Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

dean was a very good boy

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

xcheopis posted:

Axolotls also welcome.

ash passed for some mysterious reason earlier this month, but was very pretty

oryx before all the colour drained from their skin.

i have no idea what pronoun to use for oryx because at one point they had gonads that i thought looked male but they went away?

aaaaaand here's dolly!

not my pet as of yet, but will be here for at least a few more weeks.

Heather Papps

hello friend

axolotl update: felt so bad about letting dolly get ahold of oryx that i bought some steak for him. usually i just feed him worms but after being pulled outta the water and bit dude deserves some high class meals

Heather Papps

hello friend

xcheopis posted:

Your (water) dog wants steak

I like axolotls. They tend to be very popular denizens of biology departments.

i may be completely off base here but i am pretty sure axolotls are one of the only animals to be functionally extinct in the wild BUT incredibly common in research and as pets.

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUT5rEU6pqM
I never really knew that she could dance like this

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu7dhYPqyR0
dolly claimed this garbage bag and was going nuts but as soon as i started recording she got self conscious and then heard a bird outside.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am gonna get a harness and take dolly out for walks when the weather turns thank you this thread for inspiring me to be a better pet owner

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am also trying to capture the cat i have seen wandering streets. if i have one cat i may as well have two.

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxdvBbrAegE

Heather Papps

hello friend

i like that their faces are different

Heather Papps

hello friend

i hate taking pictures and i'm pretty sure i hosed up some settings or something. is there a good taking pictures of pets app anyone can recommend?

Heather Papps

hello friend

xcheopis posted:

It's true that I find using video easiest, especially when trying to take pictures of kittens, who follow Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle in their own adorable fluffy way. Other than that, it's lighting and luck and lots of practice. You'll get a lot of not-so-great pictures and then one or two really great ones and it's all worth it.

i will try this. i did wonder if we've reached the point in data storage where someone instead of taking pictures could instead just film the entirety of i don't know a wedding, then go through and pick nice moments. i feel like you'd getter shots this way than even having a talented shutter photographer?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Shifty Nipples posted:

your subject in that picture is backlit so that made kitty dark and shadowy looking

yes but the chunky weirdness around the legs and fur seem overly chunky and weird, to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Areola Grande posted:

posting phone pics from the awful app is hecka easy once u know how. lmk hp

i still have it on my phone but i can't post threads so i always just use firefox mobile thing to do posting away from my rig. hate posting away from my rig tho