Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'm going to set this thread wandering in a few days, so if you have something you like then post just post just post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I've been writing stories in Thunderdome for around 8 years and have done ~200,000 words of varyingly bad fiction. That's not what this is about though.

See I had a big birthday recently, and while we were having a birthday beer my writing goonbuds pulled out a box.

Inside the box were eight professionally bound, beautifully designed, typeset and illustrated books of every nonsensical word I've written in that dumb thread.

They also, because that wasn't insane enough, 3D printed me octopus bookends.

I may have cried a little. Best birthday present ever. Yoruichi, sitting here, surreptitiousmuffin, cpt_dr, anomalous blowout, fumblemouse, morning bell, and steeltoedsneakers are the finest and most high quality goons.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Alright, wave farewell to the Travelling Circus, it's off on its adventures. Next stop: BYOB!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

City of Glompton posted:

the posters in this thread are all so talented! :love:

Go out and take a photo of something you think is cool and post it here!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The mountebanks are packing up their tents, so now is the time if you have anything else to post, the thread will head off soon...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This thread is moving on soon, so post your culinary wonders if you got'em! So far you are being beaten by AI, if I was the sort to make such comparisons which I'm obv not

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Literally A Person posted:

loving serious, goon. This is amazing. The detail is awesome. Holy crap.

But what's her name???

I want to know this too, but would understand if you wanted to name her by thread vote :getin:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i'm loving all these things, keep them coming!

for me, here's me thinking out loud over a star citizen loading screen, part of my earnest attempt to Find the Fun (there isn't any) it's super dumb but i enjoyed making it :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpP3RSbrnQI

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Falco posted:

I just finished up making presents for my two little boys. They are 4 and 7, so I may regret making them slingshots, but I had a blast making them and for now they will only know the ammo to be felted wool balls (we'll see how long that lasts). And they shoot amazingly well for really knowing nothing about slingshots.

those are beautiful and you're going to regret doing it at least once but it's definitely worth it :)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

some potent mad science energy here, that's awesome

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

these are all extremely rad, thanks so much to everyone for sharing. The Travelling Circus is going to be packing up its tents and moving along in the next few days, so get in your cool elfgame crap now imo

Is anyone doing recorded games? It would have been so bizarre for child me to know that in the future people would play dungeons and dragons (with girls! for money!) and the whole world could watch.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Thank you TG, you're doing an awesome array of extremely rad poo poo. the Travelling Circus is packing up now, but keep it bookmarked as it travels round the forums, and feel free to drop in and post whenever you have something cool to show off!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hello Musicians Lounge, the circus is in town! This is a chance to display your cool stuff, whether music or video or what the hell ever.

I've been playing cello for a while, Freezing Works is how we found out that it's really easy to put stuff on Spotify just like a real band.

Here's an old one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfZWyUio1ng

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Here are a few selections from an album I have coming out this spring. The album consists of a lot of tracks I've posted in the past on the forums over the last few years, that I finally finished up and had professionally mastered. I'll make sure to shamelesssly plug the album when it comes out here too :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozPtqH0wVv4

this piece is lovely! i did some cello noodling on it

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 16, 2021

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Leperflesh posted:

I am through Oh, You Temporary Thing and I really dig it. Love the concept and story and this is a great kind of grooving electronic space soft techno thing that hits a good spot for me.

yeah this is great!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

goddam I keep thinking I should move this thread along but y'all keep posting cool stuff PLEASE CONTINUE

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ok, looks like that was the last song for real for the lounge, thanks you've been great. Pack up your pedals and poo poo we're jumping in the van and heading to SH/SC

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Simple but satisfying. That's a good clean build.

I took my new build back to the shop because I thought they hadn't flashed the bios for my ryzen, they politely pointed out that I hadn't plugged in the cpu power cable.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Naw, it doesn't have to be anything related to the subforum it's in (though it can!), the traveling is just so lots of goons get to show what they've been working on.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

those are some good birds

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Thanks SH and its flakey yet oddly charming sibling SC! It's been amazing to visit but the cpus are being packed up and the coolers are being stuffed awkwardly back into their boxes, it's moving time!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Welcome to gbs, thread! Enjoy your stay!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

flavor.flv posted:

I take wool and then stab it with a barbed needle until it looks like stuff

This one's my favourite, I want to do more stuff like this:

These are incredible

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Those are rad!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I don't have anything to show yet, but I wanted to share what I was doing outside of the animation thread. And I want to brag semi-anonymously.

I wrote 6 scripts last year for a known corporation that wants to launch a toy line by using animated webisodes. Well, the focus testing just ended on the 6 stories and they placed 2nd against well known IPs like Angry Birds. The only IP that kids 4-6 liked better was Simon the rabbit.

The company is so happy that they ordered 50 episodes from my writing partner and me. For me that's like a year's worth of pay in 3 months.

That's amazing, congratulations!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

yoooooooo check out World of Horror and start making mods! This is gloriously creepy.

hey mods i think this thread should allow fundraising links. especially for someone with an established track record! totally unrelated but if anyone likes movies where night of the living dead meets the thing, snip

Yeah, personally I don't have a problem with it so I'll ask, but in the interest of not getting a probe would you mind editing that out in the meantime?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

me running back and forth between this post and my browser history as an ever increasing line of mods weighs in on the probateability of fundraising in the ccircus thread

i'm actually gonna probate you so hard just on general principles riffling through my big book of reasons godddam

e: ok link is fine, closing big book of reasons, as u were

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 14, 2021

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Holy hell that's cool

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Thread is getting ready to move on, so drop in any last minute projects and creations!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Huh, that's cool

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ok post your pictures quick because the traveling circus is on its way to its next mystery destination

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hello PYF! Please Post Your Favourite cool poo poo you've done, or been involved with!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'll give this a few more days then move it on, pyf I believe in you, unlock your treasure cabinets

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Internet Explorer posted:

Whaaat!?! Those are loving cool!

:amen:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That's amazing! I want little animated pixel bubbles...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ok, time for the Circus to go home. Thanks to all who posted in it!

It will stay in its CC home for another week, then we'll send it to the Goodmine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Chernabog posted:

Posted this elsewhere but might as well post it in here as well:
https://i.imgur.com/LBiLIgQ.gifv

that's very cool!

Ok that's a wrap - thanks all you insanely talented and clever goons for showing off the contents of your brains and doings of your hands.