Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Winner's Circle Poll of People Who Win Contests
This poll is closed.
Bingo Cop Metis 31 17.51%
Major Isoor 13 7.34%
A Cup of Ramen 33 18.64%
Prokhor 14 7.91%
Arzaac 12 6.78%
Bowseretta 52 29.38%
Bernie 22 12.43%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The way everyone is talking about how cool the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers are on the Dualsense for Cooling Springs of Astro's Playroom, that's what has me most interested now lol

Im a bit of a stinker but my assumption is much like HD Rumble and various other features these will be used interestingly for some launch games and then progressively forgotten until the next big first party release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bingo Cop Metis posted:

if you die in the poll, you die in real life

410,757,864,531 DEAD COPS

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Edit: Delayed Double posting November apparently!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

410,757,864,531 DEAD COPS

:negative:

am I soon to become Poll Loser Metis??

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

What's the best way to play through the King's Field games? I guess just emulate the PS1 but there's this Sword of Moonlight PC game which was like a release on PC with some modding tools?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

bovis posted:

My goal for this month is to finish off Disco Elysium and make headway into another game. Maybe I should get back to Yakuza 0Kiwami since the 7 release is making me want to play through them since I know I would love them all!!

e: I'm getting close to the end of Disco Elysium. Last act, certainly. Just gotta wrap up some threads before I zero in on my suspect. I've started, like, recovering as a cop. No drugs or Al Gul, not too many wacky questions or answers, just letting my police craft come back to me while occasionally hunting for cryptids. I love when a skill check says Impossible but then gives me a 90%+ chance because I've found a bunch of related clues. Not as good as I feel when Kim and I are working together on a topic, but it's up there.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 1, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OP there seems to have been some kind of error, I don't see a Bowsette option in the poll???

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my halloween game was fatal frame and i had a good time playing it, mostly

i think as far as debut games for survival horror, fatal frame 1 is just behind silent hill 1 in my rankings. my only problem with the game comes in the third night, when the healing items mysteriously vanish at a time when you basically get into a bit of a boss rush, including facing a katana wielder twice. a lot of frustrating game overs just because i didn't have the health to stay in the fight (which isn't helped by some ghosts having a bad teleportation trick that doesn't give you enough time to run away, FOLKLORIST I'M LOOKING AT YOU)

the other 4 chapters don't have that problem, just that night, it's weird and a bad portion of the game. otherwise i'd have given the game a 9/10, instead i give it an 8

FF2 is supposed to be the best game in the series so i'll look forward to playing that later down the road (i have it already but i'm gonna move over to other games)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Content warning: complaining about media that includes dying animals out of nowhere. No graphic descriptions or anything like that.

I am very annoyed right now because I was watching a video of a playthrough of an indie horror game and then out of nowhere the video introduced a cat and was clearly setting up to kill the cat and the comments confirmed that that's how it went. Not gonna watch the rest of the video now. Had a similar experience the other day when I was watching a video about a dog meeting some cats and the vid ended up focusing on the dog with some cats and then about the cats dying and the dog being sad until the dog met some new cats.

It's frustrating because I already have brain problems as those who put up with me already know and I'd really rather not be watching something and then out of nowhere "hey wanna think about dying cats?? I think you wanna think about dying cats." and like..hey, maybe I didn't want to think about that, maybe I didn't want my depression to rip its way out of my skull and jumpstart my next bout of depression.

I just wish they'd include content warnings for this poo poo even though it isn't really reasonable to do so for every single thing. It's just not a subject I like being exposed to out of nowhere.

I'm just frustrated. Doubly so because I feel like this is something that wouldn't bother a lot of people to the extent it bothers me and I wish I could be as apathetic as others who never let their thoughts get to them like this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

No lie I got to this point last night and almost screencapped this exact moment

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Related to the Spiderverse chat in the last thread, I was looking at the coming soon list on Netflix and noticed that it'll come out on there later this month!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Uh where is Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory in the OP??????

Between that, Bugsnax, Miles, Yakuza, and AOC I may as well have gotten a new console with all the money I’m spending

redreader posted:

I was thinking of getting 13 sentinels but I decided to wait for a bit, but it seems nobody talks about it any more. Is it a play-once short game? Or just not that great? Or super niche?

It’s a great game but any discussion of it necessitates spoiler tags because it starts doing reveals fast (and in different order depending on who you play first). Also once it’s over you’ll have nearly platinumed it so there isn’t much more reason to play again

Play it so we have an excuse to talk about it :getin:

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm just frustrated. Doubly so because I feel like this is something that wouldn't bother a lot of people to the extent it bothers me and I wish I could be as apathetic as others who never let their thoughts get to them like this.

<3

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The first one I thought was good except for one really obvious clue
It's worth noting the clue actually isn't that obvious to its original audience at all due to them growing up with a different alphabet. Like, sure, they use the roman one too but it's an association that comes a lot less naturally. It's a really tricky one to handle localization-wise.

Chev fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 1, 2020

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

bovis posted:

My goal for this month is to finish off Disco Elysium and make headway into another game. Maybe I should get back to Yakuza 0 since the 7 release is making me want to play through them since I know I would love them all!!

