Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Made an (semi) Biblically Accurate Angel for a video.

Basically two shepherds in ancient Judea are sitting in the desert one of them is talking about his plans to leave the sheepherding gig for a job in his uncle's workshop that makes penis charms that are massively popular with the Romans. Then suddenly an angel appears from the sky tells them not to fear, they fear. He tries to tell them about the birth of the Messiah but they're too freaked out to listen.

Basically I bought a few metal rings of various sizes from a crafts shop. Fastened them togethers with plastic straps. Covered all of that with newspaper and tape. Painted over that with some "pale rose". Bought some wooden balls, sawed them in half and sprayed them with a glossy white base. Then I printed out some irises and made my wife cut them out because my hands are wonky and I can't cut in a straight line nevermind a circle . Glued them onto the eyeballs with mod podge and then fastened the eyeballs to the frame. Covered all of that with strips of cotton soaked in liquid latex and painted over that again doing a few passes of various drybrushes until I was satisfied.

In action
http://i.imgur.com/wPQwRsG.gifv
Blinking eyes courtesy of forums user Feedmyleg who is a cool and good dude.
still need to do some fine tuning on the motion and hiding the limitations of the lovely wings I got free off Youtube.

I considered adding a fire effect to it since the wheels within wheels are supposed to be flaming but I felt it distracted from the turgid fleshiness of the angel.

The actual humans it interacts with will be played by characters from the game The Movies (2005) with human faces awkwardly Deep Faked on top. Mostly because my friend who I usually do all my videos with is self quarantining because he's disabled and Covid would probably kill him so we can't really go out and film or really meet so we came up with the most needlessly complicated solution we could find to still do videos but in a way that is deeply uncomfortable to watch.

The angel will probably on screen for at most 40 seconds in one sketch out of 6 or 7 (if we manage to "film" everything we've written so far" but is now by far the biggest expenditure in time and money. But it's alright since I wrote the sketch specifically so I would have an excuse to make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The way it sways is a fake handheld preset I bought off the internet ages ago. The basic movement is just the built in basics in Premiere Pro.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That Beholder is drunk of his rear end

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Starting work on a spooky tombstone for a short film

Only bought enough air dry clay for one side and everything is closed for Easter so I'm not gonna get any further for now.

The lettering is a bit sloppy, was going to print out some letters in a fancy font, cut them out, and gently press them into the clay but the printer wouldn't cooperate so I had to clumsily etch it in with my credit card.

Gonna paint it and weather it and add some moss and/or lichen so it will be fitting for this dude to climb out of the accompanying grave

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 4, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It is complete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I legit thought the first one, with the snake wrapped around it's head, was a photo for a split second. It's an amazing image.