Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lake of Methane posted:

This list is a delightful bag of schnitzelfreuden that I will be revisiting for a few days.

https://twitter.com/FNAKC/status/1322367086375698432

That’s almost certainly what happened; you can tell the thought lines as you go down the page. Lynda Carter is on there twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I swear a countries propensity for doing stuff like this (or wood and brick braking) seems totally inverse to having any real military ablity.

Egypt and Algeria almost went to war with each other (put their Air Forces on heightened alert) over the African Cup of Nations match in 2010; based on these videos I suspect an actual war between the two would have been the Folsom Street Fair moved to the desert.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Lake of Methane posted:

This list is a delightful bag of schnitzelfreuden that I will be revisiting for a few days.

https://twitter.com/FNAKC/status/1322367086375698432

I have so many questions here. What was the criteria to get on the list? Who drew up the the list? Was it just a bunch of staffers in a room randomly shouting out names of celebrities only to find that many of them were left-leaning or did they genuinely think the majority of these people could sign on because they secretly like big strong Daddy?

I'm also a bit surprised none of the boxes say "dead" because they didn't realize the person being suggested was not actually living anymore.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

it's coming
https://twitter.com/MariahCarey/status/1322920395754917889?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Egypt and Algeria almost went to war with each other (put their Air Forces on heightened alert) over the African Cup of Nations match in 2010; based on these videos I suspect an actual war between the two would have been the Folsom Street Fair moved to the desert.

Did Libya/Tunisia have any say in this or?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Defenestrategy posted:

"Kevin Smith - Pending Answer Describes himself as "fairly conservative" but seems liberal in his support of Obama and gay rights"

Smith does not describe himself as fairly conservative lol.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Defenestrategy posted:

"Guy Fieri – overcommitted Declined"

:discourse:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I really hope the news media and social media have measures in place to ensure they don't accidentally sent as a platform for Trump inciting violence or falsely proclaiming victory on election night. Though I don't know how you do so without the chuds then going into a frothing, violent rage about a Biden coup.

Recently perused some right-wing forums and they're all convinced Trump will win in any election that isn't stolen. It's an article of faith, rather than a week-reasoned position. Contrast with everywhere else where non-right-wing folks, even Biden-stans, almost universally with what polling shows: a Biden win is more likely, but by no means a sure thing. The potential for right-wing violence is exacerbated by their blind zealotry—they'd perceive a loss as violence against them, justifying their "defensive" actions.

You know what, I'd totally support Thanksgiving songs being a thing if they served as a bulwark against Christmas carols in November...

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

My birthday is this month.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Godholio posted:

Smith does not describe himself as fairly conservative lol.

yea I dunno where they got that from. While I was working in the boonies I listened to his autobiography and he seemed like a self depreciating left wing goony goon.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

yea I dunno where they got that from. While I was working in the boonies I listened to his autobiography and he seemed like a self depreciating left wing goony goon.

He probably had a statement in an interview once where he said he was “fairly conservative but...” either changed his position or was conservative on one topic only and they just stopped reading when they saw the magic word.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

they have Sean Penn in the "maybe" column, this is fully :catdrugs:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shame on an IGA posted:

they have Sean Penn in the "maybe" column, this is fully :catdrugs:

Revenge of the intern who got the assignment.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Midjack posted:

He probably had a statement in an interview once where he said he was “fairly conservative but...” either changed his position or was conservative on one topic only and they just stopped reading when they saw the magic word.

Maybe he just loves malls which seems like a fairly conservative thing to do

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/chucklindell/status/1322969722875502593

https://twitter.com/chucklindell/status/1322970382740185088

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Seems a bit optimistic to call anything an “emerging stronghold” but take what you can get I guess.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Cugel the Clever posted:

You know what, I'd totally support Thanksgiving songs being a thing if they served as a bulwark against Christmas carols in November...

that's step one in Mariah's year round dominance of the airwaves.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There's a word to describe mentally disabled folk you're not supposed to use as slang anymore which begins with "R".

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1322970661439066115

Hair Fuhrer thinks everyone in the country is one of them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I can't wait for my brain to go so I can live in a fantasy world full time

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Milo and POTUS posted:

I wanna go to one of those dementia villages but it's just Obama making "thanks obama" jokes and dropping in shots from the 3 point line.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

This guy beat you to it: https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/01/americas/quebec-city-stabbing-attack/index.html

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Winning hearts and minds

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1322957092412686343

There were some chuds on I-66 this morning trying for some sort of Trump convoy towards DC. Unfortunately for them it was a drizzly foggy mess, so the whole thing ended up as isolated groups of 2-3 lifted trucks with sodden Trump flags crawling along 20 mph under the speed limit in the right lane with their blinkers on, half-lost in the spray of semis blowing past them.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
People protesting in the street = BAD EVIL ANTIFA LAW AND ORDER

People blocking the street with cars and trump flags = totally ok and normal

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
As I recall, many hardcore anti-gubbermint militia battle plans start with the blockading of specific interstate bottlenecks.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

As I recall, many hardcore anti-gubbermint militia battle plans start with the blockading of specific interstate bottlenecks.

Yup, "starve the cities". (The militias then starve when the local Dollar General stops receiving supplies, the cities continue to receive shipments from sea as per usual)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A line of lifted F-150s ain't exactly the Berlin Wall

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Man QC is beautiful city

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

No, but a roving bands of technicals carrying armed bandits freedom fighters would be a major damper on interstate commerce.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MRC48B posted:

No, but a roving bands of technicals carrying armed bandits freedom fighters would be a major damper on interstate commerce.

If they start attacking interstate commerce, that's when their rich friends suddenly call out the guard on them.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CommieGIR posted:

If they start attacking interstate commerce, that's when their rich friends suddenly call out the guard on them.

I kinda feel like the blockading aspect became obsolete with the introduction of drones. A single Hellfire-N would probably discourage them from staying still pretty quickly.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I kinda feel like the blockading aspect became obsolete with the introduction of drones. A single Hellfire-N would probably discourage them from staying still pretty quickly.

Yeah, it won't work. They forget that the industry and commerce of the city is what keeps the country boys going just as much as their agriculture feeds the city. These chucklefucks think they are the new Army of Northern Virginia, and they just are not.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
That trump truck bullshit is happening in my area (Manhattan, KS), they're just driving around blaring their horns it sounds like.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm glad I moved to a blue state before the 2016 election so that for the most part the only Trump stuff I saw was on the internet.

From religion to politics conservatives really love the performative aspect of it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

we've been selling ourselves a vision of "independence" and "self-sufficiency" for years, everyone thinks withdrawing from wider society (ie moving to marginal parts of its logistical network and hoarding everything you can) is the cool thing to do, it's just that democrats call it "sustainability" and "mindfulness"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Doc Hawkins posted:

we've been selling ourselves a vision of "independence" and "self-sufficiency" for years, everyone thinks withdrawing from wider society (ie moving to marginal parts of its logistical network and hoarding everything you can) is the cool thing to do, it's just that democrats call it "sustainability" and "mindfulness"

How are you identifying sustainability with hoarding? What?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Both sides, dontcha know. Lol get loving real

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

madeintaipei posted:

Demographic: super spreaders. Jfc.

Wtf are they even referring to? Republicans?

I can't believe someone like Trevor Noah wouldn't immediately agree and just troll the poo poo out of them, seems like a missed opportunity

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Gave a big old bird and the horn to a maga truck rally staging area today, felt good.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I don't get this, were they shutting down a particular blue voting place? What's the point?

Owning the libs by sticking myself on a highway for hours on the weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Winning hearts and minds

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1322957092412686343

There were some chuds on I-66 this morning trying for some sort of Trump convoy towards DC. Unfortunately for them it was a drizzly foggy mess, so the whole thing ended up as isolated groups of 2-3 lifted trucks with sodden Trump flags crawling along 20 mph under the speed limit in the right lane with their blinkers on, half-lost in the spray of semis blowing past them.

At this point, I'm fully expecting :smugdon:, in the event of a loss, to call on the states which clearly go for him on Tuesday to secede from the Union and join a new country with him as king and him claiming he'll fund the whole thing out of his pocket.