Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

YeahTubaMike posted:

(crossposted from PI) Every once in a while, Sully chills out at the same time that I'm holding my phone.

hey I think I remember you from LF days? v. cool cat

here is my only pet george germaine, aka GG aka Geej.

he is a gulf coast box turtle and he is older than me. he was fully grown in the early 90s when he was rescued and we got him in like 2015. so he's probably 45-50 but he could be older. he's a grumpy old man who knows when his food dish is coming but will try to climb the glass in his enclosure to get it, fully missing the fact that I'm putting it in 6 inches away from him. ten minutes later I have to pick him up and point him at his food so his dumbass will find it before he forgets

a couple years ago he scraped some skin off of his tail, which also houses his penis and butthole. we took him to a vet that does exotics (because everything but a dog or cat is exotics apparently) and they said it's probably fine he just has old man skin

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

YeahTubaMike posted:

yeeeeeesssss back when i was a little baby leftist :3: i'm grown up now and even leftist-er than before

nice, same :respek: welcome to byob, remember to Post!

more falafel please

forums poster

cruft posted:

Oh, and nuthatches.

mods please ban this alt account of known byob criminal Terry

more falafel please

forums poster

was going through some pictures and found this one of George Germaine absolutely failing to get in or out of his water, whichever he was trying to do

roast this old dumb idiot turtle

more falafel please

forums poster

Achtane posted:

Chilling with my friends toitles

ayyyy those look a little like my old man George germaine

he's a gulf coast box turtle and hes at least 50 or so and the only thing he likes about humans is that the food comes from there

more falafel please

forums poster

hello post your pets thread, this is not my pet but he's a good boy

this is my friend Joe's dog, Joe the dog. his name was already Joe before Joe adopted him. he was found at a construction site in Qatar with a missing leg and eventually my friend Joe adopted him. he will also answer to "pariah" but that is a mean name

more falafel please

forums poster

Joe the dog got in a fight with a crawfish today and decided it wasn't worth it

more falafel please

forums poster

also my friend Dave decided that "the" is short for Theodore. Joseph Theodore Dog

more falafel please

forums poster

it's possible I posted this before but enjoy George Germaine aka geej being a complete doofus

more falafel please

forums poster

god i love dino comics. it completely pegs me as a specific age range of geriatric millenial but i've been reading it every day for like 15 years

more falafel please

forums poster

I didn't take a picture of it but my box turtle George "Geej" Germain got his doofy rear end stuck in his water thing. I put food down for him and he wasn't getting up to get it, he was just all head in his shell looking sad. so I went to pick him up and I could lift the whole water thing by his shell. I think he just wedged his shell in there good, when I gave him a little twist he popped right out and then he was as spry as a 50-something year old box turtle can get

i think he had just resigned himself to death

more falafel please

forums poster

i come bearing some sad news. george germain aka geegee aka geej the gulf coast box turtle is no longer with us.

you may recall that he was a grumpy old man when we got him, and that was 6 or 7 years ago. our best guess is that he was around 60, which is pretty much the maximum lifespan of these little dudes. he had been kinda sluggish for a while and just before we left for the weekend he had not eaten the food we left out for him. i got him to eat a little bit but he was clearly having trouble just moving close enough to the dish, and the color in his eyes had gone. so we had a pretty good idea that it was the end.

a friend of ours is going to do witchy stuff with his bones, and hopefully lacquer his shell so we can keep it.

more falafel please

forums poster

Farecoal posted:

My brother's cat

when you don't realize you have the camera flipped

more falafel please

forums poster

attn areola grande:

https://twitter.com/paperbeatstweet/status/1678868564315607045?s=20

more falafel please

forums poster

Areola Grande posted:

:rip: doctor dogballs :cripes:

??? what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

ah no worries. seemed like a weird choice of thread to announce that forums poster doctor dogballs was posting with the angels now