Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Winner's Circle Poll of People Who Win Contests
This poll is closed.
Bingo Cop Metis 31 17.51%
Major Isoor 13 7.34%
A Cup of Ramen 33 18.64%
Prokhor 14 7.91%
Arzaac 12 6.78%
Bowseretta 52 29.38%
Bernie 22 12.43%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You will probably never see me probate someone for emptyquoting unless they're being real obnoxious about it so, emptyquote away.

The Bingo encourages us to...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I finally beat Breath of the Wild on the Switch.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Last chat thread, Infinitum lurked. The very next thread, he posted instead.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
December Comes in Like a Dragon

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

Advent Manchildren

This is :discourse:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

FirstAidKite posted:

Last chat thread, Infinitum lurked. The very next thread, he posted instead.

Ugh. Last Christmas tops my Least Favorite Songs list and your witty allusion has got me in a funk.

2020: Endgame

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

now you can finish the dlc!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Any last minute cheap "you really should own but possibly might not own" titles in the Steam sale?

I submit Prey for $6. The DLC owns too.

I regret not getting the bundle when I bought Dishonored 2, I didn't notice it. I have the PS4 version.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

Ugh. Last Christmas tops my Least Favorite Songs list and your witty allusion has got me in a funk.

Bring on Whamageddon

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
My favorite Christmas song is the John Lennon one and my least favorite one is the Paul McCartney one

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

gently caress You It's December!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Katamari Democracy posted:

Nice

Hey let’s end November by asking ourselves, Weapon durability, is it worth it??

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Merry Christmas and a Happy Game Year

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The season to loop this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wk6pKKi0vE

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The opening synth of Wonderful Christmastime is one of the worst sounds ever recorded by a professional musician.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Getting heated about Wonderful Christmastime

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

My parents love Wonderful Christmastime and it is such an awful song.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Booky posted:

Merry Christmas and a Happy Game Year

gamers bless us, everyone

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Feliz Navigames

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
KCB likes it too and it just drives me up the wall when I hear it, it just sounds so annoying.

There are worse songs though for sure, like the christmas hippo song, or that one version of 12 days that feels like it's sung by some lady trying to do asmr and singing it offkey.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Can't wait to watch Love, Actually alone and by myself.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Can't wait to watch Love, Actually alone and by myself.

please don't do this to yourself, people care about you

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Everyone should at least read the plot summary of Last Christmas (dir. Paul Feig, 2019), it's a real roller coaster, and poor Henry Golding

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Bingo encourages us to...

what's bingo I don't think I've heard of it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it's sort of like connect four but without the element of skill

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

it's sort of like connect four but without the element of skill

The real bingo skill is being able to play like 9 boards at once, like multi-tabling online poker.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

anybody have experience with a hyken mesh chair? the internet seems to like it, and i could do with something (cheap) with lumbar support.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

LawfulWaffle posted:

"last christmas i gave you my heart" should rhyme with "the very next day, you tore it apart"

instead they just completely ignore that line and rhyme the second line's second half with its first half???? it upsets me

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Rinkles posted:

Any last minute cheap "you really should own but possibly might not own" titles in the Steam sale?

I regret not getting the bundle when I bought Dishonored 2, I didn't notice it. I have the PS4 version.

Hitman and Hitman 2 are 80% off at the moment.

Hitman won giantbomb's GOTY, Hitman 2 only didn't because it was just more Hitman, even though they thought it was better than any other game that came out in 2018.

It starts as an assassination simulator, but it quickly becomes a farce generator. Change costumes, move through a labyrinth of society, and trip people through wet puddles to fall down elevator shafts. The Hitman series has an absurd amount of content, and is both fun and funny.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

My favorite Christmas song is the John Lennon one and my least favorite one is the Paul McCartney one

Yeah

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

Hitman and Hitman 2 are 80% off at the moment.

Hitman won giantbomb's GOTY, Hitman 2 only didn't because it was just more Hitman, even though they thought it was better than any other game that came out in 2018.

It starts as an assassination simulator, but it quickly becomes a farce generator. Change costumes, move through a labyrinth of society, and trip people through wet puddles to fall down elevator shafts. The Hitman series has an absurd amount of content, and is both fun and funny.

I have 1 on PS4, but never got around to it. Lately I'm rarely in the mood for "thinky" games. Or "thinky" anything really.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Rinkles posted:

I have 1 on PS4, but never got around to it. Lately I'm rarely in the mood for "thinky" games. Or "thinky" anything really.

That's fair, and I respect that.

But remember that at basically any time in Hitman, you can sit down on a bench to read a newspaper, and no one will find you. Then you can just watch as furious alt right militia run around shouting at each other as they try to find who has been throwing peaches at them.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rinkles posted:

Umurangi Generation is like $13 and people are calling it a GOTY contender

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Everyone should at least read the plot summary of Last Christmas (dir. Paul Feig, 2019), it's a real roller coaster, and poor Henry Golding

Speaking of Paul Feig and Henry Golding we just watched A Simple Favor again which is a 10/10 flick, holy poo poo.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

wuggles posted:

Umurangi Generation is like $13 and people are calling it a GOTY contender

thanks for putting that on my radar

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

A Simple Plan is definitely superb, much better than Last Christmas lol

Mainly because Blake Lively + Anna Kendrick > khaleesi lady (i legitimately am blanking on her name and I'm not going to look it up)

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A Simple Plan is definitely superb, much better than Last Christmas lol

Mainly because Blake Lively + Anna Kendrick > khaleesi lady (i legitimately am blanking on her name and I'm not going to look it up)

My girlfriend saw it once, recounted the whole plot to me, and then watched it again while forgetting the twist. I have watched it zero times

Also: Emilia Clarke

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The 7th Guest posted:

"last christmas i gave you my heart" should rhyme with "the very next day, you tore it apart"

instead they just completely ignore that line and rhyme the second line's second half with its first half???? it upsets me

For some reason, my mind always makes it "the very next day, you gave me a fart" which I guess is the Weird Al version

E: Also it doesn't make loving sense for someone who has been given someone's metaphorical heart to give it away. To fuckin' who?

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 1, 2020

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

E: Also it doesn't make loving sense for someone who has been given someone's metaphorical heart to give it away. To fuckin' who?

Regifting an unwanted item, in this case someone's love by accepting it and then just being all "lol gently caress that" and going with someone else

some good christmas tunes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpfHSqLXePI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_xx50VjSN4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8405nEFJXpk

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AwWmgcxcX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmTA-bR3TfQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdXZRLO7FSM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have beaten Assassin's Creed Valhalla Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

I guess this is a Christmas game? Or a winter game at least