Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Over the last few months I've been learning Blender and made a new years resolution to stick with my projects and not rush them, which is a big deal because usually I'll get bored or demoralised and then push them out prematurely. It's been a culture shock for me but the results are worth it - I've learned a lot and I'm making things I didn't think I'd be able to put together without a lot more effort. I don't have the luxury of furlough but if I did I'd probably be spending most of my waking time working on my projects.

My current ongoing one that I've been haunting YOSPOS's Blender thread with has been the Ghastly Martin, which is a steam powered undead hunter's car with a bunch of fun gadgets I'm in the process of animating. I made a rough animation a few days ago that shows off the roof, some of the flaps (ooer) and the engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ6jR8UiCS4

It's got pop-out combination flamethrower/stake launchers:

High tech interior lighting solutions:

And a fun cluttered interior, with old cigarettes, a map, old scrolls and more:

I've always been a fan of making vehicles in games like GMod, Trailmakers and so on and just marvelling at some of the great concepts other artists come up with, so getting to a point where I understand how to do this sort of thing myself is hugely rewarding. 3D art is like all those games I enjoyed but without the limitations on what I can do :3:

Prior to this I made a cuckoo clock/time magic pistol and I can see just how far I've come since then. It's been a helluva ride and I've seen the results applying myself have to offer, but there's still so much I need - and most importantly, want - to learn :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-UDkvYIXn8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Thanks! Now is an excellent time to revisit 3d modelling. Blender 2.9 is relatively simple to figure out, especially with the tons (and tons and tons) of tutorials out there. It's undergone a ton of changes from when I last tampered with it in the late 2010's and the UI is a heck of a lot friendlier, far less reliant on learning a billion keyboard shortcuts :)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

yoooooooo check out World of Horror and start making mods! This is gloriously creepy.

Oh my god yes. This artstyle would vibe so well with World of Horror