Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lumpy posted:

The Yankees had better re-sign DJ "DJ" LeMahieu or I will be sad.

EDIT: And trade Gary Sanchez for pitching.

EDIT 2: If anyone will take him.

Gary legit might get non tendered...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

GalacticAcid posted:

Sánchez needs to continue the Yankees-to-Pirates catching tradition

Sanchez will probably play really well at his next stop.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Well Played Mauer posted:

Yankees priorities, by Assistant Vice President of Baseball General Management Operations, Bathroom Cleanliness, and Microwaves Well Played Mauer:

Sign DJLM.
Sign Realmuto. Between DJ, JA Happ, and JT, we can corner the market on two letter first name players.
Keep Gary around. If he looks great in spring training, trade him for an SP rental you have a decent chance of extending. If he sucks, well, that’s why you have Realmuto and Higashioka.
Sign Bauer but make him wear one of those gimp masks so he can’t talk to anyone.
Go get Stroman or Quintana I dunno man it’s just money.

I don’t know which of these are serious and which aren’t anymore.

They aren't going to pay Realmuto or Bauer. They are already talking about how much money they are losing this season. Wouldn't you rather have Tanaka back then Quintana or Stroman? They are both pretty meh IMO.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/nypmetro/status/1321592614509039617

LOL. This would be pretty funny if BdB kills the Mets sale and everyone around here hates him even more.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Der Meister posted:

Never seen the word hizzoner used before and I find it extremely annoying. Is that used commonly or just in this rag?

Also lolmets

It's the NY post so they hate him for dumb reasons rather than the smart reasons everyone sane hates him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dusty seemed to work for the Astros and he's a billion years old. I guess i'm just so tired of these puppet managers who just listen to what the analytics dept and FO says that I can't poo poo on this as much as I thought.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Yea, La Russa is a shithead.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Brad Hand did get owned against the Yankees alot. Maybe that is why they cut him.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1321893585046962183

LOL

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 29, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Troxartas posted:

I'm pretty sure a lot of those were converted down for the shortened season, but Happ didn't reach it

Edit: Yeah they did https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/07/mlb-mlbpa-reach-deal-on-vesting-options-roster-bonuses-other-issues.html

He didn't reach it because they manipulated his starts so he didn't. Shady AF.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

:chefkiss:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

glad to see the Mets toxic ownership about to be replaced by a hopefully-not-quite-as-toxic one

all of our FAs are gone with the possible exception of Stroman

I think they'll buy Ramos out for $1.5M rather than giving him $10M for his age-34 season, and I assume Betances is going to invoke his player option for $6.8M rather than test the market

we really, really need pitching so I'd expect Cohen to make a strong effort towards retaining Stroman and probably also go after a high-upside FA like Walker or Paxton (please not Bauer though)

Why don't you want the best pitcher in the league? Cause he's a dipshit on twitter? meh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Bauer is clubhouse cancer too but nobody wants to talk about that for some reason.

I don't think this is true.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Its fun to cheer for people you might like versus people you don't like.

99.999999999% of players are chuds. They just talk about it less than he does. There are way worse people to cheer for than him.

GalacticAcid posted:

He is not the best pitcher in the league lol. I’m not gonna argue with you but we can revisit that claim after this season.
He was this year.

Strasburgs UCL posted:

Bauer has had one full season with an ERA under 4 and is a big enough rear end in a top hat that he has been traded in part because of it more than once. He also has all these crazy ideas about starting every game on one less day of rest and doing a one year contract every year. Just absolutely loaded with red flags.

Teams should love his 1 year deal thing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

deGrom was better than Bauer in every way that's not based on a .215 BABIP

Yeah I think this is a fine point. So he was the 2nd best pitcher in the league. He's still a guy you should want on your team. Especially on a 1 year deal. It's a no brainer.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1322663521662853120

loving yuck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I know this is a huge shock but the Indians are shopping Lindor officially

Idiot Yankee fans want to trade for Lindor and let DJLM walk.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

This is the only way I wouldn't be livid if DJ walked.

Why do you want the lesser player?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Poor Brodie.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

The market is going to be poo poo this year so yeah, taking almost $19 mil is probably a good idea

Is he even worth 19 million? He isn't very good and he didn't pitch last year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1326906416037302278

This doesn't make much sense. If they are going for a D first catcher, Higgy seems fine for that role.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 12, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I've been down on Jeter for a while but he should be congratulated for this. I hope she wins.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DJLM is only asking for 5x100 and the Yankees haven't signed him yet? loving bullshit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sucks. No chance at HOF now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

davecrazy posted:

If the Mets sign DJ I’ll inject the Chud Yankee fan talk radio/Twitter tears directly into my veins.

gently caress off with this.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Mets are probably thrilled they don't have to pay him this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/ragazzoreport/status/1329472051116208129

For the love of God loving sign him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

I mean, if they acquire Lindor then it’s fine to let him walk. To let him walk without a plan would be pretty bad

The idea of giving up a ton of assets for Lindor who isn't even as good as DJ is and who you can have for just cash would be monumentally stupid.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I hated the extra inning rule way less than I thought I would and 7 inning DH's are good... The main thing they have to get rid of is the expanded playoffs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

blossommirage posted:

I can't imagine we see expansion soon. I'd be fine if they made the wild card game into a best of three, but other than that, expanded playoffs are gross. Hell, even the Brewers hated it.

Expansion? They should be contracting teams.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Is it just me or is the Stanton trade too high on this list at #2? The rest of the top-5 are:

1) The most infamous transaction in baseball history
3) Inner circle Hall of Famer and franchise icon (though past his peak)
4) Inner circle Hall of Famer before his peak
5) Inner circle Hall of Famer before his peak

Actually #3 is too high as well imo

https://twitter.com/nickgroke/status/1329825469642932224

Paywalled.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Stanton being the 2nd worst trade of all time is hilariously stupid. They dumped a really bad contract.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL Michael Kay is on the MLB network saying the Yankees should try to turn Chapman into a starter and i'm 100% here for it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I love that Mike Mussina who has a pretty similar HOF resume to Schilling, got in which just makes it 100% clear that Schilling isn't in only because he's a piece of poo poo and having nothing to do with baseball.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Rays get worse!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tanaka is going to get screwed in this FA market. Doubt he even gets 10 per.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/bensbiz/status/1333430244112523271

As a lifelong Thunder fan, this really sucks rear end!

It's better than what the alternative would have been after the Yankees left........ I actually like the Somerset move since there is now a Yankees AA team 10 mins from my front door!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

It irrationally bothers me that the Yankees now have a Patriots affiliate.

This is a real issue.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Can we trade this for getting rid of the expanded playoffs?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1334202123152728068

Not that this is surprising. Would like to see him get right.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

The notion that the Yankees were gonna non-tender Sanchez was really a weird angle for NY sports talk these last couple of weeks.

Depends on how much you believe their annoying cries of poverty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/RealMichaelKay/status/1334301507186024448
Well this makes no sense.