I hope we can do another Chicagoon outting to a Dogs game next year. That was a lot of fun and they put on a good show.

Good times :allears:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Aw man I liked Len for his dad jokes and intricate knowledge of progressive rock.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

one man booth with coomer

Ron Coomer eating an Italian beef sandwich ASMR

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Splint Chesthair posted:

Editing my 2016 World Series Blu-ray to end with “NOTE: The Chicago Cubs died on their way back to their home planet.”

Still worth it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Ozzie Guillen told me that homophobic slurs are actually terms of endearment in Latino culture so Thom will fit right in.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Vizquel is a member of the Hispanic Heritage Baseball Museum Hall of Fame and the Cleveland Indians Hall of Fame :eng101:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I was born in Cleveland, but moved when I was 5. One of my few memories of my time living there were the absolutely massive spiders there. If you remember the 2007 ALDS with all those midges, there were constantly swarms of them around my house, which was right on the lake. Spiders had an unlimited supply of midges to eat and they became enormous, like golf-ball-sized bodies, then they loved to show up in the basement where I played and terrify me. Those fuckers could jump too.

So please name them the Spiders.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Cleveland Grovers

Presented by Disney

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Cleveland Guardian sounds like a newspaper

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Looking forward to Bauer going full puppetmaster when he finally does get caught and punished.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Always cool when you gaslight your partner into believing they're paranoid and mentally ill. :thumbsup:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Chamale posted:

That's why I don't like fantasy baseball, so many stupid weightings and it's usually just adding up numbers to see who won.

Large sample sizes and fewer traumatic injuries are why I've won my fantasy baseball league several times, but never won football. Only playing 12-13 regular season games and being one play away from your 1st-round pick being out for the season at any moment makes fantasy football infuriating.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

the best fantasy sports league i did was a "millen league" that basically reversed points and was tweaked for the shittiest players, the draft where people were taking jimmy clausen #1 was great, and late-season bills-browns games had championship implications

Those are great because you need to have lovely players, but they can't be so lovely that they don't get starts.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

uggy posted:

Is terminal fan brain rooting for bad players to mediocre players cause you don’t recognize that they’re bad to mediocre

Josh bell is bad to mediocre

And yet he's still been one of the best Pirates over the past few years, so it's understandable why their fans are pissed.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

hoping to have a baseball oaf reunion

Count me in

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

If this is accurate, I'm glad to see young players getting paid and teams not using the terrible Albies contract as a precedent to stiff them.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

This is my favorite Jeff Kent moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIQGWY0woy0

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/NBCSCubs/status/1351019978863079428

It wouldn't be a Cubs offseason if they didn't pick up a guy who was good several years ago.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1351336523258425344

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I can't decide if sending someone a naked picture of a penis is more scandalous than sending someone a clothed picture of a penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

Max Muncy Appreciation Zone

"Go get it out of the ocean" will make me always appreciate Max Muncy.