Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

Currently (sorta) working on a baby blanket for my new niece

I've always wanted to be good at digital art, but I am terrible at drawing. So, I've been practicing by inking and coloring character art my wife draws!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

FluffieDuckula posted:

i might get a profit over the supplies but i'd probably make like 15 cents an hour

that's all hand stitching around every applique you see there. even the eyes of the kids

frankly i think there's something wrong with me

holey moley, I wish I had the patience for quilting, but I am extremely bad about measuring everything correctly. these are amazing!

Do you do the quilting yourself as well? My aunt bought herself a long arm quilting machine when she retired and now the rest of the family sends her their pieced together projects to finish, which is a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

FluffieDuckula posted:

right now i tie my quilts. i've been starting to practice a technique called "quilt as you go" where you can use your machine to quilt small sections before attaching the whole quilt together. i'd like to try that for a while before buying a giant expensive machine

Soon I will have a dedicated sewing space again and maybe I'll look into this technique!

Sid Vicious posted:

I made another hermit crab this evening

Cat Crab drugs

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

readingatwork posted:

Oh wow I've never actually posted in BYOB before. Is it safe? Am I putting myself in danger right now? Oh God please don't hurt me!

Anyways I've been working on a graphic novel about two nerds stuck in a computer simulation that have partial amnesia. It just lives on imgur for now but one of my homework assignments for next year is to get a WordPress site or something for it up. My goal is to finish with chapter 1 by the end of the year:

The rest are here. Read them or whatever:
https://imgur.com/a/5pfsyB3

Oh wow, this looks fantastic!

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

Sid Vicious posted:

i painted gritty well its a combination pigment pen and paint

As a Philadelphian I can attest that this is an A+ Gritty