Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

One odd fact was the big ESPN owners political expense report today had the highest-spending ricketts as laura donating to dem candidates, but that makes me question how they are compiling that because the ricketts family is the literal funding arm of the trump campaign and I'm sure there's gazillions of sicko dark money that they couldn't report on.

E: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30155186/election-2020-political-donation-history-wealthy-sports-owners

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if the cubs are going to what they've been telegraphing and just stop spending money and being competitive for the foreseeable future i would like them to blow some money on keeping Big Rizz around even if he ages and stinks and can't move anymore because it is cool to have him on the team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

has Manfred discussed whether pitchers are going to be able to use the Damp Rag in 2021?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Anyone else feel like the sox are using the threat of la russa to dampen criticism when they hire cpatain can bang?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It seems to me at least that more media and even some mainstream media has become more labor-friendly in sports, although a baseball strike will also go right into the culture war woodchipper.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

had to be done, the white sox were too likable IMO

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Because we live in the worst world, the sox will win in 2021 despite him and we'll have to hear about what a genius he is.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1321938314589556737?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

please change the thread title to Tony La Russia

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the only people in baseball i hate more than tony larussa are the people who own my favorite team

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PLEASE DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING ABOUT TEAMS DECLINING OPTIONS ON PLAYERS NAMED "HAPP" UNLESS THE SPECIFY IT IS JA HAPP, RHP, NEW YORK YANKEES THANK YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

disappointed neither of them started a disgruntled twitter account called @fired4cans

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MLBBruceLevine/status/1322316240036220928?s=20

in case anyone is interested this pitcher does not throw to first, not a lot of people know that, joe

thanks for the world series though

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if lester wants to come back on a one-year deal i'm fine with it, he's a shell of his former self and can't get anyone out unless the ump gives him an extra inch on the corners, but the cubs have said they are not spending any money so they won't be able to replace him with a better pitcher so it's either Lester or some AAAA org guy who didn't win a World Series.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

To keep Cubsposting, they were talking about trading Willson to save some money. He really improved his framing this year, and with his bat and arm I think he might be one of the more valuable Cubs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Timby posted:

Contreras was known to be on the trading block last offseason (and Bryant was very nearly shipped to the Phillies at the same time), but I imagine the Cubs are going to hold onto him because there's a non-zero chance that Bryant is traded, Rizzo walks and they need Bote and Caratini to take over third and first base full-time. Contreras has also, as you said, really improved as a receiver; a few years ago, Lester and I think Darvish absolutely refused to have him catch them and they were perfectly comfortable with him this year.

i'm pretty sure Caratini caught all of Yu's starts.

e: full-time first baseman Victor Caratini is so insane that even I can't fathom it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lester could retire from pitching and come back as a Designated Bunter

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

working on my new SAS MLB Thread theory One Billion Cubsposts

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tired: Playoff Gershaw

wire: Playoff Glasnow

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

There will probably never be a bonzanza of talent available as cheap as it will be this offseason and all a team needs to do is spend a normal amount on payroll or they can gut their teams and save $5 million on luxury tax.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1323408689357901824?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rick renteria seems like a really good dude and i hope he stops getting owned all the time for trying to manage baseball teams

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Wasn't there a MOTY fired just a couple of years ago

e: might be thinking of another sport

dwane casey won coach of the year of the raptors and got fired a couple years ago,

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bawfuls posted:

hello fellow sports nerds

those hats are much better than the atrociously ugly cubs hats from 2016 and now i'm livid that we didn't get a little bear wearing the world series trophy as a crown

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at the timing

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am announcing today that i did Cans but i only banged them recreationally

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't believe the loving ricketts family made them go back, knowing that they're eating poo poo right now is enjoyable for me

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thinking about how much money the ricketts family spent this year to get owned by the miami marlins and joe biden

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what can you say, the man just loves to get hammed up and drive around

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tony la russa arrested for banging empties

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the white sox admit they were aware that tony la russa is tony la russa before hiring tony la russa

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm hearing tony la russa was reinsdorf's second choice after attempting to hire lou brown from major league before finding out that he was fictional and the actor who played him is dead

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lol
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1326237087084011524?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

TLR is going to drunkenly save the white sox from themselves.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

congrats to jose abreu, a cool dude who won an mvp in literally one three-game series against the cubs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm hearing that tony la russa cannot wait to raise a glass in celebration of the MVP

e: https://twitter.com/officialBBWAA/status/1327037490176299010?s=20

WHO THE gently caress VOTED FOR RYAN TEPERA???????

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 13, 2020

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

apparently the guy who voted for Tepera was St. Louis Post-Dispatch writer Rick Hummel and he voted for him by accident because he clicked on the wrong name on a drop-down menu.
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/how-cubs-reliever-ryan-tepera-got-mvp-vote

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

He could move to 2B and also has played some 3B in the KBO with success and scouts say he's got the arm for it. Ha-seong sounds like just a really good IF defender in general, loving get him and figure out his position later.

the cubs are going to bring in Dan Uggla to play second if he's available on a Veteran's Minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004