Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is worse
eric s ray,mond
esr
View Results

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

fart simpson posted:

its esr. close thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

this whole chur/brexit period has been very revealing to me in just how many people really do seem to want fascism. they’ll line up behind the most heinous poo poo if they feel it aligns with their world view. they find comfort in simple answers to complex problems to the point where they are happy to abandon basic empathy, humanity, and kindness

and it only takes a few assholes in positions of ‘power’ to take advantage of that instinct for poo poo to get real dark, real fast. it’s loving ridiculous tribal lizard brain bullshit

gently caress you esr, gently caress you dilbert guy

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i've never been accused of sexual harassment and neither have any of the people i consider friends. if you and your buddies are always having to be on the lookout for :females: trying to "collect your scalp" perhaps it's your own loving fault

this times 1 million

it's stunning how little people seem to be prepared to empathise with others. 'hey if someone I didn't find at all attractive kept hitting on me and making me feel unsafe that probably wouldn't be cool' just doesn't seem to enter their head at all

you could argue its functionally developmental disablement, peeps like that are either psychopaths (unlikely as they have zero superficial charm) or have a totally broken theory of mind