Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
One thing is also that many decorative items and some sect items like a gate or cultivation cushions do not unlock until you reach certain Reputation thresholds, 500 and then 2000. Your reputation also determines how strong raids on your sect will be so you don't want to rush it unless you're ready to handle these.

Have you seen this guide? Looking over it quickly it might cover the slower and more fundamental system explanations you are looking for, the only downside is that it uses ASCII to try and draw blueprint diagrams and they're very hard to read. However you should be able to find screenshots in other guides to help with that I am sure.

One other thing that might be helpful for you is to download a set of basic blueprints off of the Steam Workshop. An important little workaround or bug, is that you can place down a blueprint with something you don't know how to make yet and still build it. This is particularly good for the cultivation altar which you can learn when visiting the Kunlun sect, as it's a long trip at the start of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

My go to when I was grinding this game hard was to just rush the 2k reputation and counter the raids by keeping 5 metal chariot guys permanently on hand in the base. I would just rush them to primordial spirit with no real care for their GC grade, I'd do the bare minimum of feeding them medicines and using the optimal season so they didn't have completely dumpstered qi, but overall you don't need them to be very strong to defeat a 2k rep monster raid.

You can always rebirth them later, and some of them might even get some spirits you can use before that.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Yes I agree that as an experienced player who understands the systems the reputation increase is fairly easy to manage, but if you're starting off and learning how everything works it's probably a good idea to take it slower.

Fortunately the spirit dog is a pretty good protector for a long time when you're starting out.

Also probably you will want to restart a few times once you better understand how to improve your characters and get your sect off of the ground faster.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

FuzzySlippers posted:

I feel like the guides I'm looking at for this game have a missing step. I have some people with bedrooms, crafting areas, plenty of food, weapons, etc. We've crafted about one of everything. The OP helper guy hosed off and my people are training but still can't handle all the roaming animals on my map. However, now everyone is getting pretty sad and complaining about how boring and dirty everything is. Unfortunately the only decorative thing I can build is a couple of lamps. All the guides seem to go from "getting basic started" to "here's all this complicated poo poo about feng shui" like I can't build anything to even start figuring out feng shui. There doesn't seem to be a research table or anything. What do I do?

You start with an item called Forming Pill that will instantly fill the foundation of one person. This lets you promote them into a Cultivator, who is immune to the roaming animals and can explore the world map. Adventuring at nearby locations can net you food and basic resources to get your sect rolling. When the Ruins of Taiyi map location becomes available, you can camp>enter the location for large stacks of building materials that will help you expand your base.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
After tried to lift a buncha boxes and decomposed corpse loot a liiiiil too close to the Giant White Dickhead of a Magic Tiger on my map the Advice Cultivator dude got wrecked and dropped his spear and tablet artifact so those are mine now

One of my dudes was in like a coma for several days but is back up and running he's just covered in scars.

Deffo gonna form him as he is obsessed with battle and I want him to have his revenge

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Some news about ACS2:

The game is a first person Single Character RPG with equal amount of content for building your own sect brick-by-brick. However, both can become optional if you decided to join some powerful sect as an elder and skip all the chores.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jan 4, 2022

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Wat.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
But can you join a powerful sect as an elder as part of an elaborate heist to betray them and steal all their stuff? That's the real Cultivation Simulator.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Some news about ACS2:

The game is a first person RPG with equal amount of content for building your own sect brick-by-brick. However, both can become optional if you decided to join some powerful sect as an elder and skip all the chores.

I'm gonna guess that first person RPG was the game they always wanted ACS to be but they didn't have the resources/skills to pull off, and now ACS made them enough money and reputation that they can spend the time and hire people with the skills to pull it off.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Nyaa posted:

Some news about ACS2:

The game is a first person RPG with equal amount of content for building your own sect brick-by-brick. However, both can become optional if you decided to join some powerful sect as an elder and skip all the chores.

Maybe it'll be like mountainblade with cultivation!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm guessing by 'first person' they mean 'single character' RPG, right?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Drakes posted:

Maybe it'll be like mountainblade with cultivation!

I am not sure about the whole turn into "single character RPG" as I feel it is distancing from what made ACS unique, but that sounds pretty awesome.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Double Plus Undead posted:

But can you join a powerful sect as an elder as part of an elaborate heist to betray them and steal all their stuff? That's the real Cultivation Simulator.

meng hao simulator

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Hellioning posted:

I'm guessing by 'first person' they mean 'single character' RPG, right?
Right, I knew something was off with my translation. :ignorance:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Hopefully the simulation is mostly the same but they just wanted to narrow the focus down closer to a personal level, which I think is probably a logical next step if they intentionally chose to not just rehash ACS1 with prettier graphics (I would have been fine with ACS1 with prettier graphics)

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I’m a little cynical because I don’t think I’ve seen a single cultivation RPG that wasn’t awful and bad so far. I played a bunch of Tale of Immortal after it got the English patch and it’s trash garbage.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The Dev put up an English Ver of the dev log I mentioned.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

ACS is half story generator half extremely weird engine optimization and I kind of doubt that that could carry those over to a more rpg focus, but I also didn't think xanxia rimworld would work so what do I know. The dev log is pretty sparse on details on how it'd work

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I just got this off steam's lunar new year sale and boy do I have no loving clue what I'm doing but the huge nerd for Chinese mysticism and storytelling in me sure is loving figuring things out.

Is there a good current list of useful QoL mods to use? I'm not doing any for a bit while I just learn the basic mechanics but it'd be nice to know what elements I can simplify in time.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

sexpig by night posted:

I just got this off steam's lunar new year sale and boy do I have no loving clue what I'm doing but the huge nerd for Chinese mysticism and storytelling in me sure is loving figuring things out.

Is there a good current list of useful QoL mods to use? I'm not doing any for a bit while I just learn the basic mechanics but it'd be nice to know what elements I can simplify in time.

Elysium (auto-cultivate) is considered essential. It switches your inner disciples from meditation to leisure activities when they hit a certain mood threshold

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
How the hell do you beat the flood dragon? Every tip and guide I have read so far boils down to "get about 3-5 primordial spirits at half-mil qi"; I have 8, all in a formation, I get it down to about 50% every time and then all my cultivators instantly drop from "110% formation stability" to "stone cold dead" for reasons I cannot even begin to fathom. Apparently it has an attack that uses your pillars artifact qi against the formation? If that's the case then do I go and make a new artifact out of a material with much less qi in it? All my dudes are using holy stone spears, tier 11 at the lowest. If I need a better formation then does anyone have any good examples? I really, really do not want to go digging through a bunch of discords and youtube videos just to find that information.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Those guides are awful for first time players.

Most of the guides are.

Just to make sure, you got their weapon elements to be the one the dragon is weak to, right? And do you know the basics of a formation elemental boosts?

The only other thing you need to know is what is written in the in game guide for them.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Third World Reagan posted:

Just to make sure, you got their weapon elements to be the one the dragon is weak to, right? And do you know the basics of a formation elemental boosts?

Yeah they're all earth, specifically Holy Stone. That's my main concern; like should I just make artifacts for my pillar out of Brownstone or something instead? Holy Stone seems to hold a lot of Qi and if I am understanding this correctly countercharge takes the sum total of your artifacts max Qi and turns it into raw damage. Like, my dudes just pop instantly and that's the only reason I can think of.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yep, that is one of the issues with the fight. The dragon turns your max qi weapons against you iirc.

So you need a weapon with lower max qi or you raise a sunflower person who has low weapon max qi.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 5, 2022

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Yeah they're all earth, specifically Holy Stone. That's my main concern; like should I just make artifacts for my pillar out of Brownstone or something instead? Holy Stone seems to hold a lot of Qi and if I am understanding this correctly countercharge takes the sum total of your artifacts max Qi and turns it into raw damage. Like, my dudes just pop instantly and that's the only reason I can think of.

An artifact having a lot of qi is actually bad because of the way artifact combat shakes out. An artifact gets its qi from the user and it's qi is treated as the artifact's hitpoints, with any overflow damage being ignored. It's better to have low-qi fast artifacts because that maximizes the amount of damage that overflows and vanishes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Although that is true about the weapon, the other important part here with the flood dragon is under counter charge.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
The "marked unit" part explains a lot; so its just grabbing anyone from the formation and going to town with them, not just the pillar?

Thanks for all this, I understood the gist of how it was working but finding any source that elaborated on it was a real pain.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There are two more pages of info under secret for this dragon. But you largely know most of it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Also do not forget about the in game message board that may have good info on it.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
For the flood dragon it does not. It's a lot of people being similarly confused and then a few people saying just use a body cultivator. At least last time I checked a few months ago.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The dev is looking for oversea Gaming Publishing Partner, and hiring Community Manager.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

sexpig by night posted:

I'm not doing any for a bit while I just learn the basic mechanics but it'd be nice to know what elements I can simplify in time.

Oh you poor, innocent child disciple. You have no idea how many "basic" mechanics there are!

I recommend Ic0n's video's. He has suggestions on mods as well.

Ic0n's Favorite QoL Mods For Amazing Cultivation Simulator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox5_IpB9a_s

QoL Mod Numeric Descriptions - Amazing Cultivation Simulator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cqc5Nm7UR0

Amazing Cultivation Simulator - Beginners Guide and Tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVFqYs48iRE

HOW TO GET ADVANCED LAWS AMAZING CULTIVATION SIMULATOR Guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4HvZcDpQj8

Golden Core - Guide Tutorial - Amazing Cultivation Simulator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOmBbWOA4VI

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
The things Elysium does should be core features you can unlock early in my opinion. When you have one or two Inner Disciples, managing their moods is manageable. When you have more than 5 it got tedious an hour ago.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Immortal Life has now released into Early Access. This is a farming, cultivation, and life style game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcd9_G7mKLA

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1201230/Immortal_Life/

I have no idea how good it is. It looks a lot like a slow paced Harvest Moon kinda game. But all the promo material I've seen is about the ame few mechanics so maybe the game is super shallow, or there will be more mechanics later? Or maybe the promo material doesn't show all there is.

Amazing Cultivation Simulator had a similar promo material issue where all the trailers showed fights, a bit of base building and cultivators sitting around. And not showing the vast depth of mechanics the game has.

Edit: I'm watching an early access video on youtube and its a wild ride.
"Good news! You are invited to join the sect because we're all combat specced and we need a magic herb farmer. You're the best we could find with talent to cultivate, so you get to skip the entrance exam!"
"Bad news! The Sect just exploded!

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 2, 2022

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.
I actually bought Immortal Life based on your post. I've played for about 30 hours now and it's basically a Stardew/Harvest Moon game with cultivation flavor. That may sound a bit critical, but to be honest, the game is really soothing and enjoyable in its current form, and the devs are promising more cultivation-focused content to come. I personally don't mind having spent the money on it as-is. There are a lot of quests, both from characters and on the bulletin board, there are tons of unlockables as you're basically rebuilding the sect from scratch, and if you don't like any one activity such as fishing or fighting in the caverns you can usually unlock or buy the things you need-- aside from farming, which, if you don't like farming, do not buy this game.

All in all, thanks for the heads up! I've enjoyed Immortal Life so far-- and of course, I should mention, I loved this thread and bought/played/loved ACS because of it (and frequently check back for tips).

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
How do I keep my outers alive when primordial soul cultivators attack my sect? Whenever it happens, after a few seconds of fighting, they decide to ignore my inners, and fly to the opposite corner of the map to kill all my outers standing at a bell. I've been save scumming like crazy to try to kill them before the AI does this, but there's got to be a better way. Am I missing something about their targeting AI?

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
While I don't know if this is your problem, I've run into issues before where my Inner Disciples would knock out an enemy and retarget to a new enemy. Because Inners heal quickly the downed enemy would get back up and then do something.

If that's your issue, you should be able to change the attack stance to attack until the enemy is killed. I think that's control left-click on the attack order by memory.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

HiKaizer posted:

While I don't know if this is your problem, I've run into issues before where my Inner Disciples would knock out an enemy and retarget to a new enemy. Because Inners heal quickly the downed enemy would get back up and then do something.

If that's your issue, you should be able to change the attack stance to attack until the enemy is killed. I think that's control left-click on the attack order by memory.

No, they're definitely set to murder. The issue is when one has like 300k qi, and can traverse the whole map to kill my outers before I can down them.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
This is just a guess but maybe knocking down their artifact is causing them to retarget. Try to get them to target a cultivator directly and see if that helps, just send someone in first with no artifact or with a very low max qi artifact before you dogpile with everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I'm attempting to get into this, though it's really intimidating. I've heard picking any race but human is a way to gently caress yourself over immediately. Can someone explain?