Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30155186/election-2020-political-donation-history-wealthy-sports-owners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Intruder posted:

Jim Crane is listed as giving only $25K and it's supposedly bipartisan but I find that hard to believe considering the guy was sued for hiring practices regarding minorities and his company was sued and settled out of court for literal war profiteering

I just assumed it was someone besides him who wrote out a check in his name for purely the business optics of being able to say that he donates to both parties.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Bawfuls, just donate to some Covid aid group or something in Turner’s name.

I still have a monthly donation setup to RAINN thanks to Aroldis Chapman...

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Popete posted:

So long minor leagues, I guess the NCAA will be the new player development path.

So should I go ahead and start buying the Biscuits and Trash Panda merchandise I want?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

So is bawfuls trying to destroy every bit of good will about his team winning the WS this year? Lol

Edit: This is from the last few pages, but I mostly just get to lurk these days because 2020 sucks, but thankfully my anxiety/depression meds keep it in check! :cheers:

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 31, 2020

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Curt Schilling is a gigantic piece of poo poo so if he gets in, then yeah, definitely gently caress the BBWAA. Just burn the Hall down and start over.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Goon speed, Beefy Lad! and gently caress the Ricketts.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Strasburgs UCL posted:

Nats beat reporters have said the Nats are preparing as if they won't have a DH this year. They just don't value outfield defense all that much. Its pretty consistent with how they have operated under Rizzo. Both Adam Lind and Matt Adams played left field (albeit only a few times) when they were here!

Schwarber has one year as a less than average hitter, which was last year's weird pandemic season. He has put up 9.5 fWAR up to this point in his career. He is the definition of solid contributor. He's pretty one dimensional sure, but that one dimension is launching magnum dongs off right handed pitching. If you're only good at one thing that's a pretty useful thing to be good at.

I will always love Schwarber - I actually have the 2016 WS patch jersey of his, and whenever it's ultimately safe, I'm going to wear it with pride to Cubs Spring Training games while also holding a giant sign that says TRUMP, but as an abbreviation for "The Ricketts Use Money Poorly", and just "gently caress the Ricketts" on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

It'd be interesting to see someone do an analysis on how much spread potential there is from players (of any sport, really), and how vaccinating them compares against using those vaccines on the general public.

Also, just to add, while the evidence is growing, there still is not definitive proof that someone being vaccinated is incapable of asymptomatic spread. So you could vaccinate the players, and they may live to play another day, but could wipe out a children's hospital during a publicity tour. :colbert: