Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I think Turner will get the Friedman special: minimal years at a high AAV. Something like the Rich Hill deal.

I'd be happy to see Enrique and Treinen be brought back, but I wouldn't bet on it. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say JT will be the only outgoing FA to re-sign.

An as-is super deep team coupled with the current economic landscape would seem to spell a very quiet offseason for the Dodgers. A JT deal, a few under-the-radar signings and trades...maaaybe an extension for Corey? I am not expecting much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Unfortunate turn of events for a really cool up-and-coming team :smith:

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

my friend, no!

https://twitter.com/BR_MLB/status/1321902411313606656

between the league-wide excuses to slash spending and now this, Puig may have played his last game in MLB

Yikes

This would explain why he was even more radioactive than usual this year

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Not great timing with my recent avatar purchase :I

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

gently caress yeah

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

oh yeah that reminds me, my father told me this week "you were right about the World Series." A father & son acquaintance of his attended and they both caught the 'rona. He was pushing for us to go and I was adamant it was a bad idea since he is old and the games were obviously going to be full of drunk yelling maskless people.

but...but it was outside???!!!?

that sucks dude. glad you and your pops stayed home

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
This sure is an offseason

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Not too pumped to face Snell on a regular basis for the foreseeable future.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Padres fans, are those slapdick prospects?

Mejia came over from the (team as of now still named the) Indians as a blue chip prospect in the Brad Hand trade, but hasn't really done much. Probably a "change of scenery" guy. Patino, Wilcox and Hunt are numbers 3, 7 and 14, respectively, in the Padres system, and Patino is number 22 overall (both from the MLB list). Hard not to have faith in the Rays' scouting department, but then again they did kind of get raked over the coals the last time they traded with Preller.

In any case, massive get for the Padres.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 28, 2020

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
So what's the deal with somebody like Liam Hendriks (and most likely Brad Hand) getting multi-year contracts instead of having been picked up on waivers for less? Was this a misread of the market? Collusion amongst teams to let players pass through waivers and further depress salaries? Both? It still doesn't make sense to me.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 17, 2021

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

This makes it even more :mets:.

lol if you think he actually sent stock footage dick pics and this isn't just some hilarious legalese to cover his rear end (or should i say dick)

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

In much lighter news, one of the most joyful and delightful Dodgers to watch in recent years is headed to Boston.

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1352782633718194179

I hope he's appreciated there.

Dude deserves a lot of love and appreciation for the ~~~intangible energy~~~ he brought to the club, to say nothing of the positional versatility and clutch postseason moments. In a lot of ways, he was the spirit animal of the Friedman-era Dodgers, especially as having been part of the Dee Gordon trade that helped kick off the core group's run of success.

I am going to miss him a lot and it will be very strange to not have him around! But I am glad that he will (seemingly) have the opportunity to make even more of a name for himself as an everyday player.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 23, 2021

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

sounds like the union is wising up a bit

Does this increase the chances of a strike?

Please just go on strike, imo

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
^^^ Some might also prefer that he did?

This just feels like not-news news meant to put pressure on the Dodgers

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Shouldn't have drank the Arenado-to-LA wishful thinking Kool-Aid

Seems like JT re-signing is a near inevitability but I"ll begin the Edwin Rios, Starting Third Baseman rationalization process (which honestly does have some intrigue) just in case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I guess there's no universe where Friedman doesn't at least offer that deal. Plus the Padres are fairly terrifying now.

That's pretty much all I got and this still feels gross.