Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Elviscat
My vehicles: 2002 Ford Ranger, 2017 Nissan Leaf, 1964 Ford Mustang, 2007 Yamaha FZ6, 2018 Husqvarna FE250
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I'm set on tools, but if you have something cool and cheap you use often that'd be great
Something small I would really like: Anything local to you, hot sauce, beer and liquor are always good.
Hobbies: Fixing my lovely house, dirt bike riding
Shirt size: XL
Food Allergies: none
Junk/No Junk: Junk is fine
Comments: Anything cool or unique to your area would be awesome, especially anything aerospace, nuclear, or Navy related
A local merchant option: Amazon is technically local to me
Dicks/No Dicks Dicks are always welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Unless work magically appears at either of my jobs, I'm out this year. As much as I'd love to send out hand crafted garbage, I don't even have money for raw materials :(

We've worked this out before. Not gonna speak for slothrop but like....yeah...just see who can do double duty. There will be probably people who can. We've definitely done it before.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
builds character
My vehicles: 2018 KTM 450 EXC-F, 1980 XS400, TTR125, KLX110, 2004 savana 1500, 2010 CRV
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: A good crimper
Something small I would really like: hot sauce
Hobbies: dirt bikes, surfing, soccer
Shirt size: xl
Food Allergies: none
Junk/No Junk: no junk, please
Comments: local stuff is cool,
A local merchant option: I’m in NYC so almost anyone has local options
Dicks/No Dicks: As many as you want as long as they’re funny

obscure_reference
Jan 7, 2012
obscure_reference
My vehicles: 2006 Nissan Altima
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: A decent flashlight that isn't my phone's flash
Something small I would really like: stickers, magnets, garage art, anything cool really
Hobbies: reading, playing pinball, lurking SA and AI while on the clock
Shirt size: XL to 2X
Junk/No Junk: junk is welcomed
Comments: Got any old or foreign coins/currency/tokens weighing you down? I'll gladly take them off your hands!
A local merchant option: I'd rather get something from one of yours if possible
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging, feel free.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Motronic posted:

We've worked this out before. Not gonna speak for slothrop but like....yeah...just see who can do double duty. There will be probably people who can. We've definitely done it before.

Definitely. We can work it out. No reason to leave people out because of the shitshow that's been 2020. :piaa:

superdylan
Oct 13, 2005
not 100% stupid
Thanks for doing this!

superdylan
My vehicles: 2015 Honda Fit
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Allen wrenches for bikes
Something small I would really like: non-local snacks/candies
Hobbies: Cycling, RC, Photography, Go, Raspberry Pi projects, Guitar oooh i see why my wife says i have too many hobbies
Shirt size: M
Junk/No Junk: junk i can display is awesome
Comments: local to you stuff is awesome
A local merchant option: Amazon, Powell's
Dicks/No Dicks: no dicks please

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Deeters
My vehicles: 2012 Focus, DRZ400
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Good mini ratchet (like Wera or Chapman), chain brush
Something small I would really like: Hot Wheels! Small lego kits
Hobbies: Reading, riding motorcycles, watching MotoGP or Supercross, video games (Steam or Switch)
Shirt size: I have too many shirts
Food Allergies: None
Junk/No Junk: NO JUNK
Comments: I'm going to be working from home for the foreseeable future, so anything that would look cool on my desk would be appreciated. I can provide a goodreads or steam link if you wanna go that route.
A local merchant option: kitterytradingpost.com, bookshop.org
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only thanks

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Okay fine, I'm in:

beep-beep car is go
My vehicle: 2018 Honda CRV
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Locking vice grips
Something small I would really like: something that broke in an interesting way
Hobbies: Painting (watercolor and gouache), gaming (Switch and PS4) old computer hardware
Shirt size: Men's medium
Junk/No Junk: Heck yes Junk!
Comments: I want your local poo poo.
A local merchant option: Amazon
Dicks/No Dicks: no dicks please

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

gently caress it why not

Deviant
My vehicles: 2016 Volkswagen Golf R
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I use my Makita 18V drill like it owes me money
Something small I would really like: i'm flexible
Hobbies: computerman, vidya games, 3d printing
Shirt size: L/XL depending on cut
Junk/No Junk: NO JUNK
Comments: the perfect gift is something that someone wants, but would never buy themselves.
A local merchant option: idk orlando fl has neat stuff

Edit: I just bought a house, so anything related to that is rad.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 22, 2020

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

sharkytm posted:

Definitely. We can work it out. No reason to leave people out because of the shitshow that's been 2020. :piaa:

Agreed, I can do double duty.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

First timer:

oddhair
My vehicles: 2016 GTI
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: have scads of tools
Something small I would really like: I like weird kitschy stuff in small quantities, like I bought one piece of radioactive Fiesta ware and a couple of Uranium glass pieces as I adore the nuclear naivete (I won't ship you vaguely radioactive crockery unless you ask); those Miette gingersnaps sound incredible
Hobbies: cooking but have too many kitchen 'things' already (e.g. cookbooks would be great, utensils less so), a little TX gardening, some car audio and little electronics projects, picking locks,
Shirt size: 2XL
Junk/No Junk: little a junk, as a treat
Comments: My go-to ask for small gifts when people are traveling are keychains, and I ask for cheesy, so if they forget it's no biggie and if they remember it's not hard to grab one just anywhere. I drink some, and love the Belgian beers. I eat most things at least once, am fine with both Marmite and Vegemite, hell I even enjoyed fresh durian once I got to the actual chalky flesh inside I hope this goes without saying but please don't send me a durian
A local merchant option: Amazon US, local to you is also good.
Dicks/No Dicks: not where the mail carrier can see!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Motronic posted:

sharkytm posted:

Elviscat posted:

Agreed, I can do double duty.

I'm happy to try facilitate this, lets get as many goons involved as possible! I think the best way to handle it is the following:

If you're willing to send out 2 or more gifts, but only receive 1, please email me at slothrop.ai@gmail.com with how many 'extras' you are happy to sponsor. If you'd prefer them to be local to you or have any other requests, let me know and I'll try to arrange that

If money is tight for you, but you'd like to be involved, please make a post in thread, and sign up using the form. Please add in the phrase "Paying it Forward" to your post and in the comments on your form.

Please don't be shy about signing up, I'll allocate the 'extras' on a first come, first served basis.

I'd like to nominate our mod, Elmnt80 as the first recipient.

Elmnt80, please sign up!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Better late than never.

PainterofCrap

My vehicles: 1966 Pontiac Bonneville; 2002 Honda CR-V, 2007 Nissan Versa
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Have most of them / a 20-ton arbor press
Something small I would really like: keep your body parts :) / I’m good. Stuff that’s local, cheap/free

Hobbies: building/fixing/restoring/maintaining things. Cooking.

Shirt size: 3X

Junk/No Junk: Bring it. Hell I sent someone a piston from a Craftsman yard vacuum last year. Anyone need an intake for a Honda F23A engine?

Comments: I do like things that are local to you. If I draw someone from New England, I really, really really miss clam dip. I'll pay you to FedEx it to me. (well, I also miss a proper fried clam, but that's just...impractical)

I really am easy. I draw the line, however, at bellybutton lint or used mouth retainers.

A local merchant option: None, really. It's New Jersey.

Dicks: Do your worst

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 14, 2020

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

slothrop posted:

I'm happy to try facilitate this, lets get as many goons involved as possible! I think the best way to handle it is the following:

If you're willing to send out 2 or more gifts, but only receive 1, please email me at slothrop.ai@gmail.com with how many 'extras' you are happy to sponsor. If you'd prefer them to be local to you or have any other requests, let me know and I'll try to arrange that

If money is tight for you, but you'd like to be involved, please make a post in thread, and sign up using the form. Please add in the phrase "Paying it Forward" to your post and in the comments on your form.

Please don't be shy about signing up, I'll allocate the 'extras' on a first come, first served basis.

Elmnt80, please sign up!

Amen.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

slothrop posted:

Elmnt80, please sign up!

I appreciate it, but I will pass. The fun for me in this is digging up something useful/fun/relevant for my santee and figuring out how/where to get it from. Getting stuff is always cool too, but this time I'm gonna enjoy getting my warm fuzzies looking on and watching goons be good to each other. :kimchi:

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Yasssss

Bulk Vanderhuge
My vehicles: 1990 Miata, 2000 Insight, 1980 Austin Mini, 1959 TR3A, 2013 Fit, 1994 Hardbody
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I'm pretty good right now, maybe something obscure and renovation related?
Something small I would really like: Snacks, stickers, keychains, Hot Wheels?
Hobbies: Cooking, video games, cats, music
Shirt size: Small/Medium
Junk/No Junk: Cool Junk
Comments: Local culturally/historically relevant stuff is always cool, especially in sticker or keychain form
A local merchant option: Canada
Dicks/No Dicks: Whatever you want

mrtrunks84
Oct 5, 2004

The train in my head just missed it's stop
My vehicles: 2016 Volkswagen Golf R; 2018 Audi a4 allroad
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had:
Something small I would really like: your dick, exotic snacks
Hobbies: computers / wood work
Shirt size: large
Junk/No Junk: another mans treasure
Comments: Local stuff is great, your favorite snack
A local merchant option: Amazon USA

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Can I sign up to be a Santa to two people? Or maybe on behalf of someone else like Elemnt80?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
:siren: Guys, I done hosed up :siren:

Turns out Google forms do not collect your email address (yay privacy!)

This means I don’t have a way to contact you!

Please go back and submit the form again!

I apologise for the hassle.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

slothrop posted:

:siren: Guys, I done hosed up :siren:

Turns out Google forms do not collect your email address (yay privacy!)

This means I don’t have a way to contact you!

Please go back and submit the form again!

I apologise for the hassle.

loving lol.

Thank you for doing this. Like...whatever, we can go through a few more rounds of loving this up and it's still oaky because at least somebody is trying to make this happen.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Entering after the resubmit request.

The Royal Nonesuch
My vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ, 2014 Jeep JK
The tool I most commonly wish I had: needle-nose pliers that aren't from harbor freight. Similarly those long-neck doublejointed pliers, used to have a pair and lost them in a fire
Something small I would really like: hand-made trinkets, duplicate tools you never use (rebuilding my kit after the aforementioned fire!), local (to you) printed maps for my archaic collection, cool wild scrapwood from your backyard
Hobbies: offroading/4x4, woodworking, shooting, camping/hiking, occasionally having beers often
Shirt size: US XL
Food Allergies: nope
Junk/No Junk: full send
Comments: I love all AI:SS gifts, get weird with it!
A local merchant option: Any Los Angeles based merchant but let's face it; it's gonna be Amazon
Dicks/No Dicks: Gonna opt in for moderate dicks here

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 22, 2020

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Lol, resubmitted the form.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Maksimus 54
My vehicles: 2017 Subaru Forester
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: a good wire crimper
Something small I would really like: Stickers, snacks, chotskis
Hobbies: Cooking, drinking, homebrew, diy in general
Shirt size: XL or 5T
Junk/No Junk: No junk please, have too much stuff to get rid of as is
Comments: Local stuff, snacks
A local merchant option: Amazon USA
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only thank

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Ok I'm in

Thumposaurus
My vehicles: 2007 VW GTI, 1991 Cadillac Brougham hearse, 1973 VW Bus, partner has a 2003 Jeep Rubicon
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had:  good wire strippers, or small needle nose pliers
Something small I would really like: local candy/chocolate, stickers
Hobbies: espresso, cooking, guitars
Shirt size: medium
Food Allergies: none
Junk/No Junk: junk is neat
Comments: coffee from a local roaster would be cool, anything local food wise
A local merchant option: strosniders ace hardware is my local hardware store
Dicks: no dicks for me thank you very much

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.
It was fun last year, what the hell, I'm in.

Sgt Fox
My vehicles: 1985 Mazda Rx-7, 1990 Mazda 323, 2010 BMW 335i
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Not sure, I am a tool addict, I love unusual or useful things, I have most common ones sorted. Could do with a sharpening stone for kitchen knives etc after the chat thread discussions.
Something small I would really like: I don't know... (I have a ton of the FB hotwheels though, so unfortunately, please no)
Hobbies: Besides cars and a filthy tool addiction, I collect historical militaria and ordnance.
Shirt size: XL but I don't really wear printed tshirts much
Food Allergies: Seafood/fish, also don't drink much coffee.
Junk/No Junk: Light on the junk please. I'm trying to clean up, but the large nut from a nuclear plant I got last year was cool.
Comments: Local things are certainly fun. Been trying to decorate my new garage walls with automotive flags/banners.
A local merchant option: Amazon Canada, Princess Auto
Dicks/No Dicks: I will open this with my family, please refrain from phalluses.

Sgt Fox fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 19, 2020

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

babyeatingpsychopath
My vehicles: 2006 Grand Marquis. 2000 540it (broken), 1997 Suzuki Bandit (broken), 1976 Honda Goldwing (broken)
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Tap Handle
Something small I would really like: spicy food, or shiny objects
Hobbies: electronics, puns
Shirt size: prefer hats
Junk/No Junk: I'll store the junk in any of my broken vehicles. bring it on.
Comments: Love things that are local to your area, food or snack/shot glasses/novelty teaspoons and postcards
A local merchant option: http://www.cabarrusbrewing.com/
Dicks/No Dicks: I will take all the dicks. My postal carrier, UPS driver, Fedex guy, and Amazon lady have seen all manner of goon-decorated boxes at this point.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The Door Frame
My vehicles: 93 Mercury Capri, 06 Scion xA
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Probably my M12 jacket, but after that would be my M18 impact. I'm a mark for anything Milwaukee, but you can never have enough vise grips, regardless of size, style, or shape
Something small I would really like: I'm easy to please, just no garlic
Hobbies: Vidya games, welding, drinking, playing with my 90lb puppy
Shirt size: L
Food Allergies: Fish/Shellfish
Junk/No Junk: ENDLESS TRASH!!!1!
Comments: Have fun with it. Like I said, I'm easy to please
A local merchant option: I don't understand the question, Chicago?
Dicks/No Dicks: My legal name is a dick joke, do your worst

Paying it Forward

E: Y'all are good people. I love AI

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 16, 2020

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
A quick update:

:siren:I have 49 sign-ups! Just need one more to make that magical 50 mark!:siren:

There are only 3 Australian's signed up, so there are 3 bottles of Single Malt going begging.

There are NO Kiwi's signed up :cryingkiwi: Does no-one want Squiggles and Cameo Cremes? I'd kill for those! Paging Spades, BuckyDoneGun and any other Kiwi's I've forgotten!

I'll keep sign-ups open until everyone has had a chance to resubmit the Google Form with their email address.

https://forms.gle/TFCZted1w18MCmXk7

I believe I am waiting on a resubmission from the following Santas, if your name appears on this list in error I apologise.

64bit_Dophins
A Small Car
Bajaha
Beep-Beep Car is Go
Big Taint
Bulk Vanderhuge
Deeters
Elviscat
everdave
Fermented Tinal
Freelop
helno
HondaWhisperer
Krakkles
mrtrunks84
nadmonk
nitsuga
obscure_reference
oddhair
Steely Dad
superdylan
the Spyder
Toplitzin

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Re-did the thing!

obscure_reference
Jan 7, 2012
Resubmitted!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Done!

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
If its not inconveniently late, ill sign up. Who doesnt love Squiggles?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Please do!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
CAT INTERCEPTOR
My vehicles: Various bicycles, Subaru Forester, Subaru Levorg, 3 WRXs, Mazda RX7
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Most commonly use: Ryobi-ONE rattle gun, wish I had: Ummmm..... Nothing inexpensive comes to mind except a multimeter, Im quite well resourced.
Something small I would really like: Something for cats
Hobbies: cycling, cats, rebuilding Subarus, photography
Food Allergies: Nil
Junk/No Junk: If it's junk and I laugh, it's good
Comments: Absolutly no food or organic matter if mailing fromoverseas, Aust Customs do not gently caress about
A local merchant option: Amazon or Supercheap Auto
Dicks/No Dicks: Refrain from outside pls.

Apologies who I get to be Santa to in advance

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Nov 16, 2020

Humphreys
Jan 26, 2013

We conceived a way to use my mother as a porn mule

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
My vehicles: Various bicycles, Subaru Forester, Subaru Levorg, 3 WRXs, Mazda RX7
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Most commonly use: Ryobi-ONE rattle gun, wish I had: Ummmm..... Nothing inexpensive comes to mind except a multimeter, Im quite well resourced.
Something small I would really like: Something for cats
Hobbies: cycling, cats, rebuilding Subarus
Food Allergies: Nil
Junk/No Junk: If it's junk and I laugh, it's good
Comments: Absolutly no food or organic matter if mailing fromoverseas, Aust Customs do not gently caress about
A local merchant option: Amazon or Supercheap Auto
Dicks/No Dicks: Refrain from outside pls.

Apologies who I get to be Santa to in advance

I bet I end up with you and we just send each other tim tams.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I wasn't planning on joining, because historically I've had a tough time coming up with ideas for this sort of thing, but I'll give it a shot again anyway. It's been a few years, and I finally am past the "starving student" phase.

Raluek
My vehicles: 1960 F100, 1965 Impala, 1969 Chevelle. And an unknown probably-Italian bicycle circa 1961.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Use: I have a nice collection of 3/8 sockets that I use all the time, and I would be lost without my air impact. Need: I guess I don't know what I am missing until I have a taste of it. I have a good collection of the usual stuff, but hit me with the stuff I don't know I need.
Something small I would really like: I have a major sweet tooth, and I love old interesting knick-knacks.
Hobbies: Work is electronics nerdery, so old cars are my primary hobby. I do have computer/electronics interests too.
Shirt size: Large tall slim fit, ideally, but just a normal large is fine. Sometimes a medium fits, but I wouldn't risk it.
Food Allergies: None. Not a fan of IPAs, if you're a beer-gifter.
Junk/No Junk: I love junk. What would I do without junk? Most of what I own is junk. Where would I be without it? Dump it all on me.
Comments: I love cool old stuff, and nerd poo poo, and I'm pretty easy to please. I'll adore whatever you send me.
A local merchant option: I live in the bay area, so we probably have one of everything. I try not to patronize the richest man in the country, but I really won't mind if you do.
Dicks/No Dicks: Decorate as you see fit.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I wasn't going to do this as I haven't really been in the mood lately, but what the hell. Maybe it'll cheer me up.

CornHolio
My vehicles: Let's see... 1986 Porsche 944, 2000 Mazda B2500, 1997 Volvo 850, 2015 Ford Focus, 2016 Dodge Challenger, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I love tools but just got a bunch from my wife's recently-deceased grandfather and I'm still going through them.
Something small I would really like: Magnets and stickers are good, I put them on my garage toolboxes and shelves. I could also use some cool socks. Christ am I really asking for socks?
Hobbies: I like to read, and have taken up running and bike riding to hopefully lose some weight.
Shirt size: XL
Junk/No Junk:I'm down for your junk
Comments: I do have a shotglass collection, and like vintage Porsche things.
A local merchant option: Amazon is fine
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only, and they better be glorious dicks. None of this half-assed peepee crap.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Raluek posted:

I wasn't planning on joining, because historically I've had a tough time coming up with ideas for this sort of thing, but I'll give it a shot again anyway. It's been a few years, and I finally am past the "starving student" phase

CornHolio posted:

I wasn't going to do this as I haven't really been in the mood lately, but what the hell. Maybe it'll cheer me up.

For what it's worth, I feel both of you. Two thousand twenty wasn't my worst year of the last 55 or so, but mentally, we're all...tired. I'm leaning into it here & on another forum because it'll get me into a holiday frame of mind, and definitely will cheer me up.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Re-filled out the form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Hell, I wasn't going to, but I may as well spread some cheer. Signed up on the form, and here we go:

Siochain
My vehicles: 2011 Tundra and 2013 Venza
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: A decent hatchet
Something small I would really like: Random cookies/candies/chips
Hobbies: Gaming, hunting, snowmobiling
Shirt size: XXL, only something horrible if possible
Junk/No Junk: No junk/very small junk
Comments: I'm all about cool regional stuff - snacks/treats/unique things about where you live
A local merchant option: Amazon, Canadian Tire