Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
drat, literally every goon is cooler than me... heres my insta that i'm terrible at updating.

Heres some stuff?

Made a mold from a real fossil and cast this magnet

Made molds from local acorns and cast em

Made some real small corns out of polymer clay

lastly, flower crowns for week old rats (that I bred, does that count as 'making' something?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Thanks, if you like rats n crafts i also made the props in this vid (not my tiktok)

Im completely astonished by the creative power of goons, this thread is a modern art museum (minus the rich weirdo's vanity projects?)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

whoa these own, are they all sculpey?
First two are resin, resin with sculpey-premo caps, then the rest is all sculpey/premo

I've been making a lot of wood poo poo and playing around with a laser cutter

latest thing has been trying to get it to crank out cheap and easy marquetry, hosed this design up pretty bad but maybe it'll be salvageable with an epoxy fill or something

This stuff is absolutely amazing? Is that picture jasper or picture sandstone on top of the top two boxes? I absolutely love both of them and your use here is gorgeous. That tiger is also blowing me away, im off my rear end about how cool this wood stuff is

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Thanks! Yeah they're sandstones I picked up at a gem shop out West, I really liked the way the grain sorta continues in all dimensions so I wanted to make something where they pop out a bit. Running out of em now but I'm hanging out with the local lapidary guild so I'll probably be doing a lot more stone in wood in the near future.

I really like the translucent glow you got on the acorns, what resin do you use? I've been hunting around for affordable stuff I can use for stuff like that tiger where a wood inlay just tears out

Back when we could go to conventions rock and gem shows were nice for getting decently cheap slabs of stuff. Its more expensive, but picture jasper has a similar look in terms of the banding and colors but looks even more like a sepia toned watercolor, and sometimes includes teals/blues.

Your boxes are gorgeous

Re resin, those are easycast but i also really like art n glow and use it mostly nowdays