This is my DE protip: sleep in the bunker.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Hello I did not manage to fill in my bingo card or even make a line for the last thread. Perhaps this month will be different!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

redreader posted:

I was thinking of getting 13 sentinels but I decided to wait for a bit, but it seems nobody talks about it any more. Is it a play-once short game? Or just not that great? Or super niche?

It's good, and very confusing at the beginning.

The story is great, while the tower defense part is just okay.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

doingitwrong posted:

Hello I did not manage to fill in my bingo card or even make a line for the last thread. Perhaps this month will be different!

:justpost:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Danganronpa

Chapter 2 Investigation: Erm, so Toko's a serial killer? Is that really we're going with this? I know this franchise is kinda out there but you what?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Everyone needs a hobby.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
(DR Trial 2 Prep): Ok heading into this one I kinda have an idea what's going on but I don't have everything completely nailed down. Toko is obviously the serial killer and Togami's set everything up to look like she did it (using the extension cord from the library) but the crime doesn't match Toko's MO. Also it's clear that the murder actually happened in the boys' locker room cause of the carpet/poster getting switched and Chihiro being way closer with the dudes. She used Leon's handbook to get in there and hers is missing cause its the broken one in the mailbox. All of which leaves Togami, Hiro, Mondo, Taka and Hifumi as the suspects and I'm still writing off Togami cause he's in the plot for the long haul. Beyond that I don't really have a clue but I guess Mondo and Taka are the top two suspects cause it's unlikely Hiro or Hifumi would have been trying to get swole late at night and the other two already have form for being out late doing stupid macho poo poo. Besides that I got nothing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

On the other hand you're free to come and go and I'm pretty sure any damage done to a boss carries over to the next day.

They killed all my pikmin that i had thrown at the boss and didnt give me any of the fruit he dropped cause i killed him with like 1 second left on the day clock

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Gotta say trial 2 really made me warm up to a lot of the cast (although the swimmer was best girl from the get go and that didn't change, a certain someone came pretty close)

Chev fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 1, 2020

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Bugsnax

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I've heard people talk about it

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Erfsom posted:

This is my DE protip: sleep in the bunker.

The One More Door bunker?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
been killing time with red faction guerilla's ps4 port after buying it like two years ago

i really goofed by not setting this thing to easy mode when i first played it, it's so much better when the shooty bits are just a quick distraction from the smashy bits

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

FirstAidKite posted:

Didn't get a chance to post in the last thread but congratulations ONE YEAR LATER on your marriage :)

Thanks dude!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

Waiting patiently until I understand all or even at least most of the poll options

Bingo cop is the winner of the bingo contest, who was told they'd be in next months poll. The other four are the winners who vanquished infinitum

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

mind = boggled

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rarity posted:

No lie I got to this point last night and almost screencapped this exact moment

lmao I read so fast that I instinctively pressed X on the screen and moved past it before registering that it was funny so I actually opened up a youtube video to screenshot that and posted it

Rarity posted:

(DR Trial 2 Prep): Ok heading into this one I kinda have an idea what's going on but I don't have everything completely nailed down.

I just finished this one last night, this is definitely more like a Phoenix Wright trial where the suspect emerges throughout the process. I read the game wiki a long time ago and I have NO idea how I remember so much of what goes on, but this trial has a big twist which I knew about going in. I didn't remember who the killer was based on the twist, but there's a really subtle clue you might have been able to pick up on which would tell you who the real killer was.

LawfulWaffle posted:

The One More Door bunker?

One Moor Door is actually unopenable, internalizing it says that "actually sometimes you can't open every door and you just have to live with that"

now the shipping container at the harbor, however

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I just finished this one last night, this is definitely more like a Phoenix Wright trial where the suspect emerges throughout the process. I read the game wiki a long time ago and I have NO idea how I remember so much of what goes on, but this trial has a big twist which I knew about going in. I didn't remember who the killer was based on the twist, but there's a really subtle clue you might have been able to pick up on which would tell you who the real killer was.

I'm playing trial 2 now and ahahaha at Togami just balls out outing Toko. Ok rich kid you're an rear end but I respect your game

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ugh I'm going to have to reinstall Danganronpa. I think I got about halfway through but it was so long ago I'll just have to start over.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TOKO WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOUR TONGUE? :stonk:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rarity posted:

I'm playing trial 2 now and ahahaha at Togami just balls out outing Toko. Ok rich kid you're an rear end but I respect your game

that's not the only outing that's gonna happen this trial :ssh:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

TOKO WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOUR TONGUE? :stonk:

:syoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok this version of Toko is way better. Can I keep her?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay I'm starting to get more interested in this game now that I'm in Ch 3. Before I just kind of assumed the mystery was the Battle Royale component, but now it's starting to seem like there's some sort of weird poo poo going on in the outside world Virtue's Last Reward style

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm with you. Any media that pulls stuff like this is a failure in my eyes. It's just crass and unnecessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

did i post in this thread yet

i already forgot