Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

:lmao:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

learned more about clone stamp (:h:), colour burn, and layer transparency today! i'm pleased that i managed to get some appearance of depth with the tiny shadowing on all the bits

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i'm glad the circus came to town, i enjoyed seeing Things

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Vegastar posted:

Before the thread heads off, I give you Dr. Hoppenheimer. He was part of a bigger thing for an art challenge but I hosed up the layers and can’t put the fixed frog in to the fixed scene like a doofus.

did a quick and dirty edit:

he's got a bit of a blue and white aura now, but maybe he's powering up to destroy some worlds?

e: vv that one's much cleaner, nice!

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 22, 2020

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

hot dang, that was a lot of rad posts to wake up to!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

internet celebrity posted:

I finished and released my first album between 2019 and 2020. It fits somewhere in the instrumental post-rock umbrella with elements of drone and noise rock with some spoken word sampling, think more like 90s GYBE, Set Fire to Flames, and Swans than Mogwai and EITS. I hate talking about what I sound like so uh, if you're into dark, cryptic, occasionally abrasive atmospheric/soundscape kind of music then check it out, I'm pretty proud of it.

(Art by goon deep dish peat moss)

Encoded in Dead Air - The music came about because my front porch faces TV Hill in Baltimore which is littered with all kinds of cool looking broadcast towers. There's so much EMI that I pretty much have to accept that everything I record here will be noisy and with that limitation I just leaned into it for this project. There's a running theme here (in my mind anyway) of radio and TV signals acting like alternate realities to the physical world we occupy and the various ways that we communicate with the past, future, dead, and living over the air.

Bandcamp: https://deanhamilton.bandcamp.com/album/encoded-in-dead-air (grab a free download here if you want)
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0FoovuutTTcKmcr0U2b9nu

Rate Your Music entry, if you're a RYM user. I'm only a few ratings from showing up in the charts and that'd be huge. The spam filter on RYM is pretty aggressive though so please don't rate if you're not already an active user.

1. this is good
2. ddpm's art is good, what a great combo
3. your name is the same as a deceased musician friend of mine which wigged me out for a moment!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Chernabog posted:

Made this a few days ago:

wanna know where this guy's going, i am interigued

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

what're you buying?