Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS

It’s Lulu!

And Rokit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS

:hmmyes:

GATOS Y VATOS

Lulu is almost 12 1/2 years old. she’s an indoor cat who likes pets and food and sleep. she has gone outside a few times but overall prefers a warm blanket.

Lulu was from a litter with 3 other siblings, all of which and the mother were all orange tabbies.

she came home with me with her brother Dexter. he was a big adventure cat who loved car rides and meeting people. I would take him for walks.

unfortunately Dexter passed a few months before their 7th birthday. he had a heart condition and Lulu and I were very sad.

I decided a few months later to get Lulu a pal, so little Rokitanksy J MacReady came home from the SPCA (you can call him Rokit)

he got bigger pretty quick

he’s an intense boy

unfortunately Lulu and Rokit don’t really like each other. but I love them both very much.

GATOS Y VATOS

Yeah I really miss him still.

GATOS Y VATOS

before i had Lulu and Dexter I had Pachinko! she was a dilute calico who we are mostly sure had Norwegian Forest Cat blood. she was hilarious and super super loving and would jump up on my shoulder when I would get home from work. she would go into screaming murderous rages exploding into a Tasmanian devil spinning ball of razors whenever she would see another cat though.

edit: there was a thread years ago in PI about her, but I can't find it as search doesn't seem to be working for the Archives.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 4, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS

Pachinko liked lettuce

she was beautiful and I still miss her

GATOS Y VATOS

I will always post my pets, by the way.

GATOS Y VATOS

Rokit likes to go into serious snoozes

GATOS Y VATOS

Not my pets but just be aware that this Buddhist priest posts himself having breakfast with his cats every day.

https://twitter.com/nasu_chourakuji/status/1324124149338394624?s=21

GATOS Y VATOS

Definitely take your time, Xcheopis. I still get a bit misty when I post pictures of Dexter and Pachinko and they've been gone for years. It takes a while sometimes.

GATOS Y VATOS

Here’s a maneke Neko that has extra strength for the luck and love that we all need right now.

GATOS Y VATOS

Sid Vicious posted:

Got me one fine sous chef this evening

eeeeheeheehee :kimchi:

GATOS Y VATOS

these are all incredible pets

GATOS Y VATOS

I came into the bedroom and Rokit was napping on one of my shirts :3:

GATOS Y VATOS

birbs are v v good

GATOS Y VATOS

GATOS Y VATOS

doggies :3:

GATOS Y VATOS

:unsmith:

GATOS Y VATOS

Thanks for continuing to share you are pets. I'm full of anxiety and it helps to see them

GATOS Y VATOS

Rokit wanted second dinner

Lulu makes a good belly warmer

GATOS Y VATOS

cross posting from yospos cat thread:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

hey if you want hyper cute cat art I highly recommend following this artist on Twitter where they draw munchkin cats doing things

https://twitter.com/mofu_sand/status/1332669689764347906?s=21

GATOS Y VATOS

good av material

https://twitter.com/mofu_sand/status/1315288844585975809?s=21

GATOS Y VATOS

this thread has a whole lot of good pets and people

GATOS Y VATOS

GATOS Y VATOS

Another crosspost and really really relevant to this thread

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

omg

my friend Tasha takes long walks and today she decided to take a different route than normal. at one point she heard kitten meows, and when she went to investigate, this brave fuzzball came walking right towards her

Tasha fosters cats and finds them homes, so jackpot! meet Gravy. Gravy’s mom was too skittish and hid away from Tasha l, so she came back with a trap. no success today but she’s going to bring food every day to the area and try the trap again next weekend (it’s going to rain in her area and she didn’t want to risk trapping the mom and have her stuck in the cold). the mom is named Biscuit, btw.

no pics on her cat IG but you can follow that one anyway for future updates at adventuresincatladyland

GATOS Y VATOS

she made an Instagram account for Gravy if you want to follow their progress

GATOS Y VATOS

I'm really glad I have my cats.

GATOS Y VATOS

(slow heavy metal music plays in background)

GATOS Y VATOS

LF was full of interesting times, both good and bad. but lots of good people came out of it :3:

GATOS Y VATOS

sorry I forgot the pet picture.

GATOS Y VATOS

Yeah she was just cleaning herself after rolling around on the floor and I called her name and she looked up, so you got it exactly :)

GATOS Y VATOS

Aww Smudge :shobon:

GATOS Y VATOS

:prepop:

GATOS Y VATOS

xcheopis posted:

:sigh:
Today I threw out Tanuki's favourite cardboard scratcher. My plan for today is to stay in bed and cry a lot.

I'm so sorry Xcheopis. I totally understand- I still have some of Dexter's things that I haven't been able to take out and he's been gone for coming up on 6 years next month. I also have one or two things of Pachinko's and she's been gone over 12 years now.

GATOS Y VATOS

Lulu loves her instant udon bed

GATOS Y VATOS

Today is the 6th anniversary of when I got Dexter's diagnosis of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I gave him the best few more weeks of his life I hope.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GATOS Y VATOS

Crosspostin' to wish you all a wonderful Christmas

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Hark - an angel comes to bring you good tidings! Hope you all have a great holiday

Christmas Angel by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

GATOS Y VATOS

Crossposting- maybe it would be relative to your interests

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Well my favorite sappy manga, Uncle and Cat (Ojisama to Neko), has been made into a TV Drama mini series in Japan! It's the story of an "ugly" cat who has been sitting in a pet store unsold for a year who has lost all hope until a widower comes in and buys him since his late wife always spoke of wanting a cat someday. It's a real tearjerker of happiness and I'm a huge sucker for such things. Since the cat, Fukumaru, is very stylized and has a lot of expression and internal monologue in the manga, they've decided to use puppetry for him in the drama.

I hope that this can somehow be available in the states eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS132-98euk

GATOS Y VATOS

also:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS

Ojisama to Neko is now available for free with ads- I used Private Internet Access VPN to watch it (Express VPN is blocked). No subtitles, but extremely good vibes. I think this is going to be 3 parts, shown once a week.

https://tver.jp/corner/f0065011