Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

All of the other forums have threads for pet pictures and I will not have it said that BYOB refused to look at adorable animals and coo over them.

1. Please be kind
2. Some people, myself, for example, have phobias around certain species. Be aware and be kind!
3. It's a cute pet pictures thread but if you need advice on the best cat bed in town or what type of treats are best for small rodents, that's fine! Ask away; SA is a place of expertise.
4. Post!

Greggy 1984-1989

Kiku-san 1988-2003

Tanuki 2003-2020

Hypatia 2003-2013

Smudge ????-2017 (15-17, maybe)

We had all sorts of pets when I was growing up. Reptiles, amphibians, rodents, birds, fish, cats, and dogs. Hamsters are so dang cute! But I turned out to be a cat lady and that's that.

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Gross Dude posted:

Look at all those baby kitties!!

These are my baby puppies, Daisy and Teddy:

I do hope you booped them snoots!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

xcheopis

FutonForensic posted:

there are 2 kinds of cats:

1. margo

2. lambert

You have two kinds of cats: :3: and :kimchi:

xcheopis

Sid Vicious posted:

This is Panda and Odin, the little one is Odin lol, I'll try and get some pictures of the cats later there is 5 now.

Of course the little one is Odin, who else would he be? :D

How Wonderful! posted:

My pet lobster, King Francis

Rockin' the lobster look. A "rock lobster", if you will.

xcheopis

Heather Papps posted:

dean was a very good boy

Floppy ears!

Axolotls also welcome.

xcheopis

Heather Papps posted:

ash passed for some mysterious reason earlier this month, but was very pretty

oryx before all the colour drained from their skin.

i have no idea what pronoun to use for oryx because at one point they had gonads that i thought looked male but they went away?

aaaaaand here's dolly!

not my pet as of yet, but will be here for at least a few more weeks.

They are such chill creatures.

Dolly is darling

xcheopis

Plant MONSTER. posted:

they're birds

Um, those look like dinosaurs to me. :colbert:

xcheopis

Little curled up paws do me in, every time. So friggin' cute!

xcheopis

prepuce repurposed posted:

I think Bosco and I finally beat the fleas :sweatdrop:

Good!
I started using Cheristin on my cats and found it to be most efficacious. Recommended by my vet when Advantage wasn't helping enough.

xcheopis

he wants me to steal it but doesn't trust me

Macnult posted:

milo ran off with a sock and i found him staring at it like it was going to move

Mighty (cute) hunter!

xcheopis

have u ever woke up at 4 am to spray urself down with Repel yet again? I have!

:shepicide:

Are you also putting insecticide in the vacuum bag to keep the eggs from hatching?

xcheopis

Stoner Sloth posted:

more importantly i love this thread and all of the pets posted herein!!!

e: maybe we could sticky it and crosslink pets posted in the welcome thread?

that way there would be a BYOB resource of good pets to look at + would honor the memory of the very good cat who inspired the thread

I would love crossposts because people post pets in the Welcome thread and then the thread moves on. I like the various pet-dedicated ones because they don't move as fast and there's less chat between pics (chat about pets is good, of course).

xcheopis

Heather Papps posted:

axolotl update: felt so bad about letting dolly get ahold of oryx that i bought some steak for him. usually i just feed him worms but after being pulled outta the water and bit dude deserves some high class meals

Your (water) dog wants steak

I like axolotls. They tend to be very popular denizens of biology departments.

xcheopis

Heather Papps posted:

i may be completely off base here but i am pretty sure axolotls are one of the only animals to be functionally extinct in the wild BUT incredibly common in research and as pets.

I believe that's true; been a lot of development in their habitats.
An axolotl is currently featured in the webtoon Castle Swimmer, which seems to have sparked some interest in the little beasts.

xcheopis

Sid Vicious posted:

This is Ginny she is home in a big three story mansion now she is wonderful. I bet my wife regrets asking if I wanted to come in the pet store lol

She needs friends!

xcheopis

Sid Vicious posted:

She's getting some she was all alone that's why I took her home :3

! !! !!!

xcheopis

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Before I got Pesto and Mayo, I had Banane. Banane was the best budgie ever and was very much a people-birdy.

Do budgies sleep on shoulders?

Chrs posted:

daisy today on Halloween

daisy when she came back from the vets high as gently caress

daisy going to sleep on my leg

What a great catte! Love the Halloween shot; perfect lighting.

xcheopis

sk posted:

the latest news on Tuna:

also, this is Callie! we stayed at a cabin for the weekend at the beginning of october and she was there when we arrived. she belongs to the neighbors but she was allowed to go into the cabin and hang out if we wanted! (we did)

Please keep us updated on Tuna antics, especially any toe curling.
Wandering cats who will just hang out are great. The ones in my current neighborhood are very shy. :(

Dangerous Minority posted:

Y'all have some real A+ critters :3:

Here's Alice in her invisible blanket

Horrible monster kitty Norah

And Wesker dressed up for his first Halloween

Fantastic family!
aaaaaa little curled up paws!!!

xcheopis

Stoner Sloth posted:

so many adorable pets; wesker looks so happy!! :3:

also thanks to al for stickying the thread!!

xcheopis

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Depends on the budgie, some might be apt to catch a quick nap on a beloved human's shoulder. They should do their main sleep in a dark, quiet and secluded area, like a covered cage, though. I wouldn't want my birds to sleep outside their cages for various reasons but mostly because they are very squishable.

My budgies catch naps either on their play-tree or in the bathroom on the shower rod.

Conures, a different kind of parrot are more apt to snuggle with you to sleep as they sleep huddled together.

Thanks!
Last year, I started reading a webtoon about owning budgies but the artist decided doing "what if they were human and also in high school" was a fantastic idea and I bailed.

Sid Vicious posted:

Okay everyone here is Tonka Bean on the way home to meet Ginger and they will be best friends and watch how I met your mother and stuff together

eeeeeeeeeeee!

xcheopis

Lotron posted:

this is allen lumpagus

What a handsome orange floof!

xcheopis

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

oh whoops there is already a thread about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0e_Vdw8VKw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrPajlIsKd0

xcheopis

I still have a half baggie of that brand left.

xcheopis

Sid Vicious posted:

He's still growing he just donates it to shelters instead of selling, check him out on Patreon under the title Montana Catdrug Cartel!

:cheeky:
Yes, I'm a supporter.

xcheopis

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Lot of cool pets ITT.

Here are mine:

This beautiful old lady is getting her teef cleaned tomorrow

This jerk is my best buddy:

Last but not least, hide your squirrels and rabbits from this lady because she has murder in her heart

Aw, they are so cute! How old are they?

Bingo Bango posted:

More of the lobster costume, this time featuring the dear late Davey. He was not a fan of it.

With his friend laughing at him, too, poor fellow

xcheopis

Lotron posted:

look at all the different color dolgs C:

Sid Vicious posted:

"dad she's climbing on me and she's not even scared!"

:kimchi:

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Big dogs are both four and a half, little dog is probably around 10 or 12, she was a stray that we took in so no idea on her actual age.

Thank you for caring about stray doggie.

Pretty good stealth mode for a black cat!
(My phone is small)

xcheopis

ChubbyChecker posted:

such great pets!

:hai:

xcheopis

Sid Vicious posted:

Good morning from miss Tonka Bean

Adorable! I take it she has settled in well?

xcheopis

Plant MONSTER. posted:

blurry shot because he doesn't like cameras but here is Pesto juxtapositioned w/ an effigy

Does Pesto perch on Bizarro-Pesto?

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

It’s Lulu!

And Rokit!

OMG, local celebrities posting in my pet thread!

Sid Vicious posted:

They literally instantly snuggled up and became best friends and they are both so social with Mr and my wife and son already. Daughter is a little too rough with stuff for now lol

Awesome. Cute little rat pals, palling around and having adventures in the garden with the bees and the ladybugs!

xcheopis

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Lulu looks like she takes no bullshit and does NOT suffer fools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6MyFtF_ciE

xcheopis

The best land koi.

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Lulu is almost 12 1/2 years old. she’s an indoor cat who likes pets and food and sleep. she has gone outside a few times but overall prefers a warm blanket.

Lulu was from a litter with 3 other siblings, all of which and the mother were all orange tabbies.

she came home with me with her brother Dexter. he was a big adventure cat who loved car rides and meeting people. I would take him for walks.

unfortunately Dexter passed a few months before their 7th birthday. he had a heart condition and Lulu and I were very sad.

I decided a few months later to get Lulu a pal, so little Rokitanksy J MacReady came home from the SPCA (you can call him Rokit)

he got bigger pretty quick

he’s an intense boy

unfortunately Lulu and Rokit don’t really like each other. but I love them both very much.

Rokit and Lulu adventures!
Dexter's last adventure was bittersweet

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I will always post my pets, by the way.

Thank you for your service. :)

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Rokit likes to go into serious snoozes

Needs to work on his dangle form. Maybe stretch a bit, first.

xcheopis

Well, I went looking for any pictures of Greggy that might have been scanned and saved but instead just found folder after folder of Hypatia+Tanuki kitten pictures and videos and, after yet another session of weeping, have decided to wait a bit before doing more searching. (I think I'm almost past the "wailing, sprinkling of ashes in the hair, and rending of sackcloth garments" stage)

Might do a Greggy bio at some point. His story does end sadly and too soon but he was the catalyst for me converting from "ha ha yeah man cats are cute and weird" into full-blown crazy-cat lady.

xcheopis

Thanks for the support; it's been so very hard.
Yeah, I'm still not over Hypatia and she died seven years ago, the silly beast.

xcheopis

Probably not, no. I'm just flailing about emotionally right now. :sigh:

Watching a Lucky & Toaster scuffle on YouTube to brighten my day. Those two are criminally adorable.

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Here’s a maneke Neko that has extra strength for the luck and love that we all need right now.

That cat can open your oven and run off with the turkey.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Hell, my dogs are alive and I get misty just thinking about the fact that someday they won’t be.

I had a nightmare a few months ago that I was walking with Tarkus and we came upon a bridge. Below the bridge there were some animals and before I could stop him, Tarkus jumped down on them. I heard the crunch of him hitting the ground in my dream and bolted awake. Thankfully he was snoring at the foot of the bed as usual. Losing a pet sucks and I hope you are doing well with coping.

E: for happy, here’s a picture of Ellie taking all the beds

Ellie: Bishop of Beds, Master of All She Surveys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Sid Vicious posted:

Got me one fine sous chef this evening

That is so cute!