Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Actually everything in this thread is cool and pretend I emptyquoted all of it. I need to go check out CC more often!

Right? Some amazing and inspiring stories in this thread too! About really impressive art, and in so many different mediums! Thank you CC goons for touring the forums or I would have missed the circus entirely, I will watch this thread closely now. And I too will have to lurk CC a bit more.

I like making and playing games, especially CYOAs here on the forums with y'all! I ran a pretty epic one for a few years about goblins, it had a big act-break on New Years' day 2020, and I hung it up for a year to concentrate on SA's front page (with my fellow FP revival teammember, the OP! Hi Phiz).

And what a year it's been! But we're finally almost back to December again, so I'm tidying up the companion site, building a new computer, refining my workflow, just generally getting ready to return for part 2 of Goblins starting this Christmas. I even made some cool clay-and-cactus posters to mark the gap between parts 1 and 2:

Technical stuff aside though, I have to get myself ready to host a really intricate forums game again. They're functionally webcomics and comics of any kind are all about stamina! So I'm warming up with a fun, lower-stakes scratch-paper game with my friends here in BYOB. It's about aliens and doodle-maps, and it just started so it's the perfect time to join us all.

Come put me through my paces as a GM, the goblin players are a ruthless bunch and I need my dice sharp for 'em!

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Keetron posted:

I want all watercolor people in CC so I can tell them about paper and paints and pigments and so on!

Cool! I can definitely use some pointers. Sid is killing it with the stack of good paintings, I am impressed.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

RickRogers posted:

Not sure if this is so creative, but I built my first pirate bunk bed.
I don't have much confidence in my own diy abilities since my first shelf fell on my head whilst I slept, so I overcompensate everything, and this time I spent more on robust materials than what a perfectly fine bunk bed would normally cost.

Why yes the bed is screwed together with reinforced machine bolts and nuts, thank you for noticing.

I had a roommate in college who collapsed a bunk bed (taking a partner in it with them, of course) and it sounds funny but it wrecked the room and they could have been seriously hurt. Having a shelf fall on you sounds nasty, depending on how much weight is on it that's like taking a cricket bat to the face out of nowhere.

Definitely sounds like creative endeavors in general to me!

Sig by Heather Papps