Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~
My House had a brief blackout. Had to reroute the power to a secondary(we dont have a generator) and use my phone as a third string limit. Involved unplugging the Blu-Ray Player and ethernet and doing a 5 round CPU powercycle do get disk repair running(advanced system repair is actually a POST disk check script, thats why it can often fail after a surge).

Got some nice popups of MS-DOS windows. I'm running my own DOS with a windows XP/10 hybrid for GUI and sys32/sys64 linkup.

All is stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Did you check your ram op? Check to see if the amount of ram you have went down. Maybe one stick fried and you didn't know it.

Either that or you fried something you never use like the on board modem or some poo poo

Not only could it be fried and buggy, but it could be the wrong size. The slots on older motherboards can actually fit new DDR5 RAM but the firmware wont accept it.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

I'm not gonna tell you to go out and buy headlight fluid. Your computer is working and running fine and youve fixed it.