Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think I kind of breezed through this when I played it a while ago so I hope you'll see some things I missed.

It is a pretty chill game but they definitely leaned slightly into playing it for speedruns, when you release and where you grapple can have a not insignificant effect on your momentum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I never watched Maddie dive off the edge. She must be one hell of a climber :v:

White Coke posted:

Maybe the frog people get most of their food from outside the village gardens, like with hunting or fishing? I thought I saw water at the bottom of some of the pits. Plus if they're cold-blooded they might not eat nearly as much as a human of comparable size would. And maybe they need to implant their tadpoles in human hosts, like Mind Flayers, so their population won't expand uncontrollably.

Well that got dark.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Not just the darkness but the scale of the darkness really does add to the mildly creepy vibe. Like staring into the ocean from the edge of the continental shelf.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I was kind of bummed when Mady left so quickly but for the length of the game there isn't really any "good" time either. Hopefully they teach her not to jump off of cliffs to get around.

I always assumed the lights in the big rocks were houses or whatever and we only passed through their equivalent of a 1 street town because otherwise the crystals didn't really do that much impressive stuff :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I do not remember destroying a burial ground when I played this. Does that have to happen or can you just go to the opposite path first? What I do remember is hiding grapple points behind blind corners as you go up the ice pillar is when the game really starting to throw me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It seems to be an occasional recurring theme with smaller platforming-like games like this and connecting their game to grief, death, loss, coping, and such. Like convergent evolution where completely different situations result in similar structures. Regardless it's a gentle and pleasant game whether seeing it as a fairy tale or allegory.