Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
And on the complete opposite end of the productivity spectrum: I'm "building" a (electric standing)desk for a house we purchased and are moving into. WFH for the past 6 years, it's time to treat myself.

I had a local place glue together and plane a few pieces of Ash (roughly 72x35).
Top sanded to 320, bottom to... I don't know. maybe 200?

Threw down a few layers of shellac on the bottom.

Added some threaded inserts because I want to be able to take it apart without trashing it.

And this is just aft 2 coats of tung oil.

I'm 5 coats deep and think I'm about done, just letting it cure, then will throw it all together in the new office once we move in (hopefully in a week or two). Hope to show an update then.

All in all, not a ton of effort, but very excited to start using it soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU