Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ratings?
boobs, cleavage, bulging junk in tight pants
cliffhangers
swears
unnaturally beautiful actors and cryptids
other ideas
View Results

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
so it's my last two days as your feared ik and i want to address the elephant in the room... byob's ratings are down amongst our core audience. our board of overseers has cut funding and our missionaries have all either been assimilated by the tribes they went out to preach to or they've been lost to natural disasters, wild animal attacks or both simultaneously. there have been several ideas bandied about and i'd like to use this thread to discuss these and other ideas for getting our ratings back up:

1. more gratuitous nudity in thread tags
2. more cliffhangers at the end of pages
3. swears, lots and lots of swears, like we should talk like the cool kids do these days
4. byob posters be replaced by younger, more beautiful actors who are clearly in their late 20s to early 40s but are cast as teenagers in a dark yet tumultuous high school setting... with super powers... and vampires... and mummies

please use this thread to discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

oh but seriously I posted:

"posting" is now sending a message for the hottest Yob to read out on twitch

ok running with this idea, if we can raise $300 we can have lindsay lohan read our posts live!

https://www.cameo.com/lindsaylohan

also yes we need dumber but sexier snails

brb writing down the rest of these ideas on my yellow legal pad

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
ok i love the idea of killing off a popular poster, i believe manifisto is already on it with his package of "bees" being sent out

and the writers are excited at this prospective storyline:

Evil Bob posted:

Ugh math is so hard like when am i even gonna use it *takes off shirt the way guys in movies do to reveal rippling 8pack abs* i just want to write music and like solve mysteries i guess

teenage life am i right? monsters and romance and *5 o clock shadow creeping in* yeah sex

we're toying with the idea of me being played by zac effron and i'll be a mummy with a crippling hedgehog addiction who swears a lot and never seems to wear a shirt

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FutonForensic posted:

Well guess I better start now:

hey perverts LOOK at these psuedo-snails having a gently caress these pseudo-snails look at them GO AT IT with FULL FRONTAL SLIPPERY

:nws:

:nws:

you like it??? no---you love it!!!

yes!!! we just scored a ratings boost!!!

Manifisto posted:

having lindsay lohan sing the "snail with human titties" song might legit be worth $300

omfg :stare: i think we are through the looking glass here...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Sid Vicious posted:

bring back the snail with human titties the people demand it

we spearheaded a campaign to bring back the snails this summer and we sold three (3) issues of our swimsuit issue!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3930329

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

wow, nobody going for the cliffhangers. it must be because

:ohdear:

:f5:

magic cactus posted:

the kids these days are all about post modernism and deconstruction i say we "deconstruct" this problem by dropping a V-2 rocket straight onto the ratings board.

i really like this idea but let's wait and see the conclusion of manifisto's idea

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

sk posted:

I'm in if I get to use the big show chair

ok so we're going with a wrestling event with a wedding between heather papps and another byob poster and I'm still waiting to hear the conclusion of manifisto's idea

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

it will shock u

while i wait i'll enjoy some limited time availability hidden valley ranch totinos pizza rolls :)

"romeo bake me something like a small calzone, to-ti-ee-nos... you belong to me"

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Sid Vicious posted:

okay im gonna post my super deep belly button this will absolutely get us some more views are you ready please no one try and stop me

ok we just got a sponsorship tie in with dove body lotion so if you could liberally rub several handfuls of cream into your belly button that would be very helpful

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

nut posted:

does it help the reader to know I hit submit with my feet

our survey groups have responded with a resounding "yes"

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Okay, here me out. Whacky/cool/fun new character. Bonus: we can kill them off later if they aren't popular but keep it a mystery until NEXT SEASON to pop ratings!

i'm thinking... smeebles

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
testing audiences have reacted favorably to smeebles' generous cleavage and bubbly personality and the board has approved a series in which byob posters get to date and vie for smeebles love titled "bring your own bachelor/bachelorette"

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
so the shocking death of nut at the end of october has both outraged and energized fans. it seems like some have sworn never to watch again while others are fascinated by the new "pecan" character

pecan posted:

I’m checking the graphs and charts—they love pecan

:hai:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Chewbecca posted:

Yeah I'll reserve judgement for now, something seems awfully familiar about this mysterious stranger

p sure pecan is a completely unique character the writers put in for a thanksgiving themed story arc

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
so our last episode of october ended on a cliffhanger as GaG, either mad with power or possessed by a demon (both?), murdered forums sweetheart nut. those who objected were probated, and/or mercilessly hunted down and executed (ed note: citations needed). And just as the credits rolled a young wide eyed shirtless but buff traveler named pecan arrived in byob.

what will november have in store for byob? tune in next time....

*rznv plays as the credits role over a touching tribute picture of nut*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
november 1st episode synopsis: after choosing Sid in the final rose ceremony, smeebles runs into the mysterious stranger in byob, pecan, as he bathes shirtless under a waterfall. GaG claims he is innocent in the murder of nut despite the evidence but the ever corrupt mod system sees him staying in power. several kittens and puppies enjoy a playful day in the pastures atop the big ol rear end of sunny byob island